An oracle narrating a moment I
389 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the heroes arrived in this unfamiliar world, they found themselves faced with countless challenges and mysteries. Among the group was Maria, the fiery mage whose powers had been both a gift and a curse. She had struggled with the painful consequences of her abilities, the burns and agony that accompanied her every spell. It was a burden she carried with resilience, but a burden nonetheless.

One fateful day, as the group ventured through a bustling market town, Maria's eyes fell upon a stall unlike any other. There, amid the tapestries, trinkets, and alchemical paraphernalia, was a modest booth adorned with vials of shimmering elixirs and scrolls of arcane wisdom. The sign above the stall read "Eloren's Emporium of Wonders."

Maria approached the stall, her eyes filled with hope, and Eloren, the enigmatic half-high elf and half-dark elf alchemist, greeted her with a warm smile. Maria poured her heart out, explaining the torment her powers had wrought upon her, the pain that accompanied every spell she cast.

Eloren listened attentively, her dual heritage allowing her to empathize with the struggles of one caught between two worlds. With a serene understanding, she nodded, and Maria sensed that this alchemist might hold the solution to her predicament.

"Don't you have an alchemist yourself?" She asked.

"No, he has sadly no way of helping me."

"Then I may have just the thing for you," Eloren said in a voice that carried both wisdom and compassion. She reached beneath her stall and retrieved a small, ornate vial containing a glowing liquid, a potion she had crafted with great care.

"This," Eloren explained, "is a remedy I've developed over the years, a soothing elixir that can ease the pain caused by your fiery powers. It won't extinguish your flames, but it will make them more bearable."

Maria's eyes welled with gratitude as she accepted the vial. She knew that Eloren's gift was a lifeline, a chance to wield her powers without the excruciating aftermath. With trembling hands, she uncorked the vial and consumed the elixir. A profound sense of relief washed over her as the burning sensation subsided, replaced by a soothing coolness.

Tears of relief glistened in Maria's eyes as she looked up at Eloren. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "I cannot express how much this means to me."

Eloren simply nodded, her smile filled with understanding. "It is my pleasure to help those in need," she replied. "Remember, Maria, the true power of magic lies not only in its fire but in the hearts of those who wield it."

From that day forward, a bond of a customer and consumer was formed between Maria and Eloren. The alchemist's remedy became an invaluable tool in Maria's arsenal, allowing her to embrace her powers with newfound confidence.

Eloren meanwhile enjoyed the money Maria brought into her store every time she came in. For that reason, she always prepared Flame's Respite Elixir for the inevitable return of the fire mage.

Her workshop also soon grew into popularity, after all, who wouldn't want to buy something from the alchemist, that get's regulary visited by Maria Pyria herself

 

11