Ch 2 Twist
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three months have passed since the fire...

The purple-haired girl in a sandwich shop attendant's uniform accepts the order in a lifeless tone. After that, she bowed once and walked back behind the counter.

"Damn it, her gloomy face really made my appetite disappear."

A regular customer who had just ordered food murmured softly.

"Sorry. My friend's child, she's been through terrible things lately, so this girl is not very cheerful these days. But she is a diligent girl, "replied Gentle'Sand's owner, who wiped the table next to him.

"Hmph…everyone around here knows that. But service work is service work. "

"I'm really sorry. As soon as she gets over it, I can assure you that she will spread her liveliness throughout the shop and even out over the alley! "

"Jeez, I've heard this a thousand times from you. But I hope you are right."

Gentle smiled and continued cleaning the table.

When the number of customers became sparse, Ravyn took off the shop's apron. As she was about to leave the back door, she heard Pierret addressed with concern.

"Vyn, you've been taking orders since this morning. Just go have some rest upstairs first. I'll go get them myself."

"It's okay," Ravyn replied shortly before she walk away.

…I thought we were as close as sisters after we'd been together for months, but she was still being courteous to me like before…

Pierret wanted to vent her frustration, but remembering what Ravyn had to face, she could only sigh.

"Well, godspeed."

######

Ravyn was standing to check the amount of meat she ordered from the market. But the corner of her eye stumbled upon a slender man wandering about ten meters away in the corridor. The girl couldn't believe her eyes, but that unforgettable face she just saw could not be mistaken for anyone else. She shifted her attention from what she was doing and rushed to charge that person, pressing down on the ground with her full strength. The pair of eyes that used to look so dead were now staring at her target with a burning flame of vengeance.

"You're supposed to stay in prison until the last day of your life! How come are you here?!"

Ravyn asked furiously, pointing the same air pistol at him.

"Oh, Pim's kid?" replied Undre's familiar voice.

"Answer my question before you are buried alive here!"

Ravyn pressed the muzzle against this killer's temple.

"I just got out when I found a way."

*Smash*

"You murderer! "

Ravyn hit Undre with a gun to vent her anger over this nonsense. However, his response was only a disgusting laugh.

"Bweh hehehe!"

The purple-haired girl stowed the gun into a secret compartment in her shoe before she couldn't hold back any longer.

"Argh!!"

She punched Undre in the face, again and again, and again… The girl continued striking her fist, ignoring her finger bones that were now fractured in both hands, and Undre's face was covered in blood.

Later, a few cops came to stop her and they were both taken to the police station.

######

"That guy killed Pim, put him into the prison!"

Ravyn said this all the way to the substation.

"Calm down, assertive lady. If he has a case with us, we definitely won't let him go."

A policeman told the girl and then asked their names for a criminal background check. But his expression only changed as Undre took off his right glove and raised his hand. The donkey's head tattoo on the back of his hand terrified the entire office.

"You..you were arrested for assault."

The policeman who brought Ravyn here handcuffs her.

"We're very sorry, we didn't know you were from the 'Donkey' gang"

The station director hurriedly told the person who was restraining Undre to let go of him and bow humbly.

"You guys are all crazy!"

Ravyn struggled to resist the capture.

"That's a murderer!"

She continued, but three other policemen helped drag her to jail for the perpetrators today. Undre took out a handkerchief and wiped the blood, revealing a small wound on his lips, and slowly walked up to Ravyn.

"Little one, ignore me and go back to your normal life. Think of it as bad luck getting to know Pim so that you won't die in vain."

*pow!*

Ravyn smashed her wounded hand against the steel frame that kept her from the murderer who killed her one and only mother.

"Bad luck?! Don't talk nonsense. You have to pay for what you have don…"

"Quiet, inmate! This is a police station, don't make any more fuss. No matter how many more lives you have, it will never be enough to go into trouble with Donkey."

The cop nearby spoke up.

"What the hell is up with everyone?"

The girl was confused.

"Ah, how naïve. Let me help make things easier for you to understand."

Undre picked up his trusty knife and took a look before slashing it into the policeman's arm there.

*Thud*

One human arm dropped down the ground with blood streaming down.

"Aghh!!"

The police collapsed, writhing in pain. Even at this moment, no one dared to take down the cruel man standing there. Ravyn was dumbfounded at the tragic truth that was seen before her eyes.

"Hey! What are you guys doing…aren't you all police? "

Her voice slowly fell silent after she saw an officer trembly reaching toward a gun holster at his waist, but was stopped by the injured colleague.

"Don't do anything stupid… You said your son is turning five soon. Your family will be safe if you stay put."

"But you're.."

"I'm fine."

That police then unwillingly forced his head down again.

"Seeing your condition now, Pim must hurt so bad watching you from hell. Hehehe…but I can't waste my time having fun here anymore."

Undre kept his knife and walked towards the exit. His loathful laugh resounded throughout the place full of virtuous guardians who surrendered to evil.

"Come back! Get back here!!"

Ravyn continued to pound on the steel frame as her blood ran down the bars.

"What an interesting person. Had witnessed all these things, but still have no fear or despair. "

The young man's drunken voice sounded from the side in the same cell. But Ravyn neglected it.

"Heartbreaking, isn't it? Despite doing such a bad thing, *hic* he still comfortably be at large. Whether it be strength, power, or authority, those people have them all. It's so *hic* absurd. Hahahaha "

Her co-inmate kept talking. Triggered by his laughter, Ravyn angrily yelled back.

"Is that supposed to be funny?!"

"It is. For someone who doesn't know how justice works, like you, being the bravest person here... "

The young man's voice suddenly became clearer.

"But to make something work, it also needs the proper way to take."

"So which way is that?"

The purple-haired girl asked, expecting nothing from the drunk. As expected, the answers she received didn't seem to have anything to do with the question.

"It's behind you."

Suddenly, there was a loud thud of strongly compressed air.

*Bang!*

Ravyn instinctively turned around to the source of the sound. It seems like a coincidence, but the young man beside her was not shocked by the noise and grinned as if seeing it coming.

Undre's figure, wrapped in black illegible characters, was sent flying into the confinement zone, floating past both inmates. This was followed by a man's polite tone of voice from the entrance.

" 'Lost Wisdom' user… A guy from Donkey again?"

The brows on his beautiful face furrowed in a small knot.

"This is getting more troublesome than I thought."

The person who just came in was chasing Undre with a futuristic-looking twin-gun engraved with the letter 'AB' on the casing.

*Bang!* *Bang!* * Pow!*

Fierce air projectiles are fired at Undre relentlessly. It's similar to what Ravyn's gun is capable of, but it's much quieter. But the slender figure used a knife coated with the black curse marks to timely deflect and dodge every shot. He attempted to counterattack but was unable to break through the rain of air bullets to approach the dual gunner. The impatient Undre spoke up.

"Quite impressive that the 'Airbursts' found me sooner than expected… But is it okay to waste your time with me?"

He spread his hand to the police officer whose arm was cut. Even with first aid, the condition of this massive blood loss, this officer could only last a few more minutes.

…Waiting for the ambulance from the nearest hospital would not save this policeman's life in time…

"Tsk," the double gun bearer lowered his weapons, and reluctantly let Undre pass by.

"Being a hero is a bit tiring, huh?"

The crook sneered and walked out of the station with an ecstatic expression. At once, the gunner, with a gentle voice, takes the severed arm and carries the wounded police on his back.

"Mr. Police, please bail those two people in today's jail. We will cover this fee as well as any damage you received today."

Before the cop around there opened the cage for two inmates, the drunken man who was confined with Ravyn spoke to the person who bailed him.

"You really are dependable, Erios."

"Please stop being my burden," replied the gunner.

He fired a pair of guns to the ground, to propel him and the wounded guy quickly out of the police station and jumped swiftly between the buildings to the district's hospital.

The man released with Ravyn answered the pending question and handed her a flyer.

"In a world where people are afraid to do what is right and evil is worshiped as untouchable. Alone, you might be powerless to change anything, but with this, all will be up to you. "

On that flyer's headline is written :

[Special International Crime Suppression Organization 'Airburst' (AB) is now open for applications.]

"That donkey will pay for it."

0