ch 2 – Collateral Damage
220 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click on the picture to access the visual novel chapter on google slides:

Youtube version

 

Raw script

Chapter 2
Collateral Damage

Colossal swords, each of the size of a stronghold tower, floated over the battlefield.

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Supreme Earth Magic-”

Even Umbrine watched in awe, crushed by a sense of defeat and envy. How could an artificial warlock outperform a legitimate warlock by such absurd margin?

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Magic Arrow!”

Violet’s Servant
Harpy
“Isn’t a magic arrow supposed to be smaller?”
Why do you even call it arrow?
These things are swords!

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“And why are they aiming so close?”

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“RUUUUUUUN! OH MY FUCKING GOD! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!”

The harpy maid tackled Violet and Umbrine to take cover behind the golem’s hand.

The swords fell as if the gods of calamities had descended.

They cleaved rock, sand, and flesh indiscriminately.

Friends? Foes? It didn’t matter. Everyone flew and screamed until they crashed on sand and pebbles. Even the burly minotaurs were mere ragdolls swept in the wind.

The besieged Stronghold had vanished. In its place, rubbles riddled with swords remained.

The giant blade that ruined the battlefield scattered back into dust, leaving only a the torn landscape behind.

With her ear still ringing, Umbrine assessed the damages. She stammered incomplete sentences as the colors drained from her face.

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“It- Wha- Tha- This is- No, but-” Her eyes rolled up when she realized the state of her army, or lack thereof.

Violet’s Servant
Harpy
“HEEEEELP!”

Umbrine came back to her senses. She hurried towards the harpy, climbing the rubbles of the shattered golem that had protected them.

Violet was buried headfirst in the sand with her butt sticking out.
The handless harpy couldn’t pull her.

After some time, the three girls huddled together. They wore a haggard look directed at the starry sky, contemplating their life choices.

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“Are you sure you didn’t mean to cast Armageddon?”

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Armawhat? Is it in Earth school magic?”

Umbrine sighed at her confused sister.
Violet’s ignorance couldn’t be more sincere.

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“Ha… What am I going to do? This army was entrusted to me by another sovereign.” She sighed.

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Relax babe, I’ll cast Resurrection and fix everything.” She made a confident thumb up.

Somehow, Umbrine wasn’t reassured at all. In fact, it had the opposite effect to make her instincts desperately seek for a defensive cover, but she swallowed her words.

Violet waved her hands, conducting her butterflies of mana in an orchestra of light.

Flower buds grew from the ground, swallowing the corpses. In a blink of the eye, the desert turned into a flower field.

Then, balls of light descended upon the end of the ritual and bloomed each flower, which contained a resurrected body.

Violet’s Servant
Harpy
“Beautiful…”

Despite coming from a world with more advanced magic and technology, the harpy couldn’t help but marvel at Violet’s prowess.

Umbrine’s soldiers weren’t the only one to stand up one after the another. Stronghold’s soldiers and townspeople returned from death, only to discover that some of their comrades and loved ones didn’t make it.

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Uh-oh.”

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“What? The enemy? Don’t worry, they have lost the will to fight.”

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Not that.” She showed a system windows to her sister.

Violet’s glitchy system window popped up with a disturbing announcement.
Title Acquired
You acquired the title ‘Warcriminal’ by violating the Monarch Agreement to spare civilians.
Warcriminal
Title slot requirement: 1
Effect: Double the effects of all fear abilities and oppressive policies.

The resurrected eyewitnesses will forever spread your name as the slaughterer of Rocksedge.

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“There’s no way that one spell killed the entire town…” She facepalmed.

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Hehe~”
The title’s effect didn’t have explicit drawback, so she equipped it.

Control Test Warlock
Umbrine
“Don’t hehe, you moron. What are you gonna do? Obliterate a region whenever you cast a spell?”

Experimental Ersatz Warlock
Violet
“Ah, don’t worry! This misfire was a little accident. Surely, this won’t happen again! After all, I’m the best~”

Few years later
In a dungeon town, a crowd gathered around a wooden platform at the town place.

Public Arrest
A minotaur yanked Violet’s chains, dragging her onto the wooden platform.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Fuck.”
Public Arrest

End of chapter
Thanks for reading!

Author Notes
Torso and legs were rendered by an AI

Thank you for your support!
Owotrucked

[collapse]

 

 

Guys, I'm counting on you to tell me typos and mistakes. So don't hesitate to leave a comment lol!

If you're wondering if I'm still alive and the progress of the chapter production, you can pay a visit to my discord channel https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Thank you for reading!

 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Ko-fi account: https://ko-fi.com/owotrucked

Substar: https://subscribestar.adult/owotrucked

The tiers are:
2.5$ for 1 advance chapter
5$ for 3 advance chapters
7.5$ for 6 advance chapters

 

2