ch 8 – To the Underground
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Youtube version

 


separator.png

 

In the previous chapter, Violet fell sick and the doctor recommended her to seek help from an expert in a Dungeon town.

Chapter 8
To the Underground

WHO DO WE KIDNAP THIS TIME?!
It was early morning when the harpy squeezed her face into the gap of the window.

Witch Hut
Harpy Hag
Lorely
“There’s an apothecary who could treat Violet. But we can’t kidnap her because she lives in a Dungeon.”

Violet showed a hand drawn picture of Umbrine, but Lorely snatched it before the other harpies took it seriously.
KIDNAP THIS BITCH
lol!
At least, ask for a doctor!

Lorely’s friend
Harpy
“So uh… What are you going to do? Aren’t you sick?”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Meh- let’s just go back to sleep.”
She shrugged and headed to the corner.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Don’t say that. We’re going to the Dungeon and meet the apothecary.”
She hugged Violet from behind, taking her freedom in hostage in exchange for her agreement to seek medical help.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Did you forget that blessed towns do tight inspection? I’ll get caught by the authorities!”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“We don’t need to step inside the town. We can request an appointment in the outskirt.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Besides, aren’t you running out of wine and books? Let’s go on a honeymoon~♥!”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Alright, honeymoon it is!”

Lorely’s friend
Harpy
“Me too, I want to go!”

The other harpies flocked around, interested in a touristic adventure.

Lorely’s friend
Harpy hag
“Take the young ones with you. It will be a wonderful experience as they have never seen a Dungeon. I will keep your home safe in the meantime.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Does keeping in check those crazy chicks count as a wonderful experience?”

Lorely’s friend
Harpy hag
“Don’t worry, they are obedient to Lorely.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Leave it to me. The more, the merrier!”

Forest
The group of harpies took off. Lorely carried Violet in her arms, and they traveled without a hitch.

Underground Gateway
They continued their journey by foot, walking in the bottom of a chasm. It acted as the gateway between the ‘surface’ and the ‘underground’.

An intimidating tunnel at the bottom of the chasm led to the ‘underground’, a maze that connected the Dungeon to scattered resource locations.

People naturally gathered in this spot and formed a village, perhaps because the transition between different biomes offered valuable conveniences.

The way was lined up with stalls, and the locals lived in small holes dug out from the walls of the chasm.

There was no wasted space as these habitats were vertically stacked. The only issue was that climbing the makeshift scaffolds looked terrifying.

Such unnatural topography couldn’t happen without the blessing of the Dungeon to remodel the earth.

Garrison tower
Habitat (squatting)
Nest (squatting)
Underground gateway

Lorely’s friend
Harpy
“Look! What’s that?”

A horserider carrying a banner led a group of troglodytes. They emerged from the gateway, dragging wooden carts.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“That guy is an overlord, a hero of the Dungeon. They lead pawns and take care of small territories.”
Hierarchy of Blessings
Monarch
Crownbearer
Sovereign
Hero
Knight: native of Hekalys
Rook: summoned hero
Pawn

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“And those lizards are troglodyte pawns. They must be running around to collect resources.”
Hierarchy of Blessings
Monarch
Crownbearer
Sovereign
Hero
Pawn

Violet felt strange watching the pawns for the first time in a while. Everything should be hers, the greatest sovereign of all time. But for now, she decided to let it slide since collecting taxes was always a hassle.
Was the surface always so hot?

Lorely’s friend
Harpy
“Hmm… I wonder what’s the taste…” The harpies muttered in amazement at the new sights and their eyes glowed in curiosity.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Elpy, noooo!” Lorely chased after a harpy who walked up to troglodyte to bite him.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Let’s get snacks and explore deeper, girls!”
The harpies cheered and followed Violet.

 

Violet calls it Undeground, but I decided that people call it Underworld too, depending on where they come from.

Thanks you to my patrons:

Dubchee, Ginga, anons

 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Ko-fi account: https://ko-fi.com/owotrucked

Substar: https://subscribestar.adult/owotrucked

The tiers are:
2.5$ for 1 advance chapter
5$ for 3 advance chapters
7.5$ for 6 advance chapters

1