Chapter 43: Love and Destruction
491 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The final battle, if only there was a bit more time.

In the Hokkaido City Hall, in the far eastern district, General Sato Kozo was issuing orders for the deployment of the frontline.

The installation sites of the drones, the ambush points for the tanks, the positions of every frontline personnel—every single detail was personally arranged by him.

He had been busy for several hours, ensuring that everyone was in their designated places. Sato Kozo finally heaved a sigh of relief, then picked up a cup of cold tea and reclined on his chair, sipping slowly.

Now, all that was left was to observe Godzilla's movements.

"[Godzilla can sense human activities]," he recalled while watching the satellite recordings of Godzilla's actions after its landing, taken from the helicopter during his evacuation. Sato had a vague feeling about it.

Somehow, Godzilla could perceive them. This was evident in its previous engagements with the human forces.

Upon careful examination of the satellite footage, one could notice this fact.

After the first atomic breath attack, Godzilla immediately began targeting several frontline command centers with no potential for exposure.

Furthermore, the trajectory of its atomic breath was always the shortest straight line between its head and the frontline command centers hidden behind mountain ridges.

Every time Godzilla targeted human gathering points with its atomic breath, it seemed to be guided as if by divine intervention, perfectly aligning with the shortest path.

Considering that Godzilla could detect their evacuation from over a hundred kilometers away, Sato came to a definitive conclusion: Godzilla could directly pinpoint the locations and movements of humans!

Moreover, if the humans' positions were within the range of its atomic breath, even in its concentrated form, Godzilla would always precisely and [directly] hit the areas where people were most densely packed.

This behavior was entirely different from its attacks on unmanned vehicles.

When dealing with tanks and other machinery, Godzilla merely covered them within the blast radius without "aiming" at them specifically, much like using a tank cannon capable of destroying buildings within a 20-meter radius to demolish a target.

When it came to tanks and similar objects, Godzilla only needed to fire the projectile within the 20-meter radius of the target.

However, when dealing with humans, Godzilla acted differently, always hitting the bulls-eye with its atomic breath.

This was Godzilla's only weakness.

By exploiting this weakness properly, it might be possible to stop Godzilla even with their current weaponry.

It was because of this possibility that Sato decided to make this final stand.

The final battle in the Far East.

The battle that carried the hopes of tens of thousands.

...

Godzilla advanced towards Hokkaido.

On its way, Godzilla revisited the various cities it had passed through when it came to Nagoya, thoroughly contaminating them with nuclear radiation.

Advancing across mountains and rivers, Godzilla walked from the darkness of sunset until the glimmer of dawn.

At the boundary where the distant ocean met the sky, the sun, that celestial body responsible for all life, light, and warmth in this world, slowly rose, casting the first rays of spring upon the land.

The selfless sun bestowed light and warmth upon the world, and Godzilla basked in this sunlight. Its silvery-blue body, still wet with dewdrops, reflected the rays, making it even more dazzling on this vast land.

This creature, a mix of iron blue and silver white, strode across the Far East's soil. In the sunlight, it shone brilliantly, like the noblest creation of nature, captivating everyone who laid eyes on it.

Its body was tall, robust, and fearless.

Its eyes were intelligent, serene, and brimming with wisdom.

It was mightier than countless beasts and wiser than a multitude of humans. As it walked on the Far East's land, every move it made exuded a sense of natural and primal beauty.

Godzilla savored the warm sunlight. It looked toward the sun on the horizon and strolled through the forest, letting out a gentle snore.

How long had it been since it stood on land, watching the sunrise by the sea?

As Godzilla pondered this, it occurred to him that he hadn't witnessed a full sunrise on land for a very long time. This was the first time in countless years that it observed such a sight on land.

How long had it been since it last saw a complete sunrise on land? Was it a hundred thousand years ago? Or perhaps millions of years ago?

Or could it be traced back to the time when the stars fell and the black clouds dispersed for the first time after the arrival of the heavenly bodies?

Long, long before the birth of humankind, Godzilla had submerged itself in the depths of the ocean and rarely ventured beyond the various trenches for an extended period.

This limited its exposure to the world above, and it only gained some knowledge of new developments in the world when communicating with other Titans and nature.

In fact, it wasn't just Godzilla; all ancient Titans behaved similarly.

They chose to seclude themselves in perilous and lifeless places. Only some of the youngest Titans freely roamed the land.

However, even these young Titans gradually concealed themselves due to the rise of humankind.

So, why did they do this? Why did they hide in remote corners of the world?

Suddenly, Godzilla thought of something and started to recall the reasons, tracing back countless years into the past.

Was it because of the birth of humankind?

Of course not; the history of ancient Titans hiding far preceded the birth of humans.

It couldn't be solely due to the activities of ancient humans either, as the Titans were only offered as sacrifices and left behind many relics in modern times.

Was it because of natural climate changes?

No, natural climate changes could not affect the activities of Titans. Moreover, it had been too long since that era, and any climate hindrances would have long vanished.

Then what was it?

At dawn, Godzilla pondered this question, and finally, it clicked.

So, that's it.

In the ancient era, after the fall of the heavenly bodies and the dispersal of the black clouds, the Titans engaged in a great war.

In that war, the Titans fought and battled each other, wreaking havoc on the land, sea, and sky.

Each Titan only cared about its own well-being and often clashed with other Titans.

Was it a few hundred times? A few thousand? Perhaps even tens of thousands? No, that underestimated the intensity of that battle.

It was a war that turned the entire planet into a scorching inferno, leading to the extinction of countless lives.

Though the intensity over a short period may not have been as strong as human nuclear wars, the Titans fought relentlessly, ultimately leaving the world in extreme heat.

Countless lives were extinguished, and the land became barren.

In such a situation, one Titan, who cherished other life forms, couldn't bear it any longer. It sought out its neighbor, the then-Godzilla, and together, they persuaded other Titans not to fight.

It was a long and arduous process.

However, in the end, under the jubilant chirping and the blue light in its mouth, everyone had to agree to its request. They would no longer devastate this world.

It loved this world. Whenever this world faced difficulties, it would be the first to step forward.

And this time, it was no exception.

In its natural memories, there was also that final wish, which did not involve destroying anyone.

Let this planet recover!

This was its wish, and today, the first step toward fulfilling it would be taken.

Godzilla was approaching Hokkaido!


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

5