Chapter 38: The Advance of Godzilla
341 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The official rampage of Godzilla on the remaining cities was now beginning.

But before it started, Godzilla believed it necessary to do something first.

Have humans started evacuating?

As Godzilla, who had relieved itself from the poor heat dissipation state, observed the human radar, it saw the movement.

Tens of thousands of dots, tens of thousands of combat personnel, were evacuating Osaka through a fleet of heavy transport aircraft and a mobile base vehicle similar to the one it had encountered in Nagoya.

They took off from the airport, flying toward the East Asian region, carrying the remaining tens of thousands of ordinary soldiers and workers for a massive retreat.

The mobile base vehicle, moving at a speed no less than the transport aircraft above, headed northward toward the ocean, seemingly aiming to enter the sea.

The fleets of transport aircraft and the mobile base advanced toward East Asia, intending to leave the battlefield before Godzilla arrived in Osaka.

However, at this moment, Godzilla, who saw everything through the human radar, didn't intend to let them escape so easily.

It wouldn't allow humans to retreat so effortlessly.

A few hundred or a few thousand people were one thing, but now there were tens of thousands of them.

They couldn't be allowed to escape.

Thinking this, Godzilla, standing next to the burning ruins of Nagoya, gathered power in its feet and then explosively released it when it reached its limit!

Billions, tens of billions, even hundreds of billions or trillions of tons of instantaneous force shattered the earth beneath its feet. Godzilla shot up, just like it did a few dozen minutes ago, and once again sprinted at an extremely fast speed.

150 meters, 200 meters, 250 meters, 300 meters!

Godzilla's speed reached 300 meters per second, approaching the sound barrier once again, and then breaking through it.

Its enormous body generated a massive impact, and with each step breaking the sound barrier, the surroundings were transformed, forests and terrain completely devastated.

It was as if an entire squadron of bombers was continuously bombing along a route, obliterating everything along the way.

Earthquakes spread unrestrainedly across the land along with shockwaves, and a small hill obstructing Godzilla's path was directly flattened.

It was like a super bulldozer, effortlessly flattening the majority of obstacles in its path, with only a few mountain ranges able to evade.

Only those mountains that were taller and more magnificent than Godzilla managed to escape unscathed before its indiscriminate advance, avoiding being pierced through or flattened.

But even so, they became stepping stones for Godzilla's takeoff.

Yes, Godzilla took off.

Running at supersonic speed, Godzilla's two feet simultaneously stepped on the ridge. It exerted force beneath its feet, propelling itself with maximum power to a height several hundred meters higher than the mountain peak.

Its head touched the clouds, and after briefly feeling the touch of the white clouds, Godzilla lowered its head and unleashed its breath downward.

The ultimate light burst above the ground, and with the help of the propulsion force generated by its breath, Godzilla briefly "flew" through the air.

Of course, the momentum generated by the low-density breath alone was not enough to allow it to truly fly. Godzilla slightly slowed down its descent. After "jumping" a few kilometers in the air, it landed again.

"Boom!"

When it landed, the earth trembled, and Godzilla continued running forward after landing, intending to catch up with the human forces before they retreated from the Far East.

Godzilla was charging towards them.

"How... How is this possible? Godzilla suddenly accelerated and ran towards us at the outskirts of Nagoya! And the direction is... it's towards us! It's heading towards the retreating fleet of transport aircraft and mobile base vehicles!"

"H-How did it find us...!?"

Inside the retreating mobile base vehicle, the previously calm atmosphere was completely disrupted, and the observers were left speechless by the news of Godzilla's sudden acceleration.

Then, upon seeing the direction in which Godzilla was advancing, the minds of the majority present were thrown into complete chaos.

The posture of the rapidly approaching Godzilla was projected onto the large screen, and the observers anxiously shouted:

"Speed! Godzilla's speed is... 370 meters per second! It far exceeds our speed. It is predicted that we will enter Godzilla's range within ten minutes!"

On the large screen, Godzilla was currently rushing towards the retreating fleet of transport aircraft, with its speed far surpassing that of the aircraft and mobile base vehicles.

At its current speed, the transport aircraft and mobile base vehicles would soon be overtaken! Once that happened, their fate would be wiped out by a single breath attack.

There was no time to think about why Godzilla suddenly ran over, no time to consider how Godzilla had found them. Right now, the unexpected actions of Godzilla had completely disrupted the entire command system!

They had no idea what was happening or how to deal with it!

As Godzilla ran frantically, Sato, the commander of the operation, also displayed a perplexed expression on his face for the first time. Even when the operation had just failed, he only smiled helplessly instead of showing the bewildered look he had now.

Why did Godzilla know they were retreating? And how did it know their direction of retreat was here? Did it have some method of locating them, or was it just a coincidence?

Numerous questions filled Sato's mind as he pondered, but he couldn't find any answers.

No, now was not the time to contemplate these questions. They needed to escape first, deal with the questions later.

All those questions about Godzilla were secondary. The real main issue now was that if he couldn't make the right judgment, the entire evacuating fleet would be annihilated.

He should focus on these matters!

"Change direction, we won't return for now. Let the transport aircraft and mobile base vehicles head into the sea at the fastest speed. We will circle back from the sea, don't go upward anymore."

"Also, disperse the transport aircraft, go to different areas of the sea, don't let Godzilla catch up!"

Successfully redirecting his thoughts, Sato gave orders on how the transport aircraft fleet should retreat.

Then he stood up first and beckoned to several officers beside him, saying:

"Gentlemen, it's time for us to go."

Upon hearing these words, several senior officers turned pale. They clearly understood the implications of what Sato said and did.

"Gentlemen, there's little time left. If it's safe, we can come back. This is just a precaution."

Commander Sato urged the officers to rise, and he himself had already reached the doorway of the command room.

Meanwhile, Godzilla, approaching rapidly, also saw the outskirts of the Osaka metropolitan area and the small dots in the distant sky.

He began to prepare his breath.


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

5