Chapter 2: Upgrade career attributes
661 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the tentacle monster's mind was scared, his movements didn't stop at all. It was like a college student who was still playing nervously with his phone when his exams were approaching.

Suddenly, the source of the sound appeared in the tentacle's field of vision.

It was a giant wolf, definitely over two metres long, with a dark, glossy fur. Beneath the fur was a gnarled mass of sinew and flesh, and its physique looked much thicker and stronger than that of a wild wolf on Earth.

In a word, this creature was definitely a few notches stronger than the wolves known to the tentacled monsters.

Looking at this dangerous beast, the tentacle finally stopped in his tracks. He just felt his brain go blank - if he still had a brain.

At this point he was not even in the mood for regret, fear had filled every inch of his mind.

After gorging himself, the giant wolf looked around warily to make sure there was no danger, and only then did he quickly leave.

Only the tentacle monster, still dazed in its place, was left behind.

After a long time, the tentacle monster slowly came back to his senses. A feeling of weakness surged through his entire body, causing him to collapse to the ground at once.

"It... didn't see me." He muttered.

He repeated the words over and over again, soothing his heart, which was still coiled with fear.

Suddenly, he realised the significance of the words.

"It didn't find me!"

That means, nowadays, tentacle monster doesn't have any odor.

At least, at a distance of about ten meters, the massive wolf just now couldn't smell it — unless it was too lazy to bother with tentacle monster.

This was a great joy and meant that he could ambush his prey through his own concealment.

Of course, the tentacle monster had things to do before he could start hunting.

He turned his attention to the remains left over from the giant wolf. There was a lot of meat left in this thing.

"Maybe carrion eating would be a good idea." he thought happily.

Two months later.

After struggling to strangle an accidentally caught rabbit, the tentacled monster heard a pleasant beep.

"Achievement completed: hunter I"

"Hunt 50 creatures of order 0, gain 10 achievement points"

"Unlock function: achievement"

At the same time, a wave of information poured into his mind, allowing him to instantly understand how to use the achievement system.

Unlike the energy that only piled up levels (this system didn't even show experience values), achievement points could be purchased in the achievement shop for various permanent gains, talent skills, extra attribute points, etc.

Of course, the cheapest items in the achievement shop cost 10 points.

Taking into account that despite having gained two levels, the tentacled monster remained so weak that it could only manage to catch rabbits and chickens for food, the tentacle monster didn't hesitate to spend his newly acquired achievement points.

At the moment he had a couple of options.

The first was to buy attributes, which would give him 20 free attribute points in one go.

The second was to buy skills, which were not as straightforward as the boost from buying attributes, but would enrich the means of combat.

The third was … to level up one's profession.

Leveling up one's profession could increase one's basic attributes by a few points and increase one's growth attribute by 1 point per level.

However, the tentacle monster was only Level 2, so choosing this profession would not give many attribute points.

However, there were many benefits to leveling up one's profession. Other than increasing one's own growth, one could also obtain a better profession in the future.

As for permanent gains, talents and other such things that sound exceptionally noble, the 10 achievement points in his hand are far from enough.

After careful consideration, the tentacled monster ultimately decided to go with the third option and upgrade its profession.

Although upgrading his profession is not as cost effective as buying attribute points directly, his current template is just too weak, and if he doesn't consider improving his growth, he will be a high level but weak loser later on at a later stage.

What's more, in the past two months, he had found that as long as he hid himself well enough, ordinary predators could not find him at all. Even if they did, they would often be too wary of his strange appearance to make a move.

It was the same on Earth in a previous life, where native species encountering strange invasive species would often be afraid to prey on them because they were not familiar enough with them.

All in all, as long as there are no special circumstances, basically his safety is no longer a problem. Therefore, there was also absolutely no need to rush to buy attributes.

"Are you sure about upgrading your occupation?"

"Yes!"

"Upgrade begins."

As soon as the system beeped, the tentacle monster felt a powerful warmth flow through his entire body. The feeling was warm and soothing, and he enjoyed it very much.

"Is this the sweet feeling of becoming stronger..."

The warmth soon disappeared and the tentacle monster smacked his lips. He had grown quite a bit in size now, and if he could only stuff a washbasin before, he could now stuff at least another quarter of a washbasin.

"How cool... I guess I'll have to find a way to save up more achievement points to upgrade a few more times." He thought freely as he opened his attribute bar.

Tentacle Monster

Level 2 Search Tentacle

Strength: 7

Agility: 16 (4 attribute points)

Toughness: 6

Body mass: 17

Perception: 13

Intellect: 6

Mental: 4

Will: 5

Total: 72

Racial talent: weak aphrodisiac secretion

Occupational Ability: None

Acquired Skills: None

Spells: None

With growth and base, the total number of attributes increased by 12 points. A weak aphrodisiac secretion ability is also added, which can be considered a huge boost.

However, this weak aphrodisiac secretion, as the tentacle monster understands it, can only increase libido during sex, and it would be naive to expect this thing to make people fallenen.

Judging by its effects, this item would be the kind that even street vendors wouldn't want to accept because its effectiveness is simply too weak.

However, regardless of that, the 12 attribute points are a tremendous improvement for the tentacled monster, considering it only had 60 attribute points previously. It's already worth celebrating with champagne.

With its excited emotions in check, the tentacled monster immediately pounced onto the rabbit it had strangled earlier and began to enjoy the sumptuous meal.

The specific process is too brutal to describe in detail.

Tip: The tentacle monster relies on in vitro digestion, but the digestive juices he secretes are so weakly acidic that they can only digest meat, not fur.

There are still many rabbit carcasses in the woods that have bones and fur but have been eaten empty inside.

 

21