Prologue: Acadia’s puppets and Pleiades council
335 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city of magical puppets also known as Acadia City is the forfront of the magic tools development in the human part of the world. At least that's what the magical puppets want you to think.

Lloyd Weiss the director of Acadia Institute of Magical Arts, is in fact the leader of the magical puppets, even being one himself.

He was created by an otherworlder Known as Hagane Kyouya.

When Kyouya made Lloyd, he signed a contract with a demon to possess the body of the newly created puppet. 

That's what Lloyd himself hides from the public, that he's a puppet possessed by a demon. That's how the puppet gained an ego for itself.

Strangely enough Lloyd wasn't the only puppet Kyouya and his team of craftsmen made, infact they made 3 more puppets similar to Lloyd.

2 of them were possessed by spirits, while the last one was posted by a demon.

Kyouya made each of the Puppets unique. Lloyd was based on the Circus performers in appearance, while the others were made to resemble the masks of Egyptian Venison and Japanese cultures.

Aoi Kyouka is the puppet that was similar to the fox mask shrine maidens. She is also the professor of the magic tools development and teaches Water and Fire magic to her students. She's also Lloyd's right hand and also head secretary.

Rook Sanguine was the puppet that gained features from the Egyptian masks, and like Kyouka he's also a teacher. He teaches his students about lightning magic but his main subject is how to turn that lightning into magnetic force.

While the last of the puppets, Victoria Vale, the one based on the plague doctor mask of Venice culture. She's the head nurse of Acadia Institute's infirmary, on the surface at least. In reality she's the best at making poisons and doing assassinations.

The public thought that it could manipulate the four puppets but in reality the puppet masters were the Puppets themselves. Humanity thought that making puppets do their biding was a good idea. However Kyouya provided them assistance in making puppets. Strangely accepting Kyouya's help was their undoing. The creations that were supposed to be their servants became their masters instead.

Acadia is the capital City of the Rosenvale theocracy. Acadia is the most welcoming part of the theocracy, mainly because of Headmaster Lloyd's influence. The reason is simple, Rosenvale is a country of Humans, and humanity vies for supremacy. The doctrine of the church is solely for human supremacy to feed their avarice.

Acadia Institute accepts humans and demi-humans alike but that's only for the professors to know. On the surface the institute accepts only humans. Rook, Kyouka and Victoria are responsible for recruiting talented individuals outside of Rosenvale. Under the churches nose.

The Pleiades council is a group of six individuals of different races representing the Small countries and cities outside human habitation. 

The priestess of the Tengu race, Kagami Sumire, is the leader of the council. Though in fact she's one of the half races in the council. The tengu race didn't originally exist, it was created from the union of two separate races, namely the Fox-kin and the Angeles. And Sumire was the result of that union.

The half-dragon Akira Shiro is the representative of all the reptilians and half-breed dragons. He's a warrior through and through even though his Elf mother and Dragon father would disagree.

The only sea dwelling race to join the council, the Lorelei race sent Suigetsu Mirai as their respective, though the person herself would rather not be there.

The Insect-kin sent Kamakiri Kyo to test the other races present.

The beast-kin's King Barbaros Wildmane came to represent the largest force of the demi-humans in the lands surrounding Rosenvale.

And finally the Lung race represented by Yin Huo, the lung acted separately from the other dragons, reason being that they are more like the Chinese dragons from Kyouya's former world. They are the more peaceful race among dragon kind's ruling class.

It's unknown what the Puppets are planning but one thing is certain they will protect humanity, on the surface at least. Their true goal is to advance magic tools without the humans discovering the scientific knowledge that Kyouya left behind before he died.

While the Pleiades council strives to eradicate the Rosenvale church along with it's followers and believes, which side is actually protecting humanity, when even the gods the humans believe in are only humanoids. The Pope of the Rosenvale theocracy and his cardinals desecrated the statues of the gods they were supposed to worship, to make the gods the people believe in to be humans in appearance.

Humanity was heading towards it's own demise for the price of it's hubris and folly, they deemed themselves supreme but they were the ones manipulated by their own creations and beliefs.

And the demi-humans they hated have banded together to fight back against the avarice of humanity.

5