Prologue – Side A
103 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

----[Timeline: ?]
----[Universe ?]
----[? A.D.]

-Miss Ashford, the [Temporal Link] was correctly established on all individuals. With this, [The Cagliostro Project] has begun.

A stooped, grim-looking man who uses a cane to keep himself upright walks toward the dark-haired woman sitting with legs bent. She looks past the man, in the direction of a screen displaying a large amount of data on it.

We are situated in [Ashford Industries], the organisation that has taken it upon itself to save not only the world, but the entire [Multiverse], a concept that only a few decades ago was theorised.

Suddenly, however, a threat was posed to all of humanity. An unknown force sought to eradicate life in all universes at once.


[September 28, 20××: All universes collided and unified into a single timeline.]

Such an event not only raised the world's population to infinity, but killed thousands of trillions of people in the process. Those who survived, the vast majority of whom were geniuses in their own universes, quickly began to do research.

In the search for answers, humanity belatedly learned of the [Fifth Fundamental Force of the Universe] and the [First Primordial Element of the Multiverse], a residue of the derivation of all existing timelines. The [Prana].

It was the massive proliferation of such a compound (made up of dark matter and what is known in other universes as "Mana") that caused the timelines to become entangled with each other until they reached the present day.

Humanity quickly began to take lanes in the disadvantageous race against [Prana] to find a way to save each universe. As yet there is no idea what produced such a space-time anomaly, but it is theorised that it must be some entity that surpasses the previously held idea of [Omnipotence].

The purpose of [The Cagliostro Project] is, after each universe made a memo of its history up to that point, to select seven individuals who would bring back the most powerful [Entities] from the respective histories.

This was achieved by devising a machine from an abstract concept only seen in an ancient video game, which focuses on linking the individual's mind to an ancestor in their family tree.

However, there are no DNA samples of such individuals or even any descendants of them, so the research had to be reoriented.

It took about three years of joint effort to build a machine that could function from the [Prana]. This was done because [Prana] has a record of everything created in every universe, and in doing so, it took another year to decode the genetic code of the individuals in question.

After getting the DNA, it was implanted directly into a volunteer to genetically modify them to get someone as close to the target as possible.

After four years, where humanities of all worlds are beginning to perish from the excess of [Prana] in space, they had finally managed to reach the pinnacle of technology and with that, they sent the seven subjects who are going to save the world.

They are required to bring back to life:

1. Amadea Dionysus
2. Elise Redhart II
3. Manabu Tatsuda
4. Hedrick van Helsing
5. Niv

The other two are completely optional, but the ones who are top priority are Amadea and Manabu, given their borderline friction with the divinities of their universes.

And who is this story about...?

2