What a Mess
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little boy was looking at himself, his hand gripping on the very face he hates. He wondered if he was the reason his family was messed up, the reason his childhood friends stopped hanging out with him, the reason his class always performed so low in every event.

No, it was definitely his fault!

The boy felt like the world knew he was a cancer to society, a no-good son who always brought troubles and an emotionless wreck towards his childhood friends.

His messy room was filled with all his memories thrown around, photos cut into pieces, trophies smashed, his drawings ripped into shreds. All of them reflected his ugly self, he knew!

Despite being only 10 years old, he was able to feel disgust towards him. His older sister wished he was never born, his mother refused to listen to a word from his mouth, his father was never there and always kept his distance. His childhood friends insulted him at every given moment, one even gloating her boyfriend's achievements and comparing him to trash. Even his classmates looked down at him, making sure he didn't cause trouble for the class.

"....I am an ugly piece of shit."

‘You are a stain of humans’

He still looked at the broken mirror, making it much worse as he could see multiples of himself.

why

why

Why

WHY

Ẃ̷̘͚̻̖͚͙̻̩̩̙̥̦̣̦̥͍̹̖̹̲̻͚̔ͅȞ̵̛͇̣̺̍͒̇̐̾̊̏̀̈́̑̃̚̚͝͝͠Y̵̡̢̡͍̹͖̩͈̟̻̻͖͚̫͕͍̍̀ͅ ̴̼̦̝̣̀̉̏̄͋́͒͂͋̆̔̈́̉̇͊̓̈́͘͝͝ͅͅW̶̡̟̞͊͂͛̀̅͐́̊̒̊̀͊Ė̵̬͈͕̺̱̙̙̫̭̼͎̹̠̺̯͎̟̀̃R̷̢̡̨͚͍͔͎͇̰̺͕̙̺̙̯͔̠͚̖͓̒͋̚͜ͅͅẸ̶̡̛͔̭͎̼̜̣̈́̈́͋͝͝ ̷̞͈̦͗͐͌Y̷̦͉͕̹̰͋͋̿̽͌́̈́̈́̀̚O̷̢̡̢͙̟͇̣̻̮̼̭̲̖̯̼̩͓̤̖̱͚̙̿̓͆̌̑̄̓̇̍́͌̈́̈̉̕͠U̵̢̧̧̜̰̺̤͚̳̩̰̻͉̮̬̳̯̹̰̎̀̄̽̾̀͆͌͋͐̐͝ͅͅ ̶̢̩̘̪̯̥̳͈̳͓̮͍͈̦̮̫͚̪̣͙͎̺̊̎̂͝B̷̡̻͙̰͈̘͓̳͍͕̹̹͠ͅǪ̵͎͔̮̗̲̹̜̯̬̖̗͍͉͇̩͒̾͜͜R̸͙͉͓̘͇͇̤̱͎̜̪͙̲͙̣͒̈̿͗͗̔̾̀͒̽̇̍́̕̚͝͝Ń̴̲̮̫̲͉̹̰͉̃̀̅͗̀͝

But the mirror never spoke, only looking back at him with the same hatred as he looked at it. He was broken, he knew he was never perfect so why was it so hard for him to live in this world?

 

He shouldn’t exist.

He shouldn’t be here.

The world was better off without him.

‘Leave the suffering of existing’

 

A blue decorated fountain pen sat neatly on the messy desk. It was a pairing gift that he got with his childhood friend and secret crush. He used to cherish it a lot… until he found out that she threw out her pink one right after she got a boyfriend. It was heartbreaking, finding out your feelings between each other fell so short.

The boy eyed the inky sharp tip of the pen and held it firmly. The floor was stained with little droplets of black, but he didn’t care. He just kept on looking at the broken mirror, slowly glancing towards his neck.

Hanging was a far easier option but he was afraid that his dying gasps for air might be loud and awaken his house. A knife would be quicker and swift but he couldn’t handle his mother’s gaze if he walked into the kitchen. This pen was all he had left, hopefully quick enough to not make any noise.

 

‘Ah, to think this pen would be the start of everything and the end of everything.’ 

‘Exactly, boy. You’re a plague to this world. You can rest and know you are no longer a burden to them.’

‘Thank you for reminding me. I’ll miss you.’

‘Hahaha, you wish you didn’t.’

He felt something was wrong with him, but he didn’t care. It was all going to end.

 

The boy looked at the mirror and slowly guided the sharp tip towards his neck. He held no fear, only relief. He didn’t care if it would hurt, just hoping that it would be quick and quiet.

The pen inched closer to the neck and left a little ink spot on the skin, preparing the target. He pulled it back, tightened his grip and stabbed into his neck.

.

.

.

The tip directly hit the artery, leaking like a broken faucet from the puncture. Blood flooded his throat, preventing his groans and coughs from being heard.

The boy collapsed into his pool of blood, dying his plain clothes red. He still stared at himself in the mirror, watching as his eyes slowly dimmed.

 

Riku Miyamora, aged 10, died that night.

 

“Kekekeke, what a delicious soul!”
A viscous, black goo seeped out of the boy, pulling a cracked and fragile diamond in the shape identical to the boy. It began to break down the delicious crystal, savouring each bite until there was nothing left.
“Kekeke. I should look for a new host.” The black goo detached itself from its previous body and started to gobble up everything that held a meaning to the boy. Even though they were ripped and beyond repair, their mere existence can serve as torture tools for the eaten soul, ‘Can’t wait to show off his ripped photos after his vision is unveiled. KEKEKEKE!!!!!’

 The black goo phased through the window leading outside, its laughter cackling in the night sky.

The body of Riku Miyamora laid on the stained carpet, lifeless and a tragic end for the lonely body.

 

Then, a finger flexed around, surveying its new surroundings
…The loose hose of blood halted with the puncture closed, the limp limbs began to reanimate before propping the main body to lean up. The dead eyes rolled around in its sockets as the arms tried to assist the body with sitting on the floor. The mouth, filled with blood, coughed and spewed the red bile out. The inhabitant licked around with their new tongue, cleaning any mess in the airway. 

The new body took its first breath and dark red eyes replaced the dull lifeless balls.

[NEGATE]

 

The wounds, scars and all internal bleeding were patched up effortlessly and a flawless body was reformed. Not much muscles could be displayed as a 10 year old body and the inhabitant was more concerned about his easy transmigration. 

 

“Alice, how come the transfer was so smooth?” the boy muttered with a coarse and tired voice, “The other times were way too troublesome and too many emotions used to clash. What happened this time?”
<THE PREVIOUS SOUL OF THIS BODY HAS BEEN ERASED AND OUR ARRIVAL WAS QUICK ENOUGH TO TAKE OVER THE DECEASED BODY BEFORE IT WAS CLAIMED BY THE GOD OF DEATH>
“Right, they have their own Gods as well. Is that Death weaker?”
<YES, BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY CONCEPTS>
“Pathetic ‘gods’. So, what should we do with this?”
<A CLEAN MIGHT BE IN NEED, CONSIDERING THE PREVIOUS HOST DID JUST DIE. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS TASK WHILE I SEEK FOR INFORMATION FROM THE MEMORIES>
“Whatever then…” the boy muttered as he started to conjure the shadow to manipulate to his will. It was dark, allowing easier control and started to shovel everything from the room into his [INVENTORY]. The bed was effortlessly lifted, the floor carpet cut apart with sharp shadows to remove traces of its stains, shelves emptied and folded. 

“That’s strange,” the boy was confused as he organised all the room’s belongings into a folder, “All study books, homeworks, classical furniture in a boy’s bedroom….No sports equipment? No comics? No arts and crafts? Not even a hobby? What has this boy been doing for his life?”
<NOTHING. HE RECENTLY DISPOSED OF HIS PERSONAL BELONGINGS DUE TO DEPRESSION AND IMMENSE MENTAL TRAUMA>
“What? Depression at such a young age? He’s like 10 years old? Is it the family causing all the problems?”
<PARTIALLY BUT NOT FULLY. THE FAMILY SITUATION WAS DIFFICULT FOR THE PREVIOUS HOST TO COMPREHEND FULLY AND BLAMED EVERYTHING ON HIMSELF. ACCORDING TO HIS MEMORIES; THE FATHER HOLES UP IN HIS DYING TOY COMPANY, THE MOTHER BASHES HIS NEGATIVES AND NEVER PRAISE HIS ACHIEVEMENTS  AND THE OLDER SISTER IS A TOUGH LOVER. HE ALSO ‘HAD’ A CHILDHOOD FRIEND GROUP BUT HE PARTED FROM THEM AFTER FINDING OUT HIS FRIEND CRUSH GOT TOGETHER WITH ANOTHER FRIEND>
“So, a tough family with no emotional support and a broken heart but would that warrant a suicide? I don’t detect the threshold of insanity on the body.”
<IT MIGHT BE THE [GLOOM] THAT HELPED PUSH THE PREVIOUS HOST OVER THE EDGE. IT AMPLIFIED THE EMOTIONS AND CORRUPTED HIS VISION TO BE DEMEANING>
“Ah, so that was the leftover Law I sense.”
<INDEED, WHAT IS OUR NEXT COURSE OF ACTION, CHIEF?>
“Staying in this household is a definite no, considering the boy did just kill himself. Avoid the suburb since he might be spotted by the stupid friend group or acquaintances, might have to go to another city or something. Tracing [GLOOM] might be the best option but we don’t have any leads nor do we know its capabilities.”
<SHOULD WE LEAVE TRACES OF OUR DISAPPEARANCE?>
“Maybe, I’m not too sure how this family actually feels for the previous host. Condescendence? But his vision was way too warped to get a clearer picture. If he’s gone, they might be glad but I’m not sure if the consequences might get bad. Either way, let’s just leave.”
<UNDERSTOOD>

Black viscous substance started to tangle around his body, forming a dark clothing that resembles uniforms from Jujutsu Kaisen. The original spikey white hair was only slightly altered to bangs and the pale skin was brightened to emulate a warmer temperature. Chief passed the settings to Alice-chan as he couldn’t be bothered manipulating the body to act ‘alive’ 24/7.

That’s right.

The body was already dead and Chief needed to [NEGATE] the decay effect on the body to actually use. This meant that he didn’t need to eat or sleep and could even stretch the limits of the human body. However, his experiments on a new body had to wait until Alice-chan collected all the information from the current world. 

 

After cleaning up the empty room, he used [DISTORTION] to silence his steps and hide his presence. Closing the door of the previous host’s room, Chief retrieved and smelted a little iron rod between the door mechanism to make it stuck and unopenable from both sides.

[DETECT]

‘Perfect. The father is not in the 3km radius. The mother is preoccupied with dinner preparations in the kitchen and the sister is in her room. Let’s head out.’ Chief thought as he silently walked to the front door, casting [SILENCE] to prevent any noises from opening the door.

 

“Goodbye”
And the silent house door shut for the last time for Riku Miyamora.

=============

=============

 

“Hana, can you help set up the table for dinner?”
“Coming, Mum! Let me pack something up real quick.”

A raven-haired girl finalised the last question in her maths homework before packing it away and placing a history book on her study table in preparation after dinner. As she was closing the window curtains, Hana spotted a mass of white swiftly shifting on the pitch black streets. It avoided the streetlamps and zoomed as fast as a bike, quickly reaching to the end of the streets where her window couldn’t offer any more view.

This prompted Hana to open her window and stick her head out to continue tracking the fast white object, only to be halted by her mum’s order.

“HANA! Are you coming down or not? Your Dad is already here!”
“Coming!” Hana shouted back and quickly closed her curtains.

‘I wonder what’s for dinner,’ Hana thought as she went down the stairs, ‘Maybe curry? Hope Mum makes it spicy…hmmm yummy.’

=============

=============

{Little Segment}

 

Chief was chilling in his cosy cottage, enjoying a cup of flat white and ignoring the chaos of honkai beasts ravaging their backyard. Ollie and T-Rex were having fun playing around with their food, especially T-Rex as they offered unique textures.


“Oi, Tuna!”
“WHAT CHIEF!”
“When are you bringing your date, Mei, over?”
“SHUT UP! WHEN DOES MY LOVE LIFE CONCERN YOU?!” Kiana (K-423) shouted from the kitchen, having the 6th cup of instant ramen as an evening snack.
“So I can move out and give this place to you four, if she wants to move in!”
“...” Kiana (K-423) was stunned by the sudden revelation if she was actually in a relationship.
“I’ll finally get a break! Imma beat Siegfried’s ass and at least a spank for that troublesome Cecilia.”

“Chief.”
“Yes, Kiana (original).” Chief looked at the white ball of fluff resting on his lap.
“Can you not hurt Mum and Dad?” Kiana (original) pouted in a pleading tone.
“...I’ll give your Mum a slap on the hand.”
“٩(๑`^´๑)۶”
“....Fine, I’ll leave your Dad 98% dead.”
“(  ̄^ ̄)”
“...Fine! You win! I’ll leave your Dad 90% dead.”
“Yay!” Kiana (original) cheered and hugged Chief, who instantly conjured an extra arm to grab the falling coffee.
“Be careful next time,” Chief sighed.
“Okay~” Kiana (original) whistled as she dug deeper into Chief’s embrace, which resulted in Chief’s head being blasted with numerous threats from Alice.

“Oh, I know!” Kiana (original) thought of a great idea,” I’ll forgive you for hurting Mum and Dad if you sign this!” she fiddled with her pockets before pulling a piece of paper and giving it to Chief.
Kiana (K-423) watching the scene, became alert upon the reveal of the paper and immediately dashed over, grabbed her sister and dragged her into their room.
“CHIEF! IGNORE WHAT SHE JUST SAID!” Kiana (K-423) shouted and slammed their door shut.

“Sis, come on! At least take into account the timing if you want to present a MARRIAGE FORM to CHIEF!” K-423 started to wrestle the paper out of her sister’s hand, who wouldn’t budge.
“Yeah yeah yeah, you are already aiming for Mei! I can have Chief then, and we can go on lovely honeymoons and visit picturesque tourist spots!” Original started to daydream her post-marriage life with Chief.
“No, you can’t have him!” (K-423)
“And what makes you say that?” (Original)
“Cause I want both Chief and Mei.” (K-423)
“....You greedy TUNA! Don’t you dare lump Chief into a harem!” Kiana immediately jumped on Kiana and started to wrestle themselves. 

 

“I wonder when they are done…” Chief muttered outside, eating a giant claw from one of the beasts outside. T-Rex reluctantly shared his meal, letting Chief experience the taste of chicken flavoured concrete with limestone textures.
“If you are so hesitant, why don’t you marry me?”
“Quiet, Sirin. I rather not have you get damaged by Kiana’s outrage and you have to recover again.”

Author’s Thoughts:
This….took a bit of my brain. Treat this novel as an outlet if I’m in a bad mood or need to change different ideas for my other main novels. This novel will still correlate to my previous works as a shared universe. First arc will be based on {The Girls Who Traumatized Me Keep Glancing at Me, but Alas, It’s Too Late WN} so do check it out while I get planning for this novel.

0