Chapter 39 A Singing on Chanting
46 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Hearing that, I knew the best option to test the limitations of Mana B was to do it outside. So Lilith could go all in for mana consumption. I said to them, "That's a great idea…"

            Lilith said with joy, "Great then…" She suddenly got up from her seat, raised her hand, and pointed behind her…

           In a second, a crack appeared in the thin air, slowly, the crack began expanding, a sudden gust of wind forced out of the crack hit my face, and a portal to another realm materialised right before my eyes. I was confused. Why did she summon a portal?

            I asked her, "For what is that thing?"

            I could see she had a dumbfounded face and told me, "Thou quoth we needed to test it; argal, we want to to a place where I test it… (You said we needed to test it; therefore, we need to go to a place where I can test it…)"

            I was more dumbfounded than her after hearing that. Quickly, I pointed at the front door and raised my eyebrow, "How about you just test it outside behind that door?"

            "What? Is this place able to withstand it?"

            "Well, I slightly remember that one dragon rammed my place with full force, and somehow there was no scratch…Or maybe I was just delusional and it was just my imagination…" I took a glimpse at Varania, which was like under pressure, and I turned back at Lilith, "I wondered if a dragon that rammed this place couldn't scratch the place, is that strong enough for you to test your magic?"

            "Would I doth that, there shall be a slight problem, and it shall burden you… (If I do that, there will be a slight problem, and it will burden you…)"

            I was puzzled, it was just a magic test. Why did it burden me? I asked, "Why?"

            Somehow, she didn't immediately answer my question, but she stared at me fiercely until I could see my reflection in her eyes. At once, she snapped her finger, and the portal immediately collapsed to dust in just a matter of seconds. Lilith finally spoke, "Well, with all's thou hast encountered, Methinks it shall be brave to test it outside… (Well, with everything you have encountered, I think it will be fine to test it outside…)"

            What does she mean by 'you have encountered'?

            Right away, Lilith walked towards the door, and Varania at once followed her. At the door, Lilith said, "Are thou coming or not?" I just nodded and straight walked to the door. As we were on the balcony, instantly Lilith and Varania just jumped out over the wooden fence without any hesitation. God damn demon…I will straight to die if I jump like that…

            Instead, I went to the stairs. As I was walking down the stairs, it surprised me that Lilith was flying. She kept following me from the side of the fence or in the sky while she was flying. I took a glimpse at her, and her face showed a mischievous grin as she flew effortlessly beside me. Not looking at her, I said, "No matter what you think right now, don't do it!"

            "Well, it looks like thou are getting tired, and thou are walking too slow……. so… (Well, it looks like you are getting tired, and you are walking too slow…….so…)" Immediately, she swooped down and grabbed my hand, pulling me up into the air with her.

            "I HAVE TOLD YOU TO NOT DO WHAT YOU JUST THINKING!!!" My heart raced as we soared through the sky together, feeling the wind rush past us, and I realised how high my place was. However, how she carried me somehow made me awkward towards her. Slowly, we descended to the ground, and she carried me like a baby, I could look closely at her eyes, her skin, and her breath on my face.

            As we landed, she released her grab and said, "There thou go…" and I stumbled slightly.

            "Thank you for the lift," I managed to say…

            "'No problem, so what doth I want to try to determine this mana b and its limitations? (No problem, so what do I need to do to determine this mana B and its limitations?)"

            That's a great question. From the earlier experiment, the best way is to tell her all in to cast a spell. Yet… I looked at the tree, Can this tree uphold the power of the spell? Well, from the description of the skill, no power can destroy or harm the tree. So, it should be able to handle Lilith's all-in-power…

            I said to her, "You can use a big spell, earlier you mentioned the complex magic, how about you cast that?"

            "Thou sure?" Asked her with a not-sure face.

            "Yeah, I'm sure, and you may face that open field direction, not at the tree…"

            "Okay then…"

            Lilith slowly walked past me, and suddenly Varania was beside me. I could hear some spat of words from Varania's mouth, "ꦢꦺꦤꦺꦁꦏꦸꦲꦱꦱꦏꦤꦒ꧈" Is that the language I know that she is mumbling it? "ꦏꦸꦭꦲꦁꦱꦭꦏꦺꦤ꧀ꦮꦶꦗꦶꦥꦸꦂꦮ꧈" Slowly, I could see a lot of balls of light appear from the ground, floating towards Varania, who was still chanting. "ꦓꦶꦱꦶꦏ꧀ꦱꦏꦏꦺꦏꦸꦮꦠꦤꦺꦗꦩꦤ꧀ꦏꦸꦤ꧈ꦠꦁꦏꦺꦭꦏꦺꦏꦸꦭꦱꦏꦏꦧꦺꦃꦱꦶꦱꦶꦃ꧉" Wait a second, is their chanting always in this? I think I remember Varania chanting in sort of Greek, and now she is chanting in this? I looked at Varania, her eyes glowing with a mysterious intensity as the balls of light swirled around her. It was both fascinating and slightly unsettling to witness. "ꦦꦫꦶꦥꦸꦂꦤꦢꦢ꧈ꦲꦩꦺꦁꦲꦸꦭꦶꦁꦭꦤ꧀ꦔꦺꦮꦃ꧈ꦅꦁꦥꦁꦏꦸꦕꦥ꧀ꦱꦏꦤꦒ꧈" Suddenly, she paused and took a deep breath. As she kept inhaling, she was creating a dense aura around her, enveloping her in a shroud of energy. At once, I didn't realise it, there was a sort of rune inscribed on the ground. Is she in a shroud of mana A or her mana, and the orbs are mana B or the environment mana? Finally, she released it with a high-pitched voice, "ꦏꦸꦭꦲꦩꦤ꧀ꦱꦏꦫꦺꦴꦁꦱ꧉꧉꧉" Just in a fraction of a second, all of that fused and scattered around Varania and me, manifesting into a golden barrier. The barrier shimmered with an otherworldly light, pulsating and somehow feeling warm inside. Wait, wait, wait, hold up. The elves couldn't read or write the words or their goddess, and now Varania somehow can chant this language. What is happening here? Don't you dare to tell me that Lilith will be chanting in the same language!!!

            Lilith turned her head back towards us under the shield, she showed a smirk of a smile and said, "Are thou knowest about that barrier, Varania? Doth thou not crave to enhance it moe? (Are you sure about that barrier, Varania? Do you not want to enhance it more?)"

            At once, she faced forward and slowly raised her right hand while slowly chanting, "ꦓꦺꦤꦶꦩꦸꦁꦒꦃ" She is chanting with a familiar tone and melody, "ꦠꦸꦩꦶꦧ" She isn't just chanting "ꦏꦁꦲꦒꦸꦁ꧈" She is singing with a high-pitched tone, her rhythm and melody are so familiar "ꦡꦠ꧀ꦮꦠꦸꦩꦤ꧀ꦝꦏꦿꦶꦢꦱꦏꦏꦸꦭ꧈" Her voice is soaring, this is poetry from my place; it's a macapat… "ꦑꦭ꧀ꦧꦸꦠꦸꦩꦤ꧀ꦝꦱꦸꦮꦸꦁꦏꦤ꧀ꦛꦶꦮꦶꦱꦺꦱ꧈" suddenly, all the energy was gathering around her from the ground and the sky, creating a swirling vortex of power. Lilith's eyes glowed with intensity as she continued to chant, "ꦮꦸꦗꦸꦢ꧀ꦥꦩ꧀ꦧꦸꦢꦶꦢꦪ" Her body emitted a dense aura and energy as she reached the climax of her incantation. The air around her crackled with electricity, and a sense of power surged. Out of a sudden, she stopped, her voice echoing in the silence that followed; however, the energy or the mana around her seemed to move to her hand, forming a glowing ball of light and a black rune inscribed in front of her. "ꦥꦩ꧀ꦧꦸ꧉꧉꧉" the ball and her energy around her started to react towards the rune which lit the rune "ꦢꦶ꧉꧉꧉" the rune grew brighter and brighter, it became not black anymore but a venomous red, she took a deep breath, I know what word next and it will be last word of the chanting, and she released it with high-pitched-tone "ꦪꦺꦴ꧉꧉꧉" As the final word left her lips, an energy wave from the rune travelled with fast speed, and a surprisingly fiery flame erupted next from the rune, following the trail of the energy wave, enveloping everything in its path with a fiery glow and leaving a trail of destruction behind. The ground beneath Varania and I trembled as the power of the spell surged through everything. The barrier from Varania slowly showed some cracks. Quickly, Lilith raised her other hand towards us and chanted, "ꦏꦸꦭꦲꦩꦤ꧀ꦱꦏꦫꦺꦴꦁꦱ꧉꧉꧉" A second layer of barrier appeared, glowing a red, reinforcing the weakening barrier Varania had created…

            After a few moments, finally, the energy from Lilith was gone; it just showed the destruction from its trail. Immediately, all the barriers disappeared, and Lilith walked towards us. As she was in front of me, she said, "How is that? doth thou hast any imagining about the limitations of mana b? (How is that? Do you have any idea about the limitations of Mana B)?" I leaned my head back and looked at the destruction, which was 500 metres long, and looked back at her dumbfoundedly. How the hell must I know? The one I really want to know is how the hell you know the aksara?

 

I used the Aksara not the alphabetical. If I use alphabetical somehow I don't feel it, or maybe because it's my own language so I felt same, but with Aksara it's different, even I don't fully understand what I just wrote in that Aksara at first time reading it, yet slowly I was able to read properly with more time. In next more chapter, it will fully explain this chanting system, previously I talked about mana system now it will be a magic system.

3