Panic at the Disco
525 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey... is that Nerd Parker?" a voice in the crowd whispered, drawing attention to a figure on the dance floor.

"Yeah, no doubt. Look who he's with, Gwen Stacy," another voice chimed in, the intrigue in their tone evident.

"Are they dating?" a third person asked, curiosity getting the better of them.

"Hmmm, he looks quite dashing without those horrible glasses," someone else commented, their gaze fixed on Peter Parker.

Amidst the chatter and music, Gwen and Peter moved gracefully, their slow dance captivating the room. Peter's arm wrapped around Gwen's waist, while she lightly rested her hand on his shoulder. They flowed along with the other couples, lost in the magic of the moment.

Peter's smile remained warm as he addressed Gwen, his eyes locked onto hers in a moment of shared intimacy.

"Miss Stacy, you've been rather quiet. Is something on your mind?"

Gwen's smile mirrored Peter's as she blinked into his hazel eyes, a reflection of her own ocean-blue gaze. Her response carried a hint of nostalgia, tinged with the weight of recent events.

"Not really. It's just that so much has happened this week. So many things. It's probably been the longest week of my life."

Peter's smile held a touch of sentiment as he joined her in reflection. It had indeed been a whirlwind week, from his transmigration to confronting Dr. Connors, and then the extraordinary events of "No Way Home," leading up to this very moment at the prom.

Dancing with Gwen felt like a precious pause in the chaos.

"Yeah, a lot has happened," he acknowledged, pausing briefly before sharing a hopeful revelation. "I believe I've managed to create the cure for George."

Gwen's eyes widened, a euphoric smile lighting up her face. "Really? That's amazing."

Peter, still smiling, shook his head playfully. He couldn't resist a touch of endearing teasing as he winked at her, affection evident in his voice.

"Anything for Sleeping Beauty, my Gummy Bear."

Gwen rolled her eyes in response, blushing slightly at the playful pet names. She bit her lip, trying to contain her laughter and the embarrassment of the moment, before finally responding,

"Sure, Mr. Netflix, sure."

Peter's surprise at her retort almost led to a misstep in their dance, but Gwen's laughter filled the moment as she closed her eyes, savoring the lightheartedness of the evening.

She couldn't help but smile as she soaked in the ambiance of the hall, relishing the atmosphere around them. Opening her eyes, she tightened her grip around Peter and spoke softly, her voice barely audible over the music.

"Thank you, Peter.... for everything."

Peter responded with a wry smile as he spoke sheepishly.

"You can always massage me to payback."

Gwen looked at him confused as she asked curiously.

"Why massage?"

Peter looked away, lampooning inwardly. 'For what else but the happy ending?' He chuckled lightly as he spoke.

"My back's been feeling a little sore these days."

Gwen was still confused but shrugged.

"Sure. Just tell me when."

The two of them continued to dance, their eyes locked in silent conversation, letting their gaze convey what words couldn't.

Gwen eventually broke the silence with a gentle whisper, "There's something I want to tell you. You might find it hard to believe, but..."

Her voice trailed off as a sudden unease overcame her. Every hair on her body stood on end, and her senses screamed at her. With widened eyes, she grabbed Peter and leaped into the air.

*BOOM!*

Peter, bewildered and alarmed, found himself in Gwen's firm embrace as they hovered above the dance floor, stuck to the ceiling. His gaze darted below, revealing chaos and destruction as students rushed to escape the hall.

*Tink...tink...tink...tink.*

A distinctive clinking noise caught Peter's attention. He quickly identified Halloween-themed bombs, starkly different from the Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs.

Gwen sprang into action, web-shooting from her device to grab and throw the bombs back towards their source.

*Boom! Boom! Boom!*

Though slightly late, Gwen's maneuver successfully diverted the explosions towards the bomber. As the dust settled, a sinister figure emerged from the flames, lunatic laughter echoing through the orange flickers.

Gwen glanced at Peter with urgency. "I need to save everyone. Will you help me?"

Peter nodded, determination in his eyes. "You don't need to ask. I'll handle this villain, you focus on the protecting."

Gwen wasted no time, swiftly changing into her Spider-Man attire and rushing to save those in danger.

Peter, meanwhile, turned away from Gwen. From his chest pocket, he retrieved a sleek napkin, waving it vigorously.

The fabric dissolved into countless nanobots that enveloped his entire body. In a matter of seconds, his prom attire transformed into a black trench coat layered over a stylish cashmere suit and a crisp shirt. Two AK-47s found their place in his hands, and a vendetta mask concealed his face.

"Higigigihahahahahahahaha!!!!" The maniacal laughter emanated from the emerging figure, whose appearance was akin to a twisted Santa's elf. His pale, greenish-yellow skin and hollow, fiery-red eyes screamed madness.

Another burst of lunatic laughter filled the air as the man pointed at Peter. Some of his burn wounds began to heal due to Gwen's earlier bomb throw.

Peter halted, an AK-47 resting casually against his shoulder. He asked nonchalantly, "Who are you, my dear?"

The creature's smile twisted as it reached its eyes. It glared at Peter, its whispers escalating into a manic scream. "Who am I...? Who am...I?- HAHAHAHAHAAHA! I am the Hobgoblin."

Peter couldn't resist a quip, "Really? Then I must be the Goblin Slayer."

The Hobgoblin paused, his laughter diminishing. He fixed a chilling gaze on Peter and asked with a maniacal smile, "Where is Peter Parker?"

Peter, masked and perplexed, couldn't fathom why someone was seeking him. He shrugged with a touch of resignation. "How would I know? I'm just your jolly ol' Mr. Ouroboros. Though I'd be curious to know, why are you looking for him, my dear?"

The Hobgoblin cackled with malevolence, his voice lowering as his red eyes gleamed ominously. "Revenge."

Peter raised an eyebrow behind his mask and pressed further. "Did this Peter fellow have an affair with your mother?"

The Hobgoblin shook his head, his sinister smile growing as he found himself enjoying the conversation. Mr. Ouroboros was polite and inquisitive, something that piqued the Hobgoblin's interest.

"Well, well. Even if you don't know, it doesn't matter. This conversation is being broadcast through every speaker in the school, and I have a clear message—for everyone, but especially for Peter Parker," the Hobgoblin whispered ominously.

"If you don't present yourself, Peter Parker, before me within four minutes and twenty seconds, then... your aunt and your uncle. Both of them will die."

~

Da stones.

32