ch 4 – Sunrise
146 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click on the picture to access the visual novel chapter on google slides:

 

Youtube version

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8RU628AT2fk/hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNACELwBSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLC-5_opXN6-3jW8xeyFqkchFk3EMg

BGM: Wandering Petal

 


separator.png

Chapter 4
Sunrise

Town Place
The appearance of the mage guild caused an uproar within the crowd.

Sovereign
?
“Don’t misunderstand me. I am only here to make sure that my precious little sister isn’t wrongfully punished.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Awww, you’re the best!”
Violet was touched enough to forgive all the bullying from her jealous big sisters.

Sovereign
?
“Considering the level of threat, it would be wise to send Violet back in the mage guild’s custody until she receives a fair trial.”

Crownbearer
???
“Of course, you can look forward the trial.”
He intended to punish the mage guild alongside Violet anyway.

The mages bowed and stepped down from the platform.

Crownbearer
???
“Now then, let’s return to our business.” He looked down on Violet.
The floating crystals of his staff glowed as he exerted his authority of Crownbearer.

Crownbearer
???
“Violet Ylenward is hereby stripped of her blessing. Umbrine Ylenward shall take over her duties and manage this queendom.” His words were met with the public’s cheers.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
‘Ah… Shit! I wish I could return back in time like in those novels.’
A swirling light wrapped her as her blessing seeped out. A strange sense of relief washed her over as she felt the weight of responsibility flying away.

The wisps of light converged towards the crown of jewels floating around the staff, as if the blessing nestled back to its rightful place.

Crownbearer
???
“Kuuuaah-! No! What is this?!”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
‘Huh?’
The queenbearer spat blood in a fit of cough, screaming some dramatic nonsense.

Crownbearer
???
“No… Save me! MAKE IT STOP!” His staff crashed on the ground as he doubled over. He threw his helmet away, scratching at his scalp as if something clung onto his mind.

Warlock
Umbrine Ylenward
“Sir?”
Umbrine jumped to his aid, but the Crownbearer wildly swung his body around.

His eyes rolled up while leaking bloody tears, and he collapsed in front of the shocked audience.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Ha! Serves you right, stuck-up bastard! Gyahahaha!”
She laughed hysterically at her boss’ misfortunes. The blessing returned to Violet.

Warlock
Umbrine Ylenward
“Take the Crownbearer to the castle! Arrest the mage guild! Take the prisoner back!”
Umbrine grabbed the ownerless staff and barked a series of orders.

Sovereign
?
“What do you think you are doing!? This has nothing to do with us!” The Ylenward sister cried in outrage as she wrestled with a human-form manticore guard.

In the midst of the chaos, the minotaur flung Violet over his shoulder like a potato sack and ran to the castle.

Violet expected to rot in jail.

Flying carriage
Instead, the sunrise greeted Violet with a blazing horizon.
It was the signal for the nocturnal denizens of the Dungeon to fall asleep. But for Violet, it felt like the dawn of a new life.

She ended up in a flying carriage with the minotaur. The latter even treated the bruises inflicted by the Crownbearer.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Where are we going? I thought I would be stripped of my rank.”

No response. The guard remained eerily passive as expected from a pawn.
It was disappointing to not know the identity of her benefactor, but she was safe now.

The carriage landed near a forest hut after half a day of flying.
The minotaur removed Violet’s restraints and unceremoniously threw her out of the carriage, along with a linen bag.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Bastard! Don’t handle your travel buddy like that!” She spat curses, but the uncaring carriage flew away.

Violet scanned her surrounding, and melted in tears at the sight of a familiar face.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Hi Violet! How are you? You had a hard time, right?”
The prettiest and nicest person to ever care for Violet welcomed her.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Lorely? Is that you?!” Tears pouring out, Violet pounced to the chest of her former maid.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“That’s right, let’s go get some cookies!”

Lorely picked up the bag that the minotaur threw and carried Violet to their future home, as her endless stream of tears showed no sign of stopping.

Witch Hut
Violet sobbed in Lorely’s arms, repeating apologies after apologies.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I’m sorry. I should have listened to you. I was bad. I won’t hurt people. I won’t do experiment on anyone-”

Lorely couldn’t hold it in anymore. She burst in tears, crying louder than Violet.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Noooo… *sniff* You were so young and hurt! It was my fault!”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Lorely!”
Violet felt moved once again, even if tears and snot streamed down on her head.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“It was the fault of those old leeches, always pressuring you and steering you on the wrong path.”

Lorely had served Violet since she was young, and knew that she had suffered a lot at the hands of the mage guild.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Oh them. I slaughtered them all when I was pissed off. Everything’s my fault…”

Sometimes, victims who faced hardship grew kinder than others to make sure that no one experienced their past difficulties. But that wasn’t Violet’s case.

She had grown apathetic to suffering. She would even brag about her hardships and go “back in my days…” at any opportunity.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“It’s true that I hurt everyone…”

But perhaps she wanted others to experience her pain so that she could connect through it.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“It’s alright now. I am always on your side.” She always treated Violet like a child, and felt responsible for her.

Too exhausted to argue, Violet fell asleep in Lorely’s comforting arms with a smile.

 

I GOT MY FIRST SUBSCRIBER SINCE I MADE A NEW LAUNCH WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Thank you for reading!

 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Ko-fi account: https://ko-fi.com/owotrucked

Substar: https://subscribestar.adult/owotrucked

The tiers are:
2.5$ for 1 advance chapter
5$ for 3 advance chapters
7.5$ for 6 advance chapters

4