7
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, let's be practical here. A government grant is no small thing. It's a prestigious achievement that would undoubtedly add a shining accolade to my CV. The opportunity to secure funding for my research and have that recognition in my professional profile was a compelling reason to take on this project. It would open doors and validate my expertise in the eyes of future employers or collaborators. It's a strategic move, one that could pay off in the long run.

There was in fact, someone resting on the house's bench. Illuminated by the dim glow of oil lamps, it had an uncanny resemblance to a spindly-legged spider. Hunched over, elbows on knees, legs spread wide, the figure seemed deeply engrossed in whatever it held in its hand. We cautiously approached, expecting to meet the elusive apprentice, but the figure paid us no mind. Instead, it nonchalantly stashed away its mysterious object and crossed its arms, hiding its face under a hood and its hands in fingerless gloves. A slight shiver betrayed its discomfort in the cold.

"It's warmer inside, you know" I sat beside the figure, observing the visible breath leaving my mouth "If it's because of Arlik's sense of humour, I don't blame you"

"Dorian Lia" the surgeon extended his hand "And the charmer is Tyl of Goltorth). But friends call him"

"You have no fucking idea what my friends call me, Dorian" I snorted "My name is…"

0