Ch 7 Monster
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*whish..*

A sound of a gentle breeze emanates from AB’s Airtech cannon.

"The wounded have already reached the hands of the doctors. The research department reported that the gas chromatography analysis will be conducted again in 5 minutes at the secondary lab with the level of sensitivity adjusted to the highest level… What a terrifying destructive power it held?"

Idorund, entitled "Airburst of Themeise," showed concern after the assistant’s building fire was extinguished.

" Good job, Idorund. Standby ensures the reparation team security there. Your current mission is in good hands, so rest assured."

The branch chief answered the Airburst before hanging up.

"Alright, let’s continue from where we left off. Head of Intelligence, Charles… What’s your explanation for letting both of your crews go out to the Airburst’s Knight-level (C) operation areas?!"

"It's my bad, Ms. Eugene. Who knew that a man who was just a Donkey’s expendable pawn would be such a threat?"

The goatee man replied in a modest manner as he wrapped the wound on his body.

…It’s clearly seen that he was intentionally manipulating our new kid. What are you planning this time, you old sly goat?…

The branch chief knew Charles was up to something. But, given that he never results in anything bad from his mischievous behavior, she decides to let it go.

"Sigh… And what about the threat you mention? Are you saying that the bomber poses a greater threat than the deadly bomb that nearly blew our entire storey down in a matter of seconds?"

"What if I told you, we are facing an undying suicide bomber? The enormous strength that had been cultivated over ten years of his work, combined with the art of Cylinesis, allowed him to control the cell cycle and achieve superhuman regeneration."

" Oh, that sounds like a monster in the form of a human to me."

"Monster… Indeed, but I wonder which one is more terrifying: the monster or the monster that creates the monster. "

######

5 years ago…

"My mother, please help my mother."

…I knelt and begged the doctor to help the woman in bed…

"A rare case like this… Are you sure the likes of you can afford it, Contractor Drew?"

The doctor replied indifferently.

" Are you crazy?! Talking like that with their families! We’re doctors!"

Another colleague who heard the inhumane speech walked in and reprimanded him.

"If you are unwilling to do it, fine. I’ll take this case."

"Thank you! Thank you. Thank you very much! I will definitely find the money to pay for the treatment as soon as possible!"

"Our hospital is not a foundation. There will be no treatment for people who have no money to pay. Understand? "

The director of the hospital directly spoke to me like this.

"But the doctor who took care of my mother’s case had promised to help me."

"Speaking of the ones whose work is not worth their wages.. He’s been fired already!"

"What?"

"Stop making a fuss here, If you don’t pay your medical bills up until this month, then take your mother to die in another place!"

"Plea…Please don’t do this to me. I’ll pay every penny I owe by tomorrow. Please."

"You better be quick. Do you know how many queuing rich patients are ready to replace your mother’s bed?"

…No matter how painful it is, it can’t be compared to a mother who’s fighting this dreadful disease. I need to be patient about it. There is no hospital in this area that can cure this disease other than here…

…I have to take on more work regardless of how hard it is, just so one day my mother will come back and get well. Everything is worth it…

"Old man, you don’t have to carry this with us."

"It’s fine. Back in my days, I carried bricks and mortar twice as heavy. Plus, if the work is done quickly, we can share the bonus. Isn't it good?"

…This time it is also not enough to cover the bill. Maybe it’s about time I considered selling the house and renting a cheap room…

"Old man!" "Owner!"

"Owner Drew!" "Old man!" "Boss!"

Drew’s subordinate workers came to the front of his house.

"Why are you guys all here so early this morning?"

"Take this first!"

All the workers handed a wad of cash to Drew.

"You can give it back to us after your mother has recovered."

One worker spoke for everyone who was there.

"You guys… I can't thank you guys enough for this."

The subordinate’s beloved leader bowed to them before he couldn’t hold back his tears. Drew, in his late 30s, cried like a baby in front of his workers, with gratitude.

"What's going on?…"

Drew rushed into the hospital with his savings and the money he had received from his subordinates. But what he found was a bed in front of the room with his mother writhing in agony, letting out her weak voice.

"Ouch.."

"Doctor! Nurse! What happened?! My mother can’t live in this state! Please help her!"

"How did you let this guy come and make such a noise in the hospital?"

The patient, who had no serious condition, opened the door from the room that Drew’s mother used to reside in and complained about the source of the disturbing sound.

"I’m sorry, sir, senator..Guard! Get this troublemaker out of our VIP patient’s sight."

The hospital director walked to take care of the VIP patient himself.

"You!... How could you treat a patient like this! Can’t you see that my mother is in a serious condition?!"

"How dare you spoil your manners in front of our senator! What a shoddy contractor! Quick! Put this dirty bastard out of the senator’s eyes."

…After that, I became so rampant that when I got back to my senses, I was in a special prison on charges that I did not commit…

…Why is it that I am wrong? Why do I have to lose everything?...

Drew kept on thinking in a narrow cage room. In the depths of despair, there was a voice that called out to him.

"Brother, if I say whatever dreams you have, I can make them come true. Will you come with me?"

######

At present, in front of the Themeise hospital...

"You won’t get the answer you are looking for, and you can’t stop us. Everything must end today."

Drew, whose eyes are filled with hatred, declares furiously and rushes at Ravyn. The purple-haired girl, knowing that there were still other participants in the movement, immediately requested Yu for reinforcement.

*fwoosh*

*swish!*

The punches and kicks that were aimed at the girl were so heavy that they screamed in the air with every attack. Ravyn could only dodge and parry while slowly approaching Drew to get him in her attack range. But the difference in physical capability was beyond her ability to handle it.

*Wham!*

The criminal’s straight fist hit the girl hard. Even though Ravyn had crossed her arms to protect her vital organs, the giant fist sent her back a few meters.

…My arms were completely numb. Is this the furthest I can go?...

*sigh…*

Ravyn, acknowledging the difference in power, sighed before picking up the pistol hidden in her shoe. The tip of her gun was pointed at the huge figure of a man that even a bomb couldn’t do anything to.

*bang!*

The first air bullet hit Drew’s chest. This destructive power, however, pales in comparison to the first time she fired at Undre. Hence, the attack made the tough man look down on what was petty against him.

"I’ve been told to be wary of those who use airsoft toys called 'Airburst.' But the wind is so faint…"

*bang*

The girl ignored Drew’s words and continued to pull the trigger.

"…it can’t…"

*bang!*

"…do anything…"

*bang* *bang!*

"Ow!"

It seemed that the repeated series of quick-fires was starting to damage that strong muscle.

*Bang* *Bang!* *Bang!* *BANG* *BANG!*

A rain of condensed-air bullets that is apparently not as intense as the first time Ravyn used it, but the rapid-fire that was able to fire continuously without reloading is giving Drew a hard time.

"This is so annoying!"

The big man groaned in frustration. But he couldn’t move due to the intense winds that smashed against him like a storm. The closer Ravyn approached, the more intense the shots fired at Drew. The girl’s target tries to grab her to stop the attack. But Ravyn, with a gun in her hand, moved around the target, shooting at him as if she was dancing. Drew’s attempts were unsuccessful as Ravyn chased and tumbled him over with the push of air bullets.

*SLAM!*

In order to seal off the movement of a man who seemed to be invincible, the girl shot the fallen Drew with compressed air, burying him part by part at an insane speed.

*BAM!* *CRASH!* *BANG!* *BANG!* …

Ravyn removes her finger from the trigger when she realizes that the target’s body was completely stuck lying on the ground.

"It’s time you told me about Donkey, muscled daddy."

 

0