ch 5 – Settling Down
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click on the picture to access the visual novel chapter on google slides:

 

Youtube version

BGM:

 


separator.png

In the previous chapter… Violet escaped her punishment and reunited with Lorely in an isolated forest.

Chapter 5
Settling Down

Witch Hut
Lorely pranced back to her lovely home after a bountiful hunt. She proudly brought back dishes to die for after cooking outside.

She wanted a housewarming feast worthy of a sovereign for Violet, who arrived the previous day and fell asleep without eating.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
‘Kyaaaah♥! I can’t wait to see Violet enjoying my dishes!’
She hummed as she prepared the table.

It was still the dead of the night. Moonlight slipped through the cracks of the wood shutters to light the room.

It would take time before Violet adapted to the diurnal life of the surface, so she should have already woken up in the middle of the night.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Mistress?”
Lorely lit the candles, but the bed was empty and her roommate unseen.

She opened the wardrobe and found Violet huddling at the bottom, tucked with her clothes.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Is my wardrobe comfortable, mistress?” She carried her to the dining table. It was no use deciphering a sovereign’s paranoid and abnormal behavior.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Haha… Verily so.” She looked dazed and unable to process the recent events. Her mind wasn’t with Lorely, but in a vertiginous fall after losing everything overnight.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“I’m happy to hear that. This is a lovely place, isn’t it? No one has ever bothered me ever since I moved here.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
‘Let’s blow her mind away!’
She fed some wood to the fireplace. A warm light filled their home with a cozy mood along with the delicious smell of grilled meat.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“T-that’s true. It looked very nice from outside too!”
It wasn’t a truthful judgement because she had no time to take a good look when she first arrived. To make up for it, she put more care into observing her surroundings.

A twisting tree trunk stuck from the floor up to the ceiling near dining table. Although it took a lot of space, the house felt large enough.

All the furnitures were decorated with lovely tablecloths and small trinkets. A fluffy bear rug beckoned Violet to roll around to bask in the warmth of the blazing hearth.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Make yourself at home.” She walked up to Violet and hugged her from behind.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Thanks…” It was no use, her melancholy couldn’t win against Lorely’s smoothness. Violet blossomed into a smile.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Alright, let’s eat!” Her dearly anticipated moment came.

All Violet could see was Lorely’s blurry hand zipping around.
The harpy filled her plate and glass in the blink of an eye.
that’s a lot

At first, Violet’s knotted throat could only swallow tiny bits. But then, each bite unraveled the sorrow that tightened her heart.
sho good
very yum

That’s right, she wasn’t falling in endless abyss. She was sitting in a warm home, eating a delicious meal with her most precious friend. That was all that mattered.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Burrrp. Lorely, you’re the beeeest.” Violet giggled like a kid. The tipsy woman sprawled on bear carpet in front of the fireplace.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“But are you sure it’s okay? I don’t want to burden you.” She swirled the wine in her glass, but glanced at Lorely apprehensively.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“What are you saying? It’s all thanks to you that I can live like this every day.”
She sat next to Violet.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“You left my blessing alone even though I quit being your maid.”
She welcomed the chance to repay that debt came.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Yeah… I hoped you would come back someday or that another sovereign would override my blessing.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“I thought I would find another employer too, but it turned out that no one else wanted a rook bad at fighting, so I am really grateful to you!” She laughed awkwardly.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Haha, I spent a lot of money on strange stuff.” Violet made a self-deprecating smile. Her past self had no use for fighting power so she splurged her resources on luxury.

An unupgraded harpy trying to be a maid without hands was funny. For the trueborns, it was cathartic that a summoned person, who usually enjoyed high positions such as army commander, taking the lowly role of maid instead.

After her country experienced defeats and scarcity, the citizens directed their resentment towards symbols of opulence like the useless blessed maid. It was one of the reason that pushed Lorely to quit.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“It’s my turn to take care of you, and I won’t let go of you this time. So stay with me!” She pounced and hugged Violet.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“No! You will get in trouble if you stick with me.” She wrestled with Lorely, trying to avert her gaze.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Don’t say that… Tell me what happened to you, please!” Lorely desperately clung to Violet.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Alright,” she sighed.

Umbrine had betrayed Violet, cornering her into casting unstable magic in her territory and destroying beloved cities to protect herself. Civil unrest spread rampant so the Crownbearer stepped up.

Lorely tried to wrap her mind around Violet’s story.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“What? So you’re still a sovereign?”
Could Violet start a queendom from scratch? The possibility sounded nice to Lorely.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Don’t get your hopes up. I don’t have any resources to summon a town core and even if I did, I’ll never do it again!”

Her face distorted in disgust. She didn’t know what she would do going forward, but she would not work with ungrateful people again.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“You will need my help then. It doesn’t matter whether the mage guild or the crownbearer are after you, I will always be on your side.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“No! Why do you care so much? I’m a bad person! A wasteful idiot! I can only be a liability for you.” Her voice shook as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Lorely wanted to help Violet so badly, yet she kept being rejected. Where did the fierce and lively sovereign go? All that was left was a husk, a broken vessel that could not accept any feeling of love.

The harpy hag burst into tears, crying harder than Violet. Why won’t she accept her feelings?

Speechless, Violet awkwardly hugged Lorely. Was she the baddie?
She sat with Lorely and kept comforting her.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“I’m only here thanks to you, Violet. If you were any different, no one would have taken me in.” She blowed her nose after calming down.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Whoever calls you a liability not only denies you but also me. They can’t see your true value, but I love you!”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“To me, you’ll never be waste. You’re my precious friend. Nothing has worth without you. What’s the use of money if I can’t spend it? What’s the use of my cooking if I can’t feed you?”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I’m sorry… I was just worried about you, Lorely.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Then?” She stared at Violet with expectant eyes.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I will stay. I’ll do my best to make you happy.”
If she was honest, she wouldn’t survive a single night outside on her own anyway.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Yay!!”

Lorely kneeled and kissed Violet’s backhand.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“You won’t regret it, mistress!” Her beaming smile full of confidence melted Violet’s doubt, replacing it with fuzzy feelings instead.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“You won’t regret it either.” She squeezed Lorely’s hand. Just looking at her smile, it wasn’t a lie that Violet contributed to Lorely’s happiness.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Great! Let’s get you changed. You can’t stay in those prisoner rags forever!” She greedily looted her wardrobe. Her impure intents leaked out, physically manifesting as drool leaking from her obscene smile.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Eh?”
She must have made a mistake when she sensed danger.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I feel a draft behind…” She tried to cover as much skin as she could with the little cloth she was given.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
‘Wait, am I safe here?’ She remembered that harpies were an all-female looking species.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Sorry, harpy hags don’t need to cover their wings and tail after all.” She feigned concern for Violet, but she had no regrets about forcing her to wear what was basically a mere apron.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“No, but at least give me some underwears.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“I don’t wear any since I can just cover my things with feathers.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Haaa… Forget it.” Violet had enough playing along with Lorely, so she stole a random table cloth and wrapped herself.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“What about this bag? I thought you brought a change of clothes.”

The minotaur had left a linen bag alongside Violet, and it remained unopened so far.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I have no idea what it is about. That bastard just threw me out without a word!”

Lorely spilled its content on the table. Magical artifacts and gold coins came out. They looked like engraved shiny jewelry. A written note flew out from the bag.

The girls peered together at the mysterious text.

 

It's about 4 a.m. I'm staying up to draw that kind of shit for the advance chapters. I don't know what I am doing with my life.

t249.jpg

Thank you for reading~!

( °Д °;)trucked

 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Ko-fi account: https://ko-fi.com/owotrucked

Substar: https://subscribestar.adult/owotrucked

The tiers are:
2.5$ for 1 advance chapter
5$ for 3 advance chapters
7.5$ for 6 advance chapters

2