Chapter 51: A Glimmer of Light
84 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[MEDIA=youtube]8OY2U4FbJHw[/MEDIA]

 


If they wanted to leave, then leave.

The cabin door opened, and people began leaving one after another.

Their flight backpacks had an automatic navigation system, and the fuel was sufficient to fly to cities in East Asia.

Of course, by now, most of the coastal cities in East Asia and Siberia had already been evacuated.

However, considering the possibility of some survivors still being left behind, their basic infrastructure was still functioning, allowing them to buy tickets and escape further inland.

That would be safe.

Dying meaninglessly was not what most people wanted. Now that those who were supposed to leave had left, Akiyama looked out at the world for a long time.

They had lost this battle against Godzilla. Was it really meaningful for him to sacrifice himself like this?

Even in his heart, such thoughts began to emerge. As the Minister of Emergency Management in Hokkaido, he participated in this to inflict harm on Godzilla.

He wanted revenge, but it shouldn't be just his side that died.

The enemy should not come out unscathed, this was not how it should be.

Yes, it shouldn't be like this. With his current goal, he should leave together with everyone, escape, and then plan for the long term.

Then why was he still here? Why was he staying?

He tightened his grip on his hand.

"Do I really want a reunion like this?"

"I'm sorry, I'm too exhausted without all of you. I'm sorry..."

In the end, he didn't leave and returned to the cabin.

"Are you sure you want to stay with me?"

A few others stayed as well, some had revealed their feelings during the night talk, while others were like Akiyama, not speaking up before.

"I came here to be a martyr. I won't leave..."

Only one person answered. The others remained silent; it seemed that everyone had their own struggles.

"I understand."

Akiyama didn't ask any further.

He walked into the cockpit and activated the transport plane's auto-navigation system, letting it fly towards Godzilla.

The transport plane took off, finally ascending into the crimson sky.

The others who stayed also entered the cockpit, looking out of the electronic screen window, lost in their own thoughts.

At the same time, a clear and melodious melody sounded from the cockpit.

It was playing music? It must be a contact issue caused by the impact, making the sound system start playing on its own.

Should he turn it off?

Akiyama was about to turn it off, but when the lyrics came, he stopped.

"Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?"

The first line of the lyrics was sung in a slightly hoarse voice, resonating within the clear, melodious, and mournful guitar melody.

"Would you feel the same if I saw you in heaven?"

The music echoed in the cockpit as the transport plane flew forward, carrying a poignant and sorrowful melody.

"I'll find my way, through night and day"

Following the navigation, the transport plane flew towards the snowy mountains, and Akiyama and the others in the cockpit watched the screen that projected the dot representing Godzilla, getting closer to it.

They were heading towards death.

"Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure."

Giant craters, melted ridges, and exploded peaks marked the traces of the battle between Godzilla and humanity, filling the world.

The transport plane descended closer to the ground, and the closer they got, the more they saw.

Akiyama saw military vehicles on the ruins of flat land and wings stuck in the ground. Who were the people who had been in those planes, participating in this war?

"Would you know my name."

Maybe someone's father or mother. Maybe someone's child or beloved.

No matter who they were before, they were all gone now.

"Have you begging please."

Though there were no bodies on the battlefield, one could still imagine the brutality of the fight.

People had joined the war one after another, hoping for a chance to defeat Godzilla.

A slim chance.

Humanity would not surrender.

"A thousand years of this unchanging snow mountain is revealing its true face today."

Its pitch-black rock face was exposed to the cold wind, half black and the other half vanished.

It had been hit by Godzilla's breath from the side, and half of it had collapsed.

Another "relic" caused by Godzilla.

The transport plane flew close to the mountain wall, and on their way, they saw numerous traces left by Godzilla.

Those traces were like something out of mythology, but now they were displayed in the real world by Godzilla.

Without a doubt, he was the king of destruction, the destroyer of all things.

And now, they were about to encounter this destroyer. The dot representing Godzilla and their dot were getting closer.

Just one more mountain peak to go around, and they would be able to see Godzilla.

Seeing it also meant the arrival of destruction and death.

Akiyama was not afraid of death, and neither were the people here.

They were all people seeking death, not only unafraid of it but also pursuing it.

Some wanted to use death to clear debts and give their families a new life.

Some wanted to earn honor through death and make their parents proud.

Some wanted to die in their homeland, even if there was no hope, they would challenge despair.

And finally, some feared loneliness and wanted to reunite.

"Beyond the door"

"There's peace I'm sure"

The screen retracted, the protective panel moved aside, and the front window of the transport plane was exposed.

After circling around this mountain peak and entering the gorge, Akiyama saw Godzilla, the beast among the mountains, for the first time through the window of the cockpit.

"And I know there'll be no more"

Akiyama looked at it, and it looked at him. It opened its mouth, and Akiyama also opened his mouth and shouted:

"Godzilla!!!!!!"

Then a bright light flashed.

"Tears in heaven"

The song ended, and people dispersed.

"Fire!"


PS: The song title is "Tears in Heaven."

If you want to see multiple chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than the one on the given link, you can go to my Patreon.

1