Ch 32 Unyielding Pursuit: Apologize (1)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The No. 1 Rising Star trainee's eyes widened in awe at the AB Assistant's physical capabilities in front of him. However, Ravyn's smashing shin and Angus' kick, wrapped in a crimson aura that thrusted up in response, were separated by the sweet-faced man's two arms in the middle.

...Since when has this guy been here?...

Ravyn, too, was surprised to see that her ankle had been captured by Zamonte.

"Please calm down, miss."

Zamonte looked towards Ravyn, speaking in a tone trying to mediate.

"Let go."

Ravyn told Zamonte. Zamonte then slowly let go of both the leg of the purple-haired girl and Angus'.

"Oh, yeah, sure.. Well, this friend of mine is quite spoiled. Allow me to apologize on his behalf..."

"You aren't the one who should be saying that. And it's not something you get your hands broken over. Why must you go this far when we can just talk?!"

Ravyn interrupted Zamonte, staring at Angus.

"What an eyesore. Kid, do you like money that much? Here's your bandage fee."

Angus picked up a handful of banknotes from his briefcase and threw them on the floor. Ravyn was so furious that her veins were bulging in her face.

"Come on."

Zamonte, who volunteered to mediate, grabbed his own face. At this point, there were some trainees who were clearly displeased with Angus's actions, and also some who were offended by Ravyn’s stereotypically insulting words. While assessing each other, they attempted to keep each other from joining the conflicts.

"Thanks, you are so generous. These must be worth tens of thousands."

The wounded Kanji tried to end the mess he had caused, so he got himself out of Ravyn’s arm and started getting on the floor to collect banknotes with joy, as if all the pain had vanished upon receiving that money.

"Huh, pathetic."

Another insult to her friend from Angus caused Ravyn to tremble in anger, but Kanji held the girl’s hand to stop her.

"It's okay. This money is a lot more than the cost of my treatment. Think on the bright side, the money left could be my brothers and sisters’ additional allowance.."

Kanji's voice began to shake as he resisted the pain of his fractured and swollen fingers, but he continued to speak.

"..Plus, this wound is nothing. It may take some quality sleep and it will be gone after I wake up."

"But!"

Ravyn clenched her fist. With this obvious injury, there was no way Kanji could hide it from the daughter of the herbalist like Ravyn.

"Anyway, it’s my fault from the get go. If you're going to blame someone, blame me for being greedy. He even taught me a lesson and gave me money. I only see profit from this."

Kanji tried to convince Ravyn, but it even infuriated her more.

"Why would a scoundrel like this get to be an Airburst candidate? Say you're sorry now!!"

The purple-haired girl yelled and took another step closer to Angus.

"Bring it on, arrogant clerk."

Angus provoked Ravyn.

But at that moment, the huge deep voice of a perfectly plump man who clearly weighed over a hundred kilograms stopped them.

"Everybody freezes!"

Everyone in the hall ceased their movement when the AB Trainer, who had gone to the bathroom less than a minute ago, returned. He is an ex-Airburst who was sent from the Headquarters to take care of trainees from this project specifically. After asking about the situation from the Assistant from the Personnel Department and some of the trainees, this AB Trainer came to talk to Kanji and Ravyn.

"I'm Hoss, a specialized Airtech trainer dedicated to these AB Trainees and responsible for their actions while they are still in Themeise. I'm truly sorry that one of our trainees overdid it. And it would be great if you would just let this matter pass..."

*tsk*

Angus clicked his tongue in discontent.

"..Also, for your safety, Angus is the Ace of the 8 Rising Stars. I’d say that getting in trouble with him is definitely not a good idea."

"Who cares about that?"

Ravyn furrowed her brows as she gave Kanji first aid. Kanji then pulled on her sleeve, looked at her, and shook his head.

"Please, I have to protect my trainees. If you insist on further demand, we must report this dispute to the branch head. I don’t want to imagine what Mr. Kanji, who started everything, would have to face.

As well, if the quality AB Assistant that Mr. Idorund praised was injured, I would be very sad. So please leave."

Trainer Hoss bows to apologize in front of Kanji and Ravyn. The purple-haired girl stopped to think and found that doing anything more than this would only have negative consequences. She turned to Kanji and saw him nod. Ravyn, who had come to her senses, took a deep breath and sighed.

*Sigh*.. "Let's go to the infirmary, Kanji."

"Okie."

Both Kanji and Ravyn turned around to walk through the crowds of trainees out of AB Tower. Trainees that blocked each other and took any further action because of the recent incident got their points deducted. This resulted in the disqualification of those AB Trainees with insufficient minimum evaluation points to attend the Airburst Selection. On the broadcast side, today's AB Weekly rating is very high because the cameraman secretly pretends to turn off the camera but actually still shows all the events that happened. Overwhelming waves of criticism and support from the public went wild, despite many believing it was staged to entertain the audience.

######

In front of the Intelligence Department in the Hand of Devotion building before the end of the day shift today...

"What's this? Order of suspension for 2 weeks to review my behavior and the organization's rules? That Angus almost made Kanji cut off his fingers!"

Ravyn held up the notice paper that only Charles had used in the department and shouted out to him.

"Yes, you read it right. You've been working so hard lately that you've been getting yourself injured a lot. Consider it as a good time to take a break and get some good rests, will you?"

The goatee department head replied cheerfully.

"You still get your salary, but head Charles is going broke for the next three months. Including this month, our department came in first place by far for 6 months in a row when it comes to the records of being warned and deducting salary. Your skill in causing trouble wherever you go really doesn’t come by chance."

Zen and Leila spoke together.

"Why are you saying the same exact words as me?"

They both spoke the same way again. Then they stopped working and started pushing their hands against each other like children.

"Is this about what happened in the afternoon? I'm sorry, Mr. Charles."

Ravyn bowed to the goatee man.

"That's fine with me. About this time, I'm on your side. That’s why I got the pay cut, hahahaha.. The one you should really be concerned about was our young brother, Kanji, himself."

Charles said, with a grim expression on his face.

"What do you mean?"

Ravyn inquired, but Charles was reluctant to put in a word. The girl then crumpled the announcement paper in her hand before running away without waiting for an answer.

"Kanji!"

The purple-haired girl entered the infirmary but couldn't find Kanji. So she rushed to the finance department.

"Kanji!.."

"Hey, Ravyn? Hold on a sec. I was about to go see you right after work, but here you are. What's up?"

Seeing that Kanji was still safe, Ravyn was relieved. But an oddly nasal voice and the sight of a boy in a cast, slowly unloading his shelf with the other arm, made Ravyn feel that something was wrong.

"Where are you taking this stuff? Here, let me help you.."

Ravyn hadn't finished speaking when Kanji burst out crying. Ravyn understood immediately. Her wrath returned. Maybe a little more.

"That trainer said as if things would end there. Yet, this is going way too far."

Ravyn clenched her fists before she grabbed Kanji's cardboard box with her.

"Hold on, where are you going.. Ravyn?"

"I'm going to go talk to Eugene to find out about it."

The girl decided to have a talk with the branch head. Kanji then discouraged her.

"It's no use."

Ravyn ignored Kanji, walking to the branch chief's room and then blurting out this grievance.

"Ms. Eugene, why is it like this? This nonsense matter over a coin should’ve ended with a suspension like mine at most. Isn't Kanji the personnel since the establishment of the Operations Center? Is he just an expendable workforce to you?"

"I need you to calm down first, Ms. Ravyn."

The beautiful red-haired boss moved her hands in the air up and down slightly.

"Pardon my intrusion. Ms. Eugene, I find the dismissal of Kanji too much of a punishment for this trivial quarrel."

Ravyn continued in a quieter tone.

"I know, but the CCTV video recordings indicate that Kanji is a thief from his resisting letting go of the coin. This Airburst Selection was an international event and Angus' home country branch was not happy that his representative was cut off points. They pressured the headquarters until their proposal for the punishment was accepted... I'm sorry, I really can't do anything."

Eugene was so frustrated that she bit her lip and bled. But Ravyn neglected that and then ran out of the building. Little did she know that what was waiting for her outside would hit her right between the eyes.

"Halt, Ms. Ravyn. The AB International Committee has reviewed your field mission history and has decided to seize Airtech in your possession due to the Assistant's prohibition. Please hand me that gun."

Idorund issued an order to take First Kiss, the pistol, which is considered the property of the organization.

...Is this also the doing of Angus’ people? I am speechless!...

Ravyn again, clenched her fist and asked.

"What if I don't?"

"Please, I don't want to do this."

A man carrying an AB cannon on his shoulder seeks to convince Ravyn. But she didn't listen and rushed forward, hoping to tackle Idorund, who was only a few meters away. That left the Airburst with no choice.

*whoosh!!*

"I'm sorry. This is an order."

Idorund fired a takedown ammo that sent the wind whirling around Ravyn until she was unable to stand and ended up lying on the ground. He walked in and picked up an old-rose-colored pistol hidden under Ravyn's shoes. After he walked a few steps, Idorund sensed a hand grabbing his leg.

"Give me… my gun.. back.."

Ravyn strived to hold the Airburst back and crawled on her knees with a hassle. Although that shocked Idorund for a moment that Ravyn had not passed out, it was a meaningless resistance.

*Blargh!*

The purple-haired girl vomited violently from forcing her body, which had been spun by a takedown ammo, to move. Thereupon, she fell unconscious. Idorund hurriedly grabbed Ravyn to take her to the infirmary.

"This is the only way I won't have to arrest you. I'm so sorry."

 

0