Post-Season 1 Finale
301 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my few but dear readers.

As you can see, this is not a new chapter.

The next season of Dragonrage is expected to start in a few weeks. I will try to write a few chapters ahead to have a schedule for weekly posts.

But before you continue following this universe, I need you to understand a few things.

 

§ § § § § §

 

First, this is a Tale of Erdonya, a smaller story that is part of a larger narrative that I intend to write.

Another tale of Erdonya is "Adventurers of Castelmare," a story that is currently on hold and will be rewritten once I finish Dragonrage.

Speaking of the end of this series, it will likely conclude around Chapter 60, in its third season. However, this is a prediction, and I might extend it further.

In such a case, you may follow some of the Dragonrage characters in the other Tales of Erdonya.

There's also a possibility that I will post all the tales together here to avoid scattering the views.

§ § § § § §

Another important thing is the visualization I want you to have of the characters, especially their appearance.

As you may have noticed, there are some differences in the setting of this story compared to other fantasy and LitRPG settings and universes.

Unfortunately, I lack artistic skills to draw my characters.

To address this, I will borrow some art from movies and true artists (properly referenced, so please don't sue me, esteemed artists) and I will use one of the avatar creation tools from BAYDEWS.

 

§ § § § § §

Jean/Akalani (dragon form)

Firstly, Akalani/Jean is a wyvern and not a typical RPG dragon.

He looks like Smaug from the movie, but much smaller:

Source: Hobbit II 

The wings of wyverns have five digits plus a structure called "styliform," a pseudo-finger. The styliform of wyverns is used to craft weapons and staves.

Three digits form claws that allow wyverns to manipulate objects, and two digits along with the styliform form the wings.

Source: Hobbit II 

Another thing: wyverns' eyes do not have a vertical pupil, as they are fliers. Their eyes are like eagle eyes.

Source: https://www.relentlesspursuitofpurpose.com/eagle/

Vertical pupils are more common in crawling reptiles such as lizards, snakes and crocodiles, as well as mythological creatures such as Astral dragons.

Akalani's eyes look like an eagle's too. They are gray with round pupils. His elven form retains the same eyes.

The closest characterization to Akalani's appearance is from this marvelous fanart made by Devianart user Ganym0.

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/ganym0/art/Fantastic-Smaug-420564917

The only difference is size, as Akalani is still a young dragon.

 

§ § § § § §

Renxing

Renxing looks like the Spirit of the Kohaku River (Haku) from Spirited Away, but without whiskers  or ears and a less furry and more scaly appearance.

Source: Spirited Away

Source: Spirited Away

 

§ § § § § §

Korath

For Korath, the closest description is the art made by twitter user @arukanoda.

Source: @arukanoda https://twitter.com/arukanoda/status/1368756287035469825

Just swap the ice powers for lightning.

§ § § § § §

Ralkor

The inspiration for Ralkor is Glaurung from Lord of the Rings, as you can see him portrayed by Muto_Scapulari.

Source: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/52419352/

 

 

Here begin the atrocities committed by me at Baydews.

 

§ § § § § §

Farat

The portrait of the orc shaman turned out to be decent. However, he was a little older than shown. Around his late twenties and early thirties.

§ § § § § §

Sarak

The portrait of Farat's daughter, Sarak, turned out to be awful. I didn't like her outfit and her skin should be greener.

§ § § § § §

Kheldash

The only thing I would change about Kheldash is her skin tone. If I could, it would leave a more natural shade of red, like the hobgoblins from D&D.

§ § § § § §

Lady Ferin

The trows, like Lady Ferin below, were inspired by the Finntroll from Tormenta20 RPG  (I'll talk more about this rpg system below).

The trows, as you can see, are a mix of elves and trolls.

A finntroll and her slave troll:

Subtitle: "From underground, finntroll and their monsters rise to capture and enslave." Source: Tormenta20 Edição Jogo do Ano (Tormenta20 - Edition Game of Year). For more: https://jamboeditora.com.br/categoria/rpg/tormenta20-rpg/

 

Now, our boys.

§ § § § § §

Camilo / Lord Balmeroth

Camilo's design was inspired by a character of mine from Tomenta20 (T20). T20 is the biggest Brazilian RPG system.

Camilo's elf-cambion form is similar to his original human form. The only things that change are the horns, tattoos and ears. Besides the eyes that went from light brown to gold.

The only thing I would change about this portrait of Camilo would be his horns.

I would put it similar to the horns in the art I inspired my character from T20, made by twitter user @TerraTerrific (terraterrific.carrd.co).

This tiefling of TerraTerrific has horns that look like a crown. Simply stunning.

Source: https://twitter.com/terraterrific/status/857763209268408320

 

§ § § § § §

Jean/Akalani (elven form)

Akalani's elf form closely resembles his human form as well. The only differences are the ears and the color of his hair which changed from dark brown to copper red and the eyes which changed from blue to grey.

The main inspiration for Akalani/Jean was the Dragon King Sckhar, again, from the T20 RPG (please don't sue me Publisher Jambo).

King Sckhar in his draconic and elven forms. Source: Ameaças de Arton (Threats in Arton).

For more: https://jamboeditora.com.br/categoria/rpg/tormenta20-rpg/

 

§ § § § § §

 

 

I guess that's all for now.

If I remember anything else I will edit this chapter.

See you in the next few weeks and don't forget...

 

 

All Hail Dragonlord Akalani. May his breath scorch the world in a searing blaze.

 

14