Prologue
124 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello ma'am, Welcome to Mcdonalds, How may I help you today?" 

"How may I help you today? You may help me by telling me what the hell you have done with my little boy!" The old woman shouted. By her side was a "kid" who was promptly bawling his eyes out. This garnered the attention of the customers in the restaurant. Some ignored it, being quite used to things like these, while some pulled out their phones knowing that an altercation was about to start.

Great. Another fucking Karen.

Everyone knows them and everyone loves them. They are people who would go out of their way to make your life as miserable as possible simply because of nothing. Probably because they have nothing else to do in life but that.

See the "little boy" she was talking about (Not a little boy as he is a fully grown-ass man) came into the store an hour ago and asked for a cup so he could get water, which was fine to do but instead of getting the water he talked about, he instead tried to get some coca-cola. Right in front of me. Normally I wouldn't care about this as I wasn't paid enough to care but since it was right in front of me, I couldn't let that happen as I would probably be fired for letting someone steal.

I told him that I could see him stealing right in front of me and then just ran away, dropping the cup full of soda onto the floor. We had to then clean it up.

Now he came back with her mother, crying like a little kid, with his mother screaming at me. Things like this is just your average day of working at a shitty place like Mcdonald's where we have to deal with hoards of homeless people stealing, annoying ass teenagers pranking us every day, and Karens that make our day living hell. Of course, the managers don't care about it and tell us to just "deal with it" and to "not talk back" because customers are always "right".

"Is this how fast food places treat customers nowadays? By disrespecting them? Look at what you did to my poor little boy! If you don't apologize for this instant and give us a free meal, I will call the manager." She shouted, spitting all over my face.

"Not to be rude ma'am, but I don't know what you mean by "disrespecting" as I saw him trying to get free soda without paying," I replied in a calm tone.

" Stealing?? Do you dare say he tried to steal? My little boy? Let me talk to your manager right this instant!" She shouted again.

I was pissed. Not only did I have to clean up the mess this "little boy" made, but now I have to deal with the nagging of this fucking old lady in the morning. Nope, I was done. This was my last straw.

"You know what ma'am? I am very sorry and I apologize... for the inconvenience of me NOT GIVING A FUCK. You can shove my "disrespect" up your ass lady and I hope you're happy, as you made me realize... I fucking hate this job and I quit." I shouted back at her, throwing my employee hat to the ground and spitting on it. 

I then got my stuff out of the locket and silently walked away, leaving that cursed place.


Shit, maybe I made a mistake. Now realizing that quitting that job meant no money to help the family. How was I gonna tell them that I quit just because I couldn't control my anger? 

Just so you understand, my family is a little bit fucked up right now. My dad died from cancer a couple of years ago, leaving me, my sister, and my mother distraught. My dad was the main person who made money, so we struggled to make ends meet. We couldn't even afford a proper funeral for him and had to dig him up ourselves.

This forced Mom to start working two jobs, which meant we barely even see her anymore. This made me have to look out for her. I also started working so I could help her out which she declined saying I needed to enjoy my life but I didn't listen. I needed to help. And I just blew it for an old woman that wasn't even worth it.

I started to walk in an alleyway that was the closest to the grocery store as I had to buy dinner for my and me my sister.

"Dammit!" I shouted as I hit a wall in the alleyway. As I walked a homeless man was laying on the wall, who looked on the verge of starvation.

"Could you please spare some change, young man?" The homeless guy asked. "Sorry." I said "I don't have any money with me right now" I replied.

It was a lie, I did have money but I only have enough to buy dinner just for today.

As I walked passed him, I didn't realize him sneaking up on ready, just close enough to then attack.

He tackled me to the ground and knocked the wind out of my lungs, stunning me. He then took my money and phone from my pocket.

"All you had to do was give me the money kid, now you've forced my hand." He said.

"What the fu-" I said before he pulled out a knife and stabbed me. Again and again and again. 

He stabbed me 5 times before running away frantically. I could feel myself bleeding out onto the floor and tried to reach for my phone, only then to realize he had taken my phone.

Just like that, It only took one day for my life to be ruined as I died on the floor, bleeding out.


So how do you like the chapter? Was it good or was it boring? Was it too short or long? Were there any mistakes? Don't be afraid to comment about it and I appreciate any criticism.

 

 
5