Chapter 36 Trying to Understand Mana II
109 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Wait a minute, if mana is everywhere and anywhere, how could these eyes not detect it when I used it? Is it any different?

           Confused and puzzled about it, I asked Lilith, "If mana is everywhere and anywhere, why don't your eyes detect this mana?? But only detect the mana from you…"

            Lilith said, "Well, the mana is different…"

            "What? Is different? I thought mana was one thing; there is no other…"

            "Mana 'i creatures is divers than mana 'i the environment. When i say mana is everywhere and anywhere, it means there is a type of energy most like mana…at the river, there shall be a lot of mana…an example is dryad, dryad consumes a tree, and inside that tree is energy, or what dryad bid life essence. That's mana; every creature shall bid it differently, yet 'tis the like energy as mana. Hence, these two mana are different… (Mana in creatures is different than mana in the environment...When I say mana is everywhere and anywhere, it means there is a type of energy similar to mana…At the river, there will be a lot of mana…An example is Dryad, Dryad consumes a tree, and inside that tree is energy, or what Dryad called life essence. That's mana; every creature will call it differently, yet it's the same energy as mana. So, these two mana are different…)"

            "And the purpose?"

            "The intent is divers either, mana 'i a creature is wont enhance their abilities and faculties , while mana 'i the environment is moe as a source of energy, which every creature can shape or manipulate this source of energy into their corporal agent. For example, dryads used the energy from trees, which they absorbed as their energy and became their mana… (The purpose is different either, mana in a creature is used to enhance their abilities and powers, while mana in the environment is more like a source of energy, which every creature can shape or manipulate this source of energy into their body. For example, Dryads used the energy from trees, which they absorbed as their energy and became their mana…)"

            "What happens with other creatures?"

            "Well, what they consume surely shall be full of mana. Wherein i say mana is everywhere and anywhere, i mean 'tis literally everywhere, e'en inanimate objects hast mana. If humans consume something like vegetables, meat, or posset water, inside of those things surely hath some mana… (Well, what they consume surely will be full of mana. When I say mana is everywhere and anywhere, I mean It's literally everywhere, even inanimate objects have mana. If humans consume something like vegetables, meat, or drink water, inside of those things surely has some mana….)"

            "Before, you said the river is full of mana, why is an environment full of mana?"

            "River could hast rich mana, yet generally every river doesn't mean hast rich mana. The richness of the river depends towards the environment around it. The crystal clear water can betoken the amount of mana, and the green or bright colour of the leaves around it betoken it too. The moe lively the environment around the river, the moe mana it has…the mana isn't the environment, yet the things around it… (River could have rich mana, yet generally every river doesn't mean have rich mana... The richness of the river depends on the environment around it. The crystal clear water can indicate the amount of mana, and the green or bright colour of the leaves around it can indicate it too. The more lively the environment around the river, the more mana it has…The mana isn't the environment, but the things around it…)"

            "Is this mana affected by the season?"

            "What doth thou mean?"

            "You said the more lively the environment around the river, the more mana it has. What about its season, when plants, flowers, or anything else is not blooming? Is that indicating something? There must be a time when the weather is so strong and it makes the plant incapable of blooming and the environment dead just for that time."

            "Ah, i see what thou art asking now. While 'tis true that the vitality of the environment plays a significant role 'i determining the mana of a river, the condition doth hast an impact as well. During times when plants and flowers are not blooming, the river's mana may appear less vibrant or factious. And yet , this doesn't necessarily mean that the river lacks mana altogether. It could truly be 'i a dormant state, waiting for the right conditions to flourish once again. Yet, it is also possible that the river still bears a certain level of mana e'en during these periods; it be shown by the environment around it, not the entire perpetual wink (Ah, I see what you're asking now. While it's true that the vitality of the environment plays a significant role in determining the mana of a river, the condition does have an impact as well. During times when plants and flowers are not blooming, the river's mana may appear less vibrant or active. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that the river lacks mana altogether. It could simply be in a dormant state, waiting for the right conditions to flourish once again. Yet, it is also possible that the river still holds a certain level of mana even during these periods; it can be shown by the environment around it, not the entire death.)"

            That's interesting when I hear all of that. Mana is not just a magical energy from all the games or stories I know, yet mana is more complex. From what I get, mana can be seen as energy from the environment, and it can be as nutrition. Like Lilith said, what the creature eats must have some mana in there. This suggests that mana is not solely derived from mystical sources but rather can be obtained from the natural world. It implies that living beings, including creatures, rely on mana as a form of sustenance. Now I understand how Lilith's extreme mana unaffected my body, yet there raises a question, why is the capacity of mana on intelligence if…..Ah I see. Surely the diet affects the intelligence of a creature…

            So I know about the fuel of magic, and the process it should have in their body, which I believe will have the same process as the human digestion system. Yet, how is the finished result of mana or the magic mana processed into an ability or spell?

            To understand this a little more, I asked Lilith to do a small thing, "May you use your magic on a small scale? Like lit a small fire?"

            Immediately, Lilith leaned her hand in and said, "Pyr" Instantly, a fire appeared from her palm of hand, "You mean this?"

            I nodded and looked closer, watching the flames dance and flicker in her hand. Seeing that, it's not mana from Polynesian culture. I asked again, "Do you know how the mana works to make that fire?"

            She closed her palm, and immediately the fire disappeared, as she didn't feel any burn. Lilith said, "The simple answer is manipulating and shaping, so the mana 'i mine corporal agent came out; somehow 'twere being manipulated into the form of fire…(The simple answer is manipulating and shaping, so the mana in my body came out; somehow it was being manipulated into the form of fire…"

            Here is a problem: there is no such thing as energy being made without any processing. Even a black hole produces energy through a process, and a star needs to process the energy. So, it's not just manipulating or shaping; there must be some process from her body flowing into her palm and appearing as fire on her palm. Even when we eat food, there is a process to gather the energy called the digestion system, which is more like a refining system.

            I said to her, "I think it's not just manipulating and shaping the mana; there must be more than that to make fire in your palm…"

            "Why may thou say that?"

            "Well, manipulating is a method of altering the form, and shaping is a method of achieving a specific form. The result and the source should be the same. If the mana is a single drop of water, it means the magic should be a single drop of fire. Yet, I believe you used a little mana, or maybe not at all, to make that fire, so it's a contradiction to manipulating and shaping…"

            "So if what i quoth is not the answer, what is the answer? (So if what I said is not the answer, what is the answer?)"

            That's why I ask you, it's not just manipulating or shaping. Even refining is not the process of this, the result of refining will be less than the source. If it's refining, to use magic, you need a lot of mana because they need to remove impurities of mana, unwanted elements, and many more, so the spell is weaker and not inversely proportional to the mana consumed or the reality in front of me, the fire in Lilit's palm hand. The answer should be a fusion or a chain reaction. They need less material, yet the output or result is much bigger than the material. However, it's hard to imagine that every creature in this world has a system of fusion inside their body.

2