Side Story 2- I, a wretched soul
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If present tense and First person Pov grates your nerves do not read. But do not skip it, it holds some? value in few? future conversations, albeit not directly. 

My feet tremble as I struggle to refrain from falling to my knees and bowing with my head lowered. I gaze upon a being so mystical that the waterfall cascading from the land into the sky seems plain in comparison.

The sight of this being is so enchanting that I lose myself completely, struggling to recall and failing miserably. Who am I? It does not matter. Seeing you makes me realize how unworthy and insignificant my ownership of this forest truly is.

Dishevelled and worn out, I gaze upon this being as my impending death draws near, yet the only thing I feel is relief. In this moment of gazing upon a creature so magnificent, I fail to comprehend what power death holds over me.

At this moment, I transcend mortal feelings. There is only reverence and nothing else. The significance of the war that ravages this land becomes alien to me as I bask in the ethereal mist that permeates the air around this being.

I continue to gaze upon it, and it acknowledges my presence, flattering my soul. I try to look away, not wanting to disturb or frighten this fleeting moment. Yet my entire being becomes still as it turns, and its shining eyes, unmatched by any jewel, meet mine.

I remain motionless, hoping that my wretched existence has not scared or tainted the purity of this ethereal being. It tilts its head, as if questioning why I have entered its domain.

I gulp, yet my voice remains trapped in my throat. It is suffocating, yet strangely liberating. To die while gazing upon this being means I have glimpsed heaven, and no hell can ever take that away from me. My wretched existence, forged from blood and bodies, surely repulses it as well.

My legs give way beneath me, and I fall to my knees. It does not flee from my sudden movement. Instead, it stands there, peering down at me. I remain immobile, holding my breath. Will it depart? The mere thought of this being leaving tightens my heart with a pang of sorrow.

"..." I attempt to speak, but my voice fails me.

The ethereal creature walks to my side, and I am at a loss for what to do. I remain still, not wanting to disturb it in any way. It stands before me for an eternity, studying me intently. I hold its gaze, finding solace within its eyes, like an oasis bringing peace to my fragmented soul.

Suddenly, the creature lifts its leg. Why? I wonder, my mind filling with dread and anticipation. Its hoof lightly taps my head. There is no force behind the action, but it startles me enough to make me fall onto my back. I feel warmth spreading throughout my entire being.

What have you done? My wretched body, engulfed in the flames of eternal hell, starts to feel cool and soothing. Tears stream down my face. Why? I do not understand.

I hear a rustling sound, and it brings me back from my reverie. The sky above is a vibrant blue, indicating that dusk has arrived since the moment I first gazed upon the ethereal creature. Perhaps a night has passed, or maybe several.

The passage of time holds no significance for me anymore.

I sit up, looking around, and there it is—the ethereal creature has returned to the same spot. Its gaze meets mine, and although my heart tightens with a mix of emotions, I am no longer a wretched soul. The soothing touch of its presence heals me.

"Thank you, thank you..." I whisper, tears streaming down my face, unable to contain my overwhelming gratitude. It feels as though I have returned to the embrace of my mother, away from the world that ravages me and brings pain at every step.

The creature nods its head with an unparalleled grace, as if acknowledging my heartfelt prayer. And then, with a swift jump, it vanishes into the depths of the ethereal forest.

My daughter asks what is the creature's name. There is none for none have seen it. I, though unworthy, gave a name to it. Enchantress of the Forest— Xi Shi, my mother's name.

Tears well up in my eyes as I reminisce about this unforgettable day.

Like every time, the paper I write becomes wet, and the ink smears all around.

- Life of Yin'an, Founder of Youling Sect, Chapter 12- I, A wretched soul.

0