A potential new ally.
1.3k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The deviled one followed the grey cat. Looking around, she decided to rethink what just happened.

Her curiosity got the better of her, and if it were not for the appearance of the cat, she would have long been spider food.

 

Now that she thinks about it, what was this spider kind.

 

Her parents did tell stories about giant spiders, but none of them were supposed to be so big. But the spiders she fought in there were many times bigger than what she was told.

 

To her surprise she also found out that this spider family didn’t really behave like a normal spider would.

 

It is known that a male and a female only meet for the reason of giving offspring.

After hat, the male is advised to leave the female, or else it is risking of being eaten.

 

But here it looked like the male and female lived together, even after both of them mated.

 

The albino spider, who was probably the female, was the strongest and fastest among the spider. She was also most likely the head of the arachnoid family.

 

Its mate on the other hand seemed far weaker. However, it had abilities that the female did not.

 

Taking into account, the deviled one even thought that the male could not only use electric magic, but probably also go invisible.

 

That was why she was caught of guard. Somehow, the male spider managed to hide from her magical sense ability. Was it capable of going invisible?

 

A cold shiver ran through her back when she realized how lucky she was of encountering the cat.

 

After they finished walking the hallway, a big staircase went up.

 

It was made out of something grew, and most likely was made out of stone.

 

The stone was incredibly well grinded, no stone bigger that the other.

 

And it was pushing up.

 

Just as she went on the staircase, she felt the floor under her feet move.

 

Slowly, the staircase itself moved.

 

Were it not for the deviled ones training, she would have lost balance and fallen on her back.

 

She did however hold out towards the handles for a moment.

The cat seeing her reaction only gave a sound which resembled a smirk, and then laid down, utterly unbothered and without a care in the world.

 

The deviled one only looked around more.

 

Then, she saw that the walls became transparent, and she could now see what was around them.

 

As the stairs continued to go higher and higher, the deviled one saw that they were now in a jungle. It was incredibly highly lit up, and she could see various plants and faunas she never even heard before.

 

But how was that possible? If her magical senses were true, than they were still currently underground.

 

But it was no denying it. Under the mansion lied a gigantic jungle full of exotic life, of both beast and plant type.

 

Now she only wished to meet the owner more.

 

’IDIOT! He was right there! Why did you pretend you were asleep?! AAAARGHG’

 

Looking around, she looked down at herself.

Her current black dress was slightly ruined because of her fight with the spider family.

Slight cuts were everywhere, showing of in some places.

 

Luckily, her wounds have long already healed themselves. But now she looked rather awkward.

 

Her dress seemed that it could potentially break any minute, her massive breast seemed to pop out any moment, and the dress on her back side was slowly ripping out.

 

That is why she tried not to move too much, or else the dress would rip out.

 

Finally, after a while, they came up.

 

The deviled one followed the grey cat forward, and they passed through a big wooden corridor.

 

This time, the wall was made out of a different kind of wood.

 

And then the deviled one remembered where she saw this kind of wood.

 

In the woods of the wood elves, it is said that a race of tree titans exists.

 

They, like the wood elves, protect the forest at any cost.

But being the children of the goddess of life, they can be as brutal as life itself.

 

Sometimes, these titans would go out of the woods, wreaking havoc on the other races.

They do this as it seems to them that the only way to protect their forest from invasions is to eradicate the other races.

 

That is why they sometimes have to be put down, if they refuse to return to their forest.

 

But killing them is not easy. Compared to normal wood, the body of the wood titans are highly resistant towards fire and magic itself.

 

The most reliable way to kill a wood titan is to use death magic, sucking the life energy of the hulking being itself.

 

Otherwise, the massive being would simply regenerate all its damage that it has accumulated.

 

And even if they were cut in pieces, these pieces would sooner or later regenerate.

 

Death mafic was the only way.

 

After using the spell, the titan would then decompose and disappear.

Many wished to use the corpse of the dead titan as possible work, but because it would slowly disappear, nobody but the wood elves could use the wood for themselves.

 

The titans for the wood elves are also sacred creatures to them, so they refuse to sell their secrets.

 

But now, the deviled one could see that the entire upper side of the mansion was made out of the same wood as the wood titan.

 

Trying to feel the energy of the mansion again, she could feel that the mansion was alive.

 

She couldn’t be on the bad side of the owner. If the deviled ones were to have a good relationship with the owner, they could possibly amass heights never possible before. They could then possibly protect themselves not only from the other races, but even their gods themselves!

 

The deviled one then put a serious expression, thinking about what she could do to get a friendly relationship with the lord of the mansion.

 

This was an incredible opportunity for the entire demonic race.

 

For a moment, she thought of maybe even becoming the lord’s best friend, if possible, even his or her bride.

Forget that prideful jackass of a fiancée she was supposed to marry.

Yes, he may be the inheritor of one of the major demonic clans, but the owner was much more important! Her family could possibly unite the entire demonic race under one banner.

 

44