Ch 27 Whispers of Lightning: Disgusting
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yu was facing off against Weiss in a hall surrounded by high-intensity energy source cabinets with various glowing colors from different creatures inside. At the center of the room, there is an energy core that is connected to every container and energy generator within this research center. Amidst the brightly shining room, Yu dashed towards Weiss, who at the same time teleported behind her.

*Rumble*

A roar of thunder rang out as Weiss drew up a hand gun and fired at the brown-haired girl’s back.

*crush**bang!*

Yu stabbed her elbow cloaked in golden aura backwards, smashing Weiss's armed hand and deflecting the firing direction. Weiss's finger bones were shattered and distorted like the pistol he was holding.

...The fractures reached up to my wrist. What a deadly art...

Weiss was shocked by the powerful attack that crushed both his weapon and his hand. He threw away a broken gun as the white static electricity started to run through his broken hand.

*bzzz* *bzzz*

At the same time, Yu off-balanced Weiss by kicking his leg and threw him to the ground beside her.

*thump!*

The projected memory from Weiss’s future seems to give him no advantage against Yu’s quick and sharp movements.

"Can't you please just listen to me for once?"

Yu asked as she sat on the fallen Weiss's chest and raised her golden fist, ready to finish the man in front of her.

"There's nothing I need to hear from one of those who conspired to kill my Prism family."

Weiss promptly projected the blood that remained on his tuxedo, spurting towards Yu. As Yu covered her face to protect it from those blood bullets, Weiss took the opportunity to teleport himself out, put on the 3-layer special alloy knuckles on his hands, and lunged back off the brown-haired girl.

*clash!* …

Yu's golden fist clashed with an iron-clad fist that radiated white lightning from the freak businessman. Then they exchanged fists continuously.

"I'm really sorry about your family. By the time that we were informed that Donkey had already infiltrated and was waiting for them in the official’s prison, it was too late.."

"That’s because you guys are just bunches of useless! That’s why I had to make those scum pay by myself!"

Yu tried to clear up Weiss’s misunderstanding and calm him down, but it didn't work.

*bash!*

With nutrients and hormones projecting on the molecular level within his injury at such a high rate, Weiss swung his newly healed hand, punching Yu even harder. But it didn't even irritate Yu's shin, which was raised up to receive the attack. The white-haired man continued to teleport to attack Yu, causing the flashing white and gold at each point of impact.

"I'm not going to risk letting you set Themeise on fire with your plan."

Yu roundhouse kicked Weiss, forcing him to defend with punches from both hands on his special knuckles.

*clash!*

Weiss then counter punched, but it couldn’t get through Yu's guard.

*bam!*

"Stop getting in my way, you useless runt! Whatever you do is just messing with me! Why?!"

He started to speed up his movements with fury.

*clash!* *bash!*

"It’s because of you acting like this, those foolish people around you will all die!.."

*Smash!*

Weiss, who was speaking one-sidedly, got Yu's golden knee stabbed into the tip of his chin and flew backward for quite a distance.

"We weren't close anymore. Don't cross the line."

The brown-haired girl radiated an immense concentration of golden aura.

######

In a research center's stairway leading up to the energy storage floor…

Ravyn was in a battered-looking state, crawling up the stairs one step at a time. Due to injury from Weiss's severe attack, the purple-haired girl's medicinal herb was only able to sustain her condition enough to allow a slight movement. However, behind her were a handful of armed guards lying unconscious along the way. One clumsy and powerless step caused the purple-haired girl to stumble over the stairs. But before Ravyn's face hit the ground, a young man's shoulder came to support her body. He cumbersomely grabbed Ravyn's arm and placed it over his tiny shoulder before she fell.

"As a big bro, I’ll forgive you for fooling me this time."

Kanji's cheeks were slightly puffed up.

"Big Bro Kanji? Why don't you escape and go get some help? Your persuasion didn’t work with those pro guards. How are you going to get out of here now that they are back at their positions? "

Ravyn asked Kanji, and made an effort to stand up straight by herself.

"Is that what you say to the guy who had to climb back up the drain with difficulty to help you? Anyway, I already told you that I would introduce you to my younger siblings during their term break. We all have to make it out of here together."

Kanji was acting cool and supported Ravyn, who was about to stumble again.

######

*rumble* *crack*…

A dense black cloud engulfed the area in the distant sky, white lightning flashed beneath the clouds, and an abnormally bright golden light erupted. Jae, who was on a special mission near the town of Lerson, could also see that unusual view from the rooftop of the building where he stood. His worried expression made Idorund, who tagged along, tease him.

"Your trainee accepted a King rank field mission, but you don't even seem to be interested in it. And as soon as Ravyn bumped into that mission, you happened to choose to help me here. What a coincidence."

"You’re right. It's just a coincidence."

Jae replied in a stuttering voice before jumping onto the balloon he had thrown in the direction before him. Seeing Jae's reaction, Idorund couldn't help but continue teasing him.

"If there's anything you want to tell her, just go to her and talk with her. Stop acting like a creepy stalker."

"Whoa whoa.. You're mistaken. I'm just worried because First Kiss is with her."

Jae's flustering now made Idorund laugh while flying side by side using the compressed air from his cannon.

"Hahaha.. All right, if you say so. But don't worry. You didn’t forget the reason you scouted Yu before, did you?"

Hearing Idorund’s words, Jae smiled and jumped onto the next balloon.

"That's right. How could I forget? At that time, she kicked your butt like you were her premium grade sandbag."

*pop!*

"Oh jeez! It's not funny!"

Idorund follows a man in a jacket.

*voomp!*

######

*Smash!* *Crack!* *Rumble!* *Bash!* …

The white lightning flashed against the golden atmosphere that enveloped the girl as they exchanged their relentless attacks while moving around the hall. The surrounding energy containers shook, and some were damaged by those strong impacts. Ravyn and Kanji, who had just arrived up here, were stunned by the sight before them.

"I didn't know Yu could do something like this."

Ravyn looked at the battle between Yu and Weiss without blinking.

"This is also my first time seeing her in that kind of state."

Kanji turned his head back and forth, following where the flashing impacts led.

"Does she really belong to the Assistant side?"

"Look who's talking."

Kanji sneered at the purple-haired girl who had put up quite an action scene right in front of him before.

After the battle between Yu and Weiss was in a tight situation for some time, it came to a turning point when Yu punched and delivered Weiss against the energy core, damaging it.

"No! Do you know what you've done?!.. No, this isn't good, no, no no, no!"

The energy core storage is leaked. Its panel showed the amount of accumulated energy was rapidly decreasing until about 10% was already gone within seconds. Weiss didn't let his years' worth of work go to waste and changed his plans. He pressed the red button beside the panel to initiate the charging process. The core then beams a tremendous amount of energy directly at Weiss.

"Arghh!!!!..."

*..zzzz-PANG!!* *..zzz-PANG!!*

*..zzzzz-PANG!!*...

White lightning relentlessly struck Weiss until his body was glowing white like a walking energy core. His surroundings flashed and sparked all around him. After the energy core became dull, everything near that energy body was being pushed away at once.

*zzz-* *BASH!!*

Instantaneously, the white figure disappeared and reappeared to smash Yu's back, causing her to fall unexpectedly.

...That’s so fast!...

Yu, who failed to notice the attack, felt like herself being hit by a truck before being repeatedly kicked into the tip of her chin until she passed out.

*B-B-B-B-BASHHH!!*

Weiss in energy form's attack was so fast that the striking sound had just followed after Yu had fainted.

"Hahahaha.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Incredible!"

Weiss raised his arms and looked down at his body, which was bleached with an intense white energy aura.

"..I can feel it. This is not even a perfect number, yet it gives this much power. It is as if I am omnipresent. Let me see what I can do with this."

*..zzzzzz-PANG!!*

*..zzzzzz-PANG!!*

Only two thunders sounded a few seconds apart. The man in the white figure returned with hundreds of Donkey soldiers' hearts in a large bag. They were beating, trying to recover the surrounding tissues before each of them eventually stopped one after another.

Weiss was excited by the superpower he had just experienced before bending down to look at Yu, who was lying on the floor.

"This is just the beginning of my divine retribution as a god. Did you see this? Fresh Donkey scoundrels' hearts straight from the Themeise. Can any of the Airbursts or the cops be able to do the same thing as I did? Absolutely not."

Weiss reached out to lift Yu's head, waking her up to look at his work.

"You're disgusting!"

Yu cursed him briefly. But it was enough to make Weiss's face twitch like a glitching energy statue.

"Hah!"

He pointed his energy-teeming arm at Yu, aiming to end her for speaking so bluntly.

*zzz-swish!!*

Weiss's energy-packed white hand's chop move missed the target.

"You heard her. Get your dirty hands away from Yu."

The purple-haired girl said after she came and carried Yu's body to the side, dodging Weiss’s killing blow.

 

0