The Elite Gathering
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Igarashi Academy, renowned as a world-class institution, boasts a student body comprised only of the utmost elite from around the globe. It is a place where stars and world leaders' children converge, a melting pot of the privileged. Among this extraordinary group, there are those who stand out, destined to shape the world. 

The air was filled with the delicate fluttering of sakura petals, painting the scene in a wondrous shade of pink- a hopelessly romantic sight. Enter Kazumi Akamatsu, a prodigious 17-year-old student and the heiress of Akamatsu Industries International, a conglomerate dominating industries such as weaponry, microchips, and artificial intelligence. 

Kazumi as a prodigy achieves nothing less than the top spot nationally across all exams she takes, scoring no less than 100% each and every time. Her academic brilliance is only surpassed by her ethereal beauty. Standing at 5'4½, she possesses alluring red zircon eyes that captivate all who meet her, silky silver snow-like hair that cascades down to her waist, adorned with a black and blue butterfly hairpin. Finally, her flawless porcelain-like skin earns her the reputation of a world-class beauty. 

Such recognition has led the students of Igarashi Academy to affectionately refer to her as the "Princess of Igarashi" or "Princess Akamatsu." Even the teachers at the academy treat her like royalty. But Kazumi doesn't revel in this adulation for personal gain; instead, she uses her position as a role model to inspire those around her to strive for greatness. 

However, Kazumi has found herself caught in a predicament. 

She sat there under the cherry blossom trees upon a hill, granting her the perfect vantage point to observe her fellow students, among which two stood out from the rest. 

The first of which, is Yuki Kishimoto, the 17-year-old heir to Kishimoto Studios, an industry-leading studio known for producing top-tier entertainment in various forms, from movies to idols. Yuki is a male standing at 5'11 with enchanting amethyst-coloured eyes and silver-coloured hair that cascades down to his neck. Yuki is largely celebrated due to his exceptional acting skills. Unbeknownst to Yuki, Kazumi has recently come to develop a slight crush on him, her heart fluttering at his mere presence. 

The second of which, Tatsuya Hagihira, the 17-year-old heir to the Hagihira Corporation, creators of Hirato the largest social media platform, installed on 9 in 10 smartphones. Tatsuya has a tall and striking figure at 6'1, possessing short jet black hair and captivating golden eyes. His sleek demeanor and popularity has earned him the title of "Prince of Igarashi" or "Prince Hagihira." Tatsuya happens to harbour a romantic interest directed at Kazumi, Kazumi's father, eager to increase the conglomerate's influence, has seen potential in their union as the data from Hirato could be used to bolster their profits. 

Kazumi has found herself torn between her duty as the heiress of Akamatsu Industries and her own desires. Her father insists on a forced marriage, an arrangement that Kazumi has no attraction for, the mere thought of it pains her heart as her feelings for Yuki deepens. 

"Whatever shall I do...?" 

Kazumi whispered softly to herself, her voice carried away by the gentle breeze. This was the first time she had felt conflicted, her own desires diverging from her father's expectations, leaving her perplexed. 

Within moments, the figure of the very man that had been in her thought, Tatsuya Hagihira was now standing towering over the seated Kazumi. His sudden presence interrupted her peaceful contemplation, an intrusion that she rarely experienced. 

"To what pleasure do I owe this visit Hagihira-san?" 

Kazumi asked, her voice tinged with curiosity as she glazed up at Tatsuya. All while her thoughts of Yuki and her inner turmoil had to be momentarily pushed aside. 

Tatsuya's expression softened as he looked down at Kazumi, his golden eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions. 

'I couldn't resist the opportunity to spend a moment with my adorable bride-to-be' 

Tatsuya replied, his voice laced with a teasing tone that caught Kazumi off guard. 

Kazumi's face remained blank for a moment, her mind struggling to process Tatsuya's words. The statement had seemingly come out of nowhere, completely unexpected. 

However, as the realisation dawned on her, shock replaced the initial confusion. This was no tasteless joke; it was a reality, one that she simply couldn't ignore. Her father had a history of arranging marriages within their family to further his goals, and it thus seemed that her turn had come. 

"My father... he gave you permission, didn't he?" 

Kazumi's voice trembled with a mix of resignation and frustration. She had known deep down that this day was all but inevitable, but facing it head-on still stirred up a whirlwind of emotions within her. 

"If that's what has to be done for the sake of Akamatsu Industries... I shall do it." 

-It was from this moment that our story starts, a story full of complications of romance, school life and the burden of being an heir/heiress. Little did Kazumi know at this moment, Tatsuya is not the kind of person he presents himself as.- 

The End. 

-By SquidC4 

Author note: Hello! Thank you for reading the first chapter of my novel. I apologise if the chapter was short, but I aim to create longer chapters from here on. I hope you stick around to see what happens. 

2