Chapter 3
62 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Setting Off

I awake to the sight of both Dratini and Gible sleeping next to me. Once again noting how my hair has managed to become an untamed mess, I wake up both of my little ones gently with a kiss on the head and begin to get ready to meet up with my companions at the gate to Route 4. Thinking that the trip could be a good chance to get some training for both of my pokemon, who have been growing more and more restless as of late, I decide to run the idea by both of them first, as I won't force them to battle when they are not in the mood to do so.

"Hey, what do you two think about getting some battles in on our way to Santalune Town? i know you two must be just waiting to blow off some steam while getting a bit of excercise." After asking them they both definitely like the sound of getting out and showing their stuff. as if to accentuate my point dragon pokemon are notorious for their rather intrusive instincts while young and with both of them somehow are still growing. As such, if they end up with too much pent-up energy, they start to get into trouble, and I'd rather not have either one of them start getting into any mischief.

"Ti Tiniii!" " Gabu ga gabu," as if I didn't even need to ask them both to give such energetic cries that I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Seeing them in such high spirits like this often makes me calm down since I find the city, while beautiful, a far cry from what I'm comfortable with for extended periods of time. Although that's how I've always been, while I love traveling, I can't stand being in a large city too much due to the sensory overload.

"Okay, okay!" I get it already; you two are excited to set out, but please remember to keep the neighbors in the other room in mind and not cause too much noise so early." i gently chide them so that they can calm down for a bit as we only have about an hour until we meet up with Trevor and Tierno. Making my way down to the lobby, I checkout, hand over the room key to the receptionist, and start making my way to South Boulivard's Gate 4. As I approach the gate, I see what can only be my companions, and just as the professor said, they really do stick out among the crowd.

"Hi, am I correct in assuming that you two are Trevor and Tierno?" I was told by Professor Sycamore that the three of us would be going towards Vaniville Town in order to deliver some Pokemon to new trainers. " I question the two boys, who both seem surprised by my sudden callout to them and turn to face me.

"H-HUH?!? Oh y-yes we are!" The orangette, now confirmed to be Trevor, stutters out. It seems as though he isn't all that used to striking up conversations with new people. Well, not that I can exactly blame him from what the professor said; he seems pretty dedicated to studies rather than being social, so it can't be helped—not that I'm blaming him, of course.

"Heya, I'm Tierno! It's nice to meet you, and as you've probably already guessed, this is Trevor. Sorry if he's on the shy side; he's always been like that when it comes to new people!" The rather chummy Tierno gives a rather high energy introduction while showing a few dance moves. "Haha, he truly would make a great dancer in the future!' I think to myself after seeing how light on his feet he is despite his larger physique.

"I see, that makes things much easier. Sorry for the late introduction, but I'm Saya, and I'll be traveling alongside you two for the foreseeable future. I hope we can get along well together." I offer them my sincere greetings while giving a slight bow, although it seems as though my actions are a bit lost to them. I guess Kalosians aren't overly familiar with these customs, so I'll need to keep that in mind. "Um, I'm sorry if my actions seem a little out of place; it's a custom where I'm from and admittedly a hard habit to stop."

"O-oh not at all it's just we haven't seen someone act quite like you around the main city." Trevor corrects me, 'Oh, so it's not completely foreign.' I catch myself thinking, "Anyway, let's not get too off topic; look, here comes the professor now."

as if on queue the professor strolls up to our group with a case that had two pokeball designs on the side. "Bonjour everyone! thanks for taking up this delivery i'm pretty swamped with work at the moment thanks to getting ready for the influx of new trainers that'll be registering soon so this is honestly a huge help to me truly." I'd originally thought that this was just him passing off work to young trainers, but it seems as though he's actually been terribly busy as of late.

"It's no problem at all, Professor Sycamore; just leave everything to us; we'll get these Pokemon to Vaniville in a flash!" Tierno yet again proves to be quite a child that's light on his feet or perhaps its more a case of deceptive looks? "Besides, it'll be a good opportunity to find a new partner for my dance routine, so I can't wait to see what Pokemon we will find out there!"

Seeing the boy so eager to set out on our short trip, the professor can't help but let out a hearty laugh. "Well, it's reassuring to see you so ready to set off for Tierno. Just make sure that you three take proper precautions when you make it past Santalune and avoid the deeper parts of the forest that the rangers haven't patrolled, understood?" He gives one last warning before passing the container with the Pokemon to Tierno to carry, which the boy handles with extra care.

After complying with his warning, we start making our way through the gate to head out to Route 4 proper. Stepping through the checkpoint, we're greeted by a landscape filled with well-maintained flower beds and hedge mazes. Seeing such beauty, I'm honestly taken with how peaceful it feels out here compared to the dull grays of the city. No offense to the locals, but I find the vividness out here far more suiting to me.

Making our way down the paved path, we come face to face with a massive fountain that depicts two horses shooting water high in the air into a clampearl's shell. Getting closer, we see a placard that reads 'Perle Fountain: acceptance creates harmony," clearly showing that the people are far more amicable than I had even given them credit for. I can't help but let a gentle smile grace my lips, elevating my mood further into the positive.

Turning away from the fountain, we begin walking down the road from the plaza. We begin talking about various topics, one of which happens to turn towards what Pokemon each of us uses. While we don't have any immediate need for it, I decide to introduce both of the little cuties that I'm accompanied by without much hesitation.

letting out both Dratini and Gible i introduce them both to my companions "these two are my partners and family! Dratini has been with me the longest, but Gible is only a year younger than her. " As you can probably figure out, I'm hoping to be a dragon master, so I'm always learning about how to take care of them." As I'm talking, Dratini takes her place by wrapping loosely around my neck and rubbing up against my cheek while Gible happily jumps into my arms.

"WOAH both of those are exceptionally rare pokemon to see let alone for them to be seen as someone's starter expectially with how tough dragons are to raise properly starting out yet these two seem perfectly behaved which shows just how much love and care you've given them!" Trevor, who'd been rather docile for the time being, suddenly became exceptionally active after seeing my Pokemon with me. Sure enough, the professor was right—he really is the studious type, if he even knows how tempermental the type can be.

"Ah sorry! " I kind of lost my cool after seeing your Pokemon; it's my first time being close to either of them, let alone a dragon type. "Oh, but let me introduce you to my partners." With very little pomp and circumstance, he tosses up his pokeballs and reveals both a Pikachu and a Flabebe with orange petels, both of which give out happy cries as they come out and are introduced.

"Oh, if we're introducing partners, then you should meet mine too." Tierno not wanting to be left out brings out his own two pokemon that happen to be a lotad and poliwag. I can't help but feel as if both of these Pokemon perfectly represent Tierno, as Poliwag is surprisingly friendly and Lotad, when fully evolved, becomes quite a skilled dancer in ludicolo! If there's ever been a more suited pair, it's definitely them, hands down.

Seeing how all of our partners are already out and about, we decide to let them explore, with Dratini and the water types heading over to a small pond to swim around, and Gible, along with Flabebe and Pikachu, heading over to a patch of flowers to take in the lovely scents while we take a short break to enjoy the scenery. After around a half hour, we decide to start back up on our way to Santalune, calling everyone back, although I choose to leave Dratini and Gible out since they still need to blow off a bit more energy.

after few more minutes we run into a boy on rollar skates doing some tricks however i can't help but notice the pokeballs on his belt as he sees us he reveals an amicable smile and waves us over. "Hey, do you want to have a Pokemon battle? "Me and my Pokemon are just raring to go all out!" the skater proffers with quite the enthusiasm.

"Do you two mind if I battle him? "I promised these two I'd use them in a battle soon to let off some steam, and this is as good a chance as any." confirming that neither Trevor nor Tierno would like to battle, I ask for Trevor to referee the match between me and the other trainer.

"This'll be a two-on-two battle with swaps allowed; the winner is the one who knocks out both pokemon or renders them unable to battle by their trainer's decision. is that fine with both of you? Tierno seems to be pretty much a natural at do such activities i'm a little curious if he's been around others that battle a lot and just got used to the role. But back to the match: we both nod to the terms that have been laid out by him, walk a set distance away from each other, and get ready to face off.

"Well, let's get this battle underway, shall we? "This'll be the perfect time to let out a bit of energy, you guys, so let's give it a bit of effort, okay?" getting energetic cries from both of my pokemon we get ready to have our match. "Alright, since my Pokemon are already out, I guess I'll go ahead and send out Dratini!"

With a cute cry, she unwraps herself from my neck and climbs down to the ground to face off against which Pokemon the skater will send out. with a energized cry he sends out a pokemon with blue and black fur that i know quite well to be a riolu that is found in Sinnoh. Seeing both pokemon ready to go, Tierno drops his hand, signaling the first battle to begin.

 

Alright everyon finally we're getting to the first battle of the story it's only going to be a small thing up until the first official gym battle but i figured using trainers that were scattered around in the game would be a good way to slow introduce and figure out the way i want to write the battles

2