Chapter Five-Part Three-Friday, June 13, 1979
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~~~

Steve Christy at the Diner

~~~

The cold weather at Crystal Lake wasn't over. 

President Jimmy Carter smiled on the color TV. 

'America is for the people. We will move on from the Vietnam War; we shall not pardon President Richard Nixon, like former President Ford did; we are honorable in our policies...and our Democratic way of life. Make no mistake, the scourge of Middle Eastern terrorism on the TWA airlines will be dealt with, and it isn't a hinderance for Americans who enjoy travel'.

And as the President smiled for the media cameras, everyone in the Southern city of Georgia, cheered, while the American flag flew outside the lush garden near the majestic White House. 

~~~

'Where's Steve?', Alice asked Bill. 

'Away, in town. He got side-tracked', Bill answered. 

'Was he?'. 

'Yes', Bill told Alice.

'How do you know?'.

'do know. Steve thinks Camp Crystal Lake is not haunted', Bill sighed. 

'Look, the weather is bad. Let's play Monopoly', Brenda said. 

'I hate Monopoly', Alice vented. 

'Not the way I play it. Strip Monopoly. You take off clothes, and boots. And you play to win', Brenda smiled. 

'You got to be kidding me. Where's Ned?'.

'He disappeared', Bill said.

'What do you mean by that?', asked Alice. 

'I'll call Sheriff Tierney', Brenda answered. 

Alice opened the cabin door. 

'Jack and Marcie will be drenched'. 

'They're in cabin 4 making out', Bill smirked. 

And he grinned, as Alice closed the cabin door.

~~~

Jack turned the light on in cabin 5.

He saw the lightning out of the window. 

He took off his green colored T-shirt. 

He made out with Marcie. 

After half an hour of passion on the bed, more thunder boomed. 

Upwards, the body of Ned was seen. 

His throat was slit, and the horror wasn't over at Camp Crystal Lake.

~~~

Brenda in her nightgown

~~~

Sheriff Earl Tierney, 63, was born in New York. 

He knew about World War II in Germany. He was known for his strict enforcement of the law, since he joined the Crystal Lake Police Department on July 4, 1956. The murders of Barry and Claudette, and the drowning of Jason Voorhees, in 1957, was in the Crystal Lake Gazette, the local newspaper. Over the decades, Sheriff Tierney, who got the top job in the hot summer of 1970, wasn't going to deal with freaks, teenage hippies in communes, and psychopaths who killed for pleasure. Or some killed because they were emotionally detached from reality. Tierney wasn't into psychological babble. He was sure the psychiatric wards were full to the brim by psychotics. And his wife, Doctor Irina Tierney, 59, was more interested in treatment for the insane herself. Sheriff Tierney saw Steve Christy. His jeep was out of gas. 'Good evening, Steve. Do you need a trip back to camp?'.

'Yes, sure. The gas is out. I'll get it towed in the morning from the Elston Gas Station'. 

Thunder boomed in the evening sky. 

~~~

'Okay, you owe me your right boot, Bill', Brenda smiled.

'How bad that is', Bill smirked. 

'Steve's late', Alice commented. 

'I know that...Alice', Brenda said.

'Don't be paranoid', Bill said.

'I'm not paranoid; I'm concerned', Alice sighed. 

'Oh, God! It's late. 8:00 PM. I'll be heading to bed. Goodnight, Bill. Alice. Jack and Marcie are fooling around'. Brenda grabbed a green colored gown. 

And left them alone.

~~~

'Today's Friday the 13th. A day where's there's more deaths, more rapes, more bad behavior, more bad karma, more people howling at the full moon, more supernatural events, like ghosts haunting homes. More of everything, you know Steve. Crazy Ralph was at the campgrounds...and told them they were doomed. A lot of the campers told me. And I asked Officer Dorf to reign him in. He's now in a jail cell', the Sheriff said. 

'Great! Just what I need to hear. Old Ralph's fire and brimstone sermons of religious banter'. 

The radio blared: 'Sheriff Tierney. There's a three-car accident off Miner Road. Four people are dead. Over'.

'This is Sheriff Tierney. I'll be dropping off Steve Christy at Camp Crystal Lake. ETA, fifteen minutes. Over'. 

The Sheriff didn't smile.

'Got to deal with the accident, Steve. Stay safe. Goodnight!'.

'Goodnight, Sheriff. Thanks for the ride. Goodbye!'.

And Steve got out...and trudged up the wet road towards Camp Crystal Lake.

~~~

Alice Hardy awakens

~~~

'Bill. I'm going to sleep', said Alice. 

'Sure. I'll manage the campgrounds. If, and it's a huge if, Ned comes back, or Steve, let me know. Okay'. 

'Okay, Bill. I love you', Alice smiled. 

'I love you too', Bill kissed her. 

And, as she slept on the grey seat in the small loungeroom, more thunder boomed in the night sky. 

~~~

Steve saw the Native American totem poles. 

Someone used a flashlight into his blue eyes. 

'Hello. Oh, hello, Pamela. What are you doing out here in this horrible weather?', Steve asked the killer. 

Mrs. Pamela Sue Voorhees, 49, stabbed Steve Christy in the chest three times with the hunting knife.

And the past memories of Jason Voorhees's alleged drowning in the summer of 1957, aged 11, was now raised by his deranged mother. And the horror of Friday the 13th wasn't over.

~~~

Page 6.

 

0