5
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah, you won't hear me whining about the physical aspect of the job. I've got enough stamina and strength to handle it. It's a chance to put my fitness to good use and get the job done. No complaints here, I'm ready to tackle whatever physical challenges come my way!

"Pub" Dorian panted after the last clamp was secured and nodded at the head researcher "You're coming, Doctor?"

"No, thank you for the offer, Mister Lia" It was polite to ask him, but the answer was always the same

"Arlik?" he nodded at the old man

"Me? Oh, it's past my bedtime, lad. I just wanted to see it flying" Arlik pointed at the machine

"It can't fly here, regulations. We can't do a field test within ten kilometres of a settlement" I clarified and glanced at our boss "Technically we shouldn't even start the engine"

"I won't tell, not a living soul" Arlik clapped his hands "But!"

Dorian shook his head and chuckled "Butt?"

Arlik ignored the invitation for a pun and followed "Take my apprentice. Blind One knows he needs to be around people his age from time to time"

This was a weird request. Well, not the request itself, but the revelation, we weren't aware Arlik had an apprentice, and we were here for three months already. On the other hand, if his apprentice is at least half as fun as he is, he's more than welcome, that was the thought I had at the moment.

The old man winced "Well… he's not. Not fun. Needs to go out more and socialize, I suppose" he sniffled "He's rather shy too if you'd be so kind to invite him to your gathering, he's outside waiting for me to finish my affairs"

Next

0