Chapter 1:A Gloomy Day and the Magic Circle
166 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

・Morning, 7:30 AM, a certain house in modern-day Japan.

"Chi! Let's go to school!"

........

Why do you always come to pick me up so loudly in the morning like it's a given?

And seriously, that way of inviting, are you an elementary schooler?

I'm Saito Chie, known as Chie Saito, by the way.

My name comes from the reason that I should become a woman with the ability to perceive things as they are and discern the truth.

I'm a plain 17-year-old second-year high school student who attends a local school.

...It's getting sad saying it myself.

In this Japan, it's not particularly unusual, with hair that extends to the black shoulder blades and single-fold eyelids with black eyes.

My face is not beautiful, but it's not ugly either.

Just an average face.

I'm 165 cm tall, which is considered tall for a girl.

My hobbies include watching anime, reading manga, exploring fantasy mobile novels, playing games, and collecting replica swords.

By this point, you probably understand that I'm an otaku.

That being said, I don't collect figures or have any desire to cosplay.

I just enjoy them.

My special skill is survival.

I'm an indoor person, but it's because my parents and older brother love survival activities and often take me hiking as a result.

Thanks to that, my academic performance is average, but I have more confidence in my physical strength than the average person.

Such hobbies and special skills aside, I'm a plain high school girl compared to others.

However, I have a childhood friend who is not ordinary.

That person is...

"Chi!"

The owner of this voice calling me from beyond the entrance.

His name is Takasugi Yuusuke, same age as me.

He has short black hair, sharp eyes, and black irises.

His face is unbelievably beautiful, almost divine.

He maintains the top position in grades and has above-average athletic ability.

Although he doesn't belong to any clubs, he can excel at anything he sees once.

Frankly speaking, he's a monster.

He has a gentlemanly personality and is kind-hearted.

He is highly trusted by both males and females.

Before we knew it, he had formed a harem and even had a fan club at school, but he himself is completely oblivious, an insensitive guy.

He's like the protagonist of a realistic erotic game.

Just to be clear, I don't have a single ounce, not even a tiny bit of romantic feelings for him.

On the contrary, I'm fed up with him.

The reason will become clear immediately.

"Hey, hey, it's tough for you every morning dealing with that guy,"

My older brother, Masato, said from behind, looking sleepy in his pale blue pajamas.

Even though I'm his sister, I have to say, he's a handsome guy that doesn't feel like my own brother.

He has blonde hair and a tough-looking, delinquent-like appearance, but he's a kind first-year university student.

"He always causes trouble..."

I stood at the entrance wearing my hair in a ponytail, a navy long-sleeved sailor uniform, a skirt slightly above the knees, black knee-high socks, and brown loafers. I had a tired expression on my face.

"Ugh... I feel like I shouldn't leave the house right now."

"You're right. I looked out the window earlier, and he was with his usual cute group of five girls."

"Ugh..."

There's one more person this time...

I wonder what kind of idiotic girl it is this time?

That's one of the reasons.

He brings his harem squad and picks me up every morning.

"Ah, you're coming out! Chi!"

Yuusuke, wearing his school uniform neatly, said with a wonderful smile.

It's a refreshing smile that could definitely charm any girl. It's not the kind of face you'd expect to see with the sinister aura of a harem squad.

The first blow of melancholy... Going to school with my childhood friend and his harem squad.

"You're so slow!"

"What are you doing, huh?"

I'm being scolded early in the morning.

"Yuusuke-senpai, why are you with such a plain girl?"

A cute younger girl who seemed to be meeting Yuusuke for the first time said that.

You wouldn't normally say that to someone you just met, would you?

I'd like to see their parents' faces...

"Saki-chan, don't say things like that. Chi is my childhood friend."

"If Senpai says so, I'll endure it~"

Squeeze!

Saki clings to Yuusuke's right arm.

Seeing that, the girls from the harem squad say,

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Yu-kun is mine!"

They start competing for Yuusuke.

I really wish they would stop doing this in front of people's houses.

"Sigh... I can't deal with this anymore."

I leave them behind and start walking ahead.

If I stay with them, I'll be late.

"Ah~! Wait, Chi!"

"Well, then hurry up."

I say that as I walk.

"Chi!"

"What?"

"Good morning!"

"Yeah yeah, good morning~"

I reply to Yuusuke behind me with annoyance.

Feeling the painful stares from behind intensely.

  • At a certain high school -

Arriving at school while being completely surrounded by the noisy group behind me.

However, my melancholy deepens.

The second blow of melancholy... the stares and harassment from Yuusuke's fan club.

The moment I pass through the school gate, I feel unpleasant stares piercing through me.

The true identity of those stares is the hostile gaze of Yuusuke's fan club.

More than half of the female students in this school belong to Yuusuke's fan club, and the girls who came to school with him this morning are actually executive members of that club.

The girl named Saki must have been promoted to an executive position yesterday.

However, Yuusuke himself is incredibly oblivious and completely unaware of the existence of this club.

Naturally, he's also completely oblivious to the girls' affection for him.

Despite their obvious advances.

So, he doesn't mind their clinginess at all and just thinks of it as simple physical contact, which is utterly exasperating to me.

If we weren't childhood friends, I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

But for some reason, Yuusuke has always been following me around since we were young and interfering with everything.

And as a result, I'm being bullied by Yuusuke's fan club at this school.

That's why I always take my indoor shoes home.

Because I've had a school life where I never knew what would happen since elementary school, I don't leave any personal belongings at school.

Of course, Yuusuke is completely oblivious to this.

Thanks to the efforts of the fan club, it's cleverly hidden, and even the teachers are unaware of it.

Above all, there's no point in consulting with the main culprit.

Knowing him, he would undoubtedly say, "There's no way they would do such a thing. They're all good girls."

When I asked Yuusuke in the past to do something about the harem situation,

"Eh? I'm not creating a harem or anything. Besides, they're all good girls, so I'm sure you'll get along with them, Chi!"

He said that cheerfully.

He's incapable of doubting others and completely oblivious to his surroundings.

In fact, he doesn't even notice the enraptured gazes of his fans or the jealous stares from some male students.

I can't stand it anymore.

I enter the school building, change into my indoor shoes, put my loafers in the shoe bag, and head to the classroom.

And of course, Yuusuke continues to follow me during all that time.

Time passes, and it's after school.

Currently, unusually, Yuusuke and I are walking home together.

The harem members seem to have club activities and can't go home yet.

In reality, it's probably a gathering to discuss how to deal with me.

I've been called to suspicious places and nearly pushed down the stairs, enduring various forms of harassment thanks to my natural athleticism. But seriously, I want them to cut it out.

They have no idea about any of that.

Beside me, my childhood friend, the designated troublemaker, walks happily with a smile on his face.

"You seem happy..."

"Yeah, because it's been a while since I could spend time alone with Chi."

I just want to get home quickly!

"Hey, let's go to the café! I'll treat you to your favorite cheesecake, Chi!"

"I told you I don't want to... 'Fine, let's go!' Can't you listen to what I say? Don't pull my arm like that!"

Ignoring my reluctance, Yuusuke forcefully drags me into a nearby café.

Seriously, I want to go home!!

Furthermore, time passes, and we find ourselves in a deserted park.

I'm walking through the park with Yuusuke trailing behind.

The sun has almost set, so there's no sign of anyone in the park.

"You never hold back when it comes to me..."

"Eh? But Chi, you like the cheesecake at that café, right?"

"I do, but..."

I wanted to go home, you know!

"Well, isn't that fine? You never pay attention when I invite you to hang out."

"Because those harem members around you give me intimidating looks!"

"No, the harem isn't that big of a deal, you know?"

Yuusuke says it as if it's nothing.

It's even more infuriating because he genuinely means it.

"And besides, those girls are really good girls, you know?"

That's just wearing a facade!

Well, love-struck maidens are terrifying...

But I don't sympathize with them at all.

After all the harassment I've endured from them.

"Sigh... You're going to regret it someday."

"What's with that?"

I stop and turn to face Yuusuke without looking at him, lecturing him as usual.

It's probably useless to say it, but I can't help myself.

He seems to be saying something, but I don't pay attention.

"Whoa! I'm being dragged!"

"If you keep doing that, someday someone will stab you from behind. And even if that doesn't happen, 'Help, Chi!' You're not listening to my... words..."

Thinking he wasn't listening, I turn back to face Yuusuke.

What's with this scene?

Right beneath where Yuusuke is standing, a glowing magic circle-like thing has appeared.

No, without a doubt, it's a magic circle.

Yuusuke's lower body is completely buried in the magic circle, and he seems to have managed to move to the edge of the circle, desperately clinging on.

Watching that scene, I calmly analyze the situation.

Yuusuke, aren't you satisfied enough with being the protagonist of a romance simulation game (an adult one), now you're even experiencing being the protagonist of an isekai RPG?

"Yeah, but I had a feeling it would come to this someday..."

"Why are you accepting it on your own?! Hurry up and get out of there!"

Don't say something unreasonable.

As a woman, it's impossible for me to lift and pull up a guy who is tall, 175 cm, thin-looking but quite muscular. He's just too heavy.

And if I think about it carefully, wouldn't I be able to live peacefully if this guy wasn't around?

There would be no reason for the harem members or the female fans to bully me.

And it's clear as day that they're undoubtedly trying to summon Yuusuke as the hero.

He won't be treated badly.

Therefore, there's only one action I should take.

"Yuusuke."

"Chi, hurry!"

"Probably, this magic circle is for summoning a hero. It's great, you've been chosen to be the hero who will protect the people. Quietly go to the other world and save the people."

"Chi! What are you talking about?!"

Yuusuke says with a pale face, seemingly in despair.

Ignoring him, I turn my back.

"Well then, good luck, my childhood friend!"

I say with a smile.

With this, my peaceful days will come!

But in the next moment...

Gash!

"Huh?"

Suddenly, my legs were grabbed.

"If that's the case, Chi will go too!!"

Before I had time to process what was happening, I, along with Yuusuke, was forcefully pulled into the magic circle.

It seems that peace is not meant for me after all.

I really want to punch Yuusuke...

TO BE CONTINUED 

1