Chapter 3: A Glimmer of Hope 
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: A Glimmer of Hope 

Kazumi's heart raced in circles as she contemplated the newfound connection that she shared with Yuki. Their encounter had sparked something of a glimmer of hope within her, however it also brought forth a sense of trepidation. She knew that by pursuing her feelings for Yuki, she would be met with heavy resistance by those around her, but the allure of love and freedom was too strong, it beckoned her to take a leap of faith. 

With a sense of renewed determination, she mustered up the courage to show her heartfelt appreciation to Yuki. 

"Yuki-san, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for your understanding and willingness to stand by me and hear things from my view." Kazumi tried her best, her voice trembling slightly. "To know that I am not alone in my way of thought, it gives me faith that perhaps not all of us are like him." 

Kazumi and Yuki both reluctantly had to part ways as the school day had ended and as the demands of their respective schedules beckoned them to be elsewhere. They exchanged one final smile and a promise for them to meet again soon, their hearts joint with a newfound connection. 

As Kazumi made her way back to her grandiose ancestral home, a stark contrast in her mind was immediately apparent. Yes, there was a recent uplift in her outlook due to the interaction with Yuki. Her large home was testement to her father and the very society she wanted to go against. Kazumi hadn't spoken to her father since before the incident where the marriage was revealed to her. Simply, Kazumi dreaded the very thought of seeing her father and having to interact with him, after all she was well aware that whatever he may say would almost definitely do nothing but displease her. The overwhelming weight of her circumstances threatened to engulf her once more. The elegant corridors echoed softly with her gentle footsteps, the opulence of the surroundings serving as a stark reminder of the cruelty of life that awaited her, a life to be dictated solely by duty and societal expectations. Despite the excessively luxurious exterior, the very building itself seemed to stand against her, to put an end to her hopes and dreams. With each step, she attempted to brace herself for the challenges that would surely lay ahead, determined to find a way to break free from the crushing chains of tradition and forge her own path. The solitude of her room welcomed her, providing a temporary refuge, free from the influence of the outside world. In the dimly lit space, Kazumi allowed herself a rare moment of vulnerability, after all, none entered her room without permission. She closed her eyes and let the events of the day wash over her, replaying Yuki's words of support and the soothing warmth of his smile in her mind. That she had to possess the strength to challenge the status quo; but as the weight of her reality settled upon her shoulders, a single tear escaped the corner of her eye and trickled down her cheek. It was a tear of frustration and longing, of the overwhelming emotions that threatened to fully consume her. 

She tried to hold back the crushing floodgate of tears, to maintain her composure in the face of adversity like she had been trained to do, like she had done all her life, but the dam broke, and the wave of tears came flowing forth. Each and every tear was a testament to her struggle, a silent declaration of her overpowering pain and yearning for a different path, one that she truly wanted. This was a sight to behold, Kazumi rarely cried, even as a young child she remained abnormally calm. If anything, this was a sign of humanity creeping back into her life, humanity that her father tried to remove from her. 

Kazumi sank to her knees, her body trembling under the weight of her conflicting emotions. She painstakingly clutched at her chest, trying to ease the ache within her. The confines of her room felt prison-like as her tears stained her delicate features. In that moment, she allowed herself to grieve for the life she had once envisioned, for the love that seemed so close yet so far. This didn't mean that she was giving up, but even with the help of Yuki, the future seemed bleak. 

As she slowly regained her composure, a slow, gentle knock resonated through the silence of her room. Kazumi's heart skipped a beat not knowing who to expect. Was it her father, there only to enforce his stance on the matter, she certainly hoped not, he was one of two men that she simply couldn't bare to see at the moment. She hastily wiped away the remnants of her tears. With a fragile voice, she called out, "Who is it?" 

The door slowly swung open, revealing Hiroto Sakurai, her dedicated personal attendant. His sharp, amber-colored eyes met hers with unwavering attentiveness, reflecting the concern he felt for her. Hiroto's appearance though sudden exuded a calm and composed aura, providing a sense of stability amidst her emotional turmoil. 

"Hiroto..." Kazumi's voice trailed off, a mix of genuine surprise and heartfelt relief evident in her tone. She hadn't expected him to be the one at the door, she had instead expected an unwelcome visit from her father. Instead, it was Hiroto, and his arrival brought about a comforting familiarity. Hiroto was always there, anticipating her needs and ensuring her comfort and safety. However, he had recently been absent, she had provided him with a time consuming task, but he finally had returned. 

Wordlessly, Hiroto slowly stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, creating a sanctuary of privacy. His tall, lean figure, clad in the distinguished Akamatsu Industries uniform, exuded an air of professionalism and dedication to his work. Kazumi admired his impeccable dedication and unwavering loyalty, traits that had earned him the role of her personal attendant. After all, more recently it had seemed as if Hiroto was more loyal to Kazumi then he was to Akamatsu Industries, meaning that if Kazumi were to order him to go against Akamatsu Industries then he would still do as asked. 

As Hiroto approached her, Kazumi could see the genuine concern etched on his face. There was an unspoken understanding between the two of them, a bond forged through many years of working closely together, having known each other since they were young children. His presence alone provided her solace and a sense of security. 

Without a word, Hiroto gently extended his hand towards Kazumi. It was a subtle gesture, but it carried a profound meaning. It was a heart-warming gesture of support, offering her a lifeline in her true time of need. Kazumi hesitated for a moment, then reached out and grasped Hiroto's hand, intertwining their fingers. 

In that sweet and simple act of connection, Kazumi felt a surge of strength and reassurance. Hiroto's presence was a constant reminder to her  that she didn't have to face her struggles alone. He had been by her side, attending to her every need, guiding her with his unwavering professionalism and loyalty for numerous years at this point. 

As their hands remained entwined, Hiroto's eyes conveyed a silent message of understanding and support. There was a larger depth to their relationship that surpassed the typical boundaries of their formal roles. He was more than just her personal attendant; he was her confidant, her pillar of strength. 

Together, they stood in the sanctuary of her room, the weight of the world, the weight of her dilemma momentarily lifted from Kazumi's shoulders. 

As Kazumi gazed into Hiroto's pure unwavering eyes, she knew that with him by her side, she had support that she desperately needed, someone that she could always rely on. The bond they shared, forged through trust and mutual respect, was one of few that Kazumi had formed and thus this meant a lot to her. 

The tears that had threatened to consume her, that had broke through her usual facade were replaced by a quiet resolve. With Hiroto at her side, she was more ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, knowing that she had a loyal and dedicated ally by her side and that she wasn't as alone as she had initially thought. 

Kazumi needed a plan, if she didn't want to end up the very same as all the nightmarish visions she'd been having then something had to be done. What she  already did was nothing, it was going to take a lot more than that if she was going to resist against the norms. She had an ally in Hiroto, one that she knew would never break her trust. She had an ally in Yuki, yet her own foolish pride and embarrassment would prevent her from relying on him too much. More allies would be needed, after all, Tatsuya may have been the key villain in her eyes, but she wasn't foolish, she knew that if she was going to rebel, plenty more would stand in her way. 

The End. 

-By SquidC4 

1