Chapter 13
663 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys, give me a heart and comment if you can, might not to mean much to you but it means a lot to me, and it keeps me going. 

And if you can,  give my story a review so the new guys can understand what they are getting to

****

The Ancient Ruin trembled and fractured beneath the radiance of the resplendent Golden pillar. Its majestic edifices were reduced to mere remnants, akin to a feeble clay fortress. The eerie Undead enchantment that clung to its very essence dissipated into oblivion, surrendering to the overwhelming force of the Divine luminescence that pierced the sky, immolating all with its wrath.

And there I stood, perched upon a distant cliff, my gaze fixated on the destruction below me. It was one of the strongest attacks I could perform in this form—the Heavenly Pillar. It had the power to pierce the sky and shatter the ground, It was my A-class AOE skill. 

I had never imagined being able to wield it again.

"The Undead portal has been destroyed, and with it, the barrier is also gone," I said, stealing a glance at the towering figure of steel behind me. His emotions were hidden under the steel helm, no longer discernible in the physical realm. "Every single soul in that ruin has been set free," I announced. 

The Steel Knight gazed at the sky where the pillars outstretched, and though I couldn't see his face, I could sense the depth of his contemplation as his voice carried the weight of his heart. "I see," he muttered.

I nodded, turning back to face the ruins. "If I could, I would have tried to call her soul here, so you could have a final chat," I added

As a gesture of courtesy, I had attempted, but the multitude of souls trapped within the Ruins rendered it impossible to distinguish and separate a single one. They had rushed out in a torrent the moment the barrier fell, overwhelming any attempts to discern individual spirits. 

"It doesn't matter, Great Knight, though my heart aches to see her once more. What truly matters is her being free," Rython whispered, his voice trembling with the weight of longing and sorrow.

I gazed at the resplendent pillar, although one hour is already up, and I cannot use the power of the Holy Knight anymore the knowledge about Divinity was still there, I absorbed a small amount of Divine mana from the air and focused it on my eyes

It now infused with divine energy, could pierce through the veil of existence. I beheld the sight that mortal eyes are blinded to—a multitude of souls ascending towards the heavens, their ethereal glow gently fading as they departed from the mortal realm. 

"She is" I assured "You have my word". 

After a minute I sensed the presence of the steel giant behind me, prompting me to turn. There he stood, the magnificent colossus of metal, towering above me. His colossal sword pierced the earth before him, firmly gripped by both of his hands. With deliberate grace, he gracefully descended to one knee, humbly bowing his head. "Then My Lord," he declared, "You'll have my sword."

The shadows surrounding Rython crackled, and one by one, emerging from the cloak of darkness, the figures of the Undead steel knights materialized. Their fiery red eyes glowed within the hollow visors, fixed upon their leader. Answering Rython's call, they converged, kneeling in unison. The sound of metal against stone reverberated through the air as they knelt, Hundreds, thousands, a legion of knights all silently pledged their allegiance to their new Lord.

Unlike souls that were bound to Ruin, these steel soldiers were bound to Rython, souls of warriors that fought and died under his command, Raised themselves back after Rython ascended to Undead Great Knight, to stand by his side once more, to fulfill their duty beyond death. Now, they stood before me as an army of steel guardians. 

"We pledge to be your sword, pledge to be the bearer of your words, and be your wrath upon your enemies" Rython muttered, "We Pledge to be your side to the last man, my lord"

With a solemn nod, I accepted their pledge, "Rise-" Suddenly, my words were cut off as something approached me at breakneck speed, tearing through the air, leaving a golden trail behind it. 

Though my senses were caught onto it, I found myself unable to react with the swiftness I once possessed as a paragon of the Holy Knights. The strain on my physical form was palpable, a testament to the overwhelming power of the Holy Knight that surged within me even if it was for a mere hour, causing strains and aches throughout my body. While the injuries were not grave, they bore witness to the toll exacted on a body that was unaccustomed to such power. 

Amidst the discomfort, a wry chuckle escaped my lips, "Power so great that it destroys your body huh? Classic" I mused aloud, recognizing the timeless theme that transcended the boundaries of countless worlds. It was the embodiment of the universal principle that "power comes with a price." A notion as old as time itself, yet deceptively intricate to navigate. 

I know a few ways to deal with it. But right now. 

"Rython," I called out to my Knight lord.

The towering colossus moved with a velocity defying its colossal frame, standing before me with an imposing grandeur reminiscent of a mountain. Extending his massive hand, he deftly intercepted the streaking golden light, leaving behind an ephemeral trail of darkness as he siphoned away the divine enchantment woven into its very fabric.

As the black tendrils voraciously consumed the divine magic, the true nature of the object was unveiled.

"A spear?" I murmured, my gaze fixated upon the weapon now cradled within Rython's grasp. Tilting my shoulder ever so slightly, my eyes pierced through the distance, beholding the charred earth. Amidst the devastation, a figure stood, radiating an aura of purity. Clad in resplendent white armor that encased her form, cascading tendrils of golden tresses danced gracefully upon the currents of wind. She was attended by a retinue of knights, their armor gleaming as they remained steadfast in their vigil.

A command was issued, her hand directing their unwavering focus toward us. The knights, like an onrushing tempest, charged forth, their swift pace surpassing even that of the most spirited steeds.

Confusion gripped me, musing on the identity of our adversary. As no normal person can sense us or find us in this distance "A Paladin Lord, or a High Priestess? 

"Most likely a Paladin Lord, my liege," Rython replied, his words accompanied by the graceful twirling of the spear in his grasp. 

Nodding in comprehension, "Well, we don't have time to deal with this" I declared, pivoting on my heel and striding purposefully away, leaving Rython to confront the oncoming threat. 

"Give back their spear, we have a lot to do" I commanded, my voice laced with a gentle yet authoritative tone, halting my advance momentarily to cast a sidelong glance at Rython "Kindly of course " I added, Then walked with the steel legion behind me. 

"With utmost pleasure, my Lord," Rython responded, his voice resonating with a steadfast resolve. Brandishing the spear toward the charging paladins that dotted the expanse, imbuing it with dark tendrils he unleashed a powerful swing, propelling the weapon through the air with formidable might.

25