Chapter 5: Entering the Convent of the Holy Virgin
119 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack stood in front of the convent's doors and looked up in awe at the majestic gates of the convent.He couldn't help but marvel. 

He had never seen such a majestic building, and the whole gate was built delicately and majestically, giving people a strong shock. The whole gate, along with the high walls, was built of white jade stone, as if to symbolize the holiness of the convent. As for the architectural style, it was still like the old European style, but it was even more exquisite and shocking than what he had seen in the pictures before. 

 

In front of the gate, the nuns in charge of guarding the gate all wore veils and smiled softly. They explained to Kathleen that the young girls who came to be trainee nuns had to enter through the side door to find special reception staff. 

"I'm not entitled to walk through the front door? Hmph! I'm at least a prince, but I'm actually forced to use the side door ......"

Such words could only be thought of in Jack's mind; he had come here to avoid trouble, and there seemed to be no qualification to pick on. 

 

Now Adam's apple had disappeared, and his face was covered with a veil, covering his handsome neutral face. From his appearance alone, he was a tall, tall maiden. This was because the Great Magician had cast an illusion spell, making his appearance more like a woman. 

 

The abbey's majestic gates were empty, with only a few of them. The people on the distant avenue simply looked at the abbey from a distance, full of awe, not daring to approach at will, and some even knelt before it from a great distance, reverently worshipping on their knees, as if they were worshipping the goddess of life who protected the abbey. 

Catherine, whose face was also veiled, was now Jack's sister, escorting her pious sister to the convent of the Holy Virgin to practice. She wanted to come along to protect the prince, but the convent was not a place you could just enter. There was an age limit for nuns to join the convent, and no one over the age of eighteen was allowed in.And although she was still a virgin, she was clearly over twenty in appearance, which certainly did not hide her from the sharp-eyed old nuns. 

Even for Jack, many people spent a lot of resources to forge his identity for him, and pulled connections, and spent a lot of money to enter the monastery. His current identity is a young girl with an innocent family background. His name is Elsa, and he comes from the civic class.It was because of too much devotion to the Goddess of Life and a single-mindedness that she wanted to enter the convent of the Holy Virgin to practice. 

 

At the side entrance of the convent, it seemed much more lively, with many beautiful women, some in nuns' robes and some in lay women's dresses, who had come to send their daughters to the convent for monastic training. 

The faces of these women were a mixture of excitement, envy, delight and longing, while the faces of the young girls who had come as novices were full of devotion and joy, excited by the thought of being qualified to enter the convent of the Holy Virgin. 

 

"How pious they are! It's just a convent. It's not like they're going to heaven. Why are they so happy?" Jack muttered in his mind, staring at the faces of the maidens, gulping secretly and thinking, "It's not a beauty pageant, why are there so many beautiful women here? Well, if I can blend in, I'll be with so many beautiful girls later!" 

Kathleen took him by the hand and led him to the nuns in charge of the assessment. She took off her veil and said respectfully, "Hello, I have brought my sister." 

Kathleen gestured for him to take off his veil, and Jack did so hurriedly, revealing his handsome face. 

The two nuns in front of him, both great beauties in a thousand different ways, smiled as they surveyed his features and nodded, "Very good, decent-looking and eligible for admission to the convent." 

Katharine, delighted, led him in a salute to the nuns and followed the novices who had passed the test in front of them, together towards the side door. 

Behind them, a girl burst into tears and Jack turned his head to see that the girl had a black mole on her face and was therefore declared ineligible by the nuns who tested her and refused her request to enter the convent. 

 

Jack looked at the girl sympathetically and thought to himself, "How sad, can't you worship the Goddess of Life if you're not pretty? What unique requirements this convent has! As expected of a spiritual symbol of the kingdom, the number one convent for the Goddess of Life in the entire continent, it's actually so strict that even the novice nuns have to be very pure and beautiful to be allowed." 

 

The maidens he met at the door who wanted to become novice nuns were all beautiful, and those with slight defects in their appearance were politely refused entry. 

Among those beautiful girls, there were surprisingly a few pairs of beautiful, lovely twins. 

 

The nearest to Jack was a pair of chestnut-haired twins, with unusually beautiful, snowy skin, no more than seventeen or eighteen years old, but already full-breasted and sensual, making Jack's eyes glow and his mind fill with fantasies. 

As Jack and Catherine stood at the side door, the two nuns courteously asked Catherine to stay, as secular people were not allowed to enter the convent. 

Katharine stood at the door, fondly stroking his face and saying softly, "King ... sister Elsa, you will have to rely on yourself from now on, you must take care of your health, got it?" 

 

Jack nodded in agreement, saw the tears glisten in her eyes, bit his lip hard and turned to leave. 

Jack stood in the door and watched Katharine's lonely figure go away, suddenly understanding that he would have to spend his time inside these high walls from now on, and that he would have to rely on his own strength for everything in the future. 

*※※ 

The convent, located on the outskirts of the city, covers a vast area and is home to thousands of nuns within its high walls of white jade-like stone. Due to strict selection criteria, all of these thousands of nuns were as beautiful as celestials and extremely devout 

They range in age from seventeen or eighteen to fifty or sixty, with the largest number of teenage girls, because according to the regulations of the Saintess of Light, when she established this monastery, nuns in the monastery will be selected when they reach the age of twenty. Some nuns will be selected to serve in small and medium-sized monasteries throughout the Kingdom of St. Ann for higher positions such as head and deputy head of the monastery. 

 

Since then, nuns over the age of 20 will be assessed annually. The Holy Maiden Council will decide which nuns will leave and how many new young girls will be absorbed into the Holy Maiden Monastery to practice this year. As a result, the older the nuns, the fewer the number in the Holy Maiden Monastery, while the teenage girls occupy the absolute advantage. 

Every nun who was selected to become a Mother Superior in another convent left with tears in her eyes. 

The convent is not only a symbol of high honour, but it is also a place where the nuns maintain their youthful beauty, convinced that this is due to the fact that it is the closest place on earth to the goddess of life and that, because of her favour, the power of the goddess is everywhere in the convent, thus enabling them all to look beautiful forever. This is why the convent has become a legendary shrine with magical powers and is revered by all believers in the Goddess of Life. 

1