Chapter One ♦ Atlantean Jötunheimr
37 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A realm of magnificence, and a true architectural wonder, Asgard stood proud, its many citadels overlooking the shimmering waters that surrounded the divine domain. The mighty ash tree towered over the realm, its foliage plentiful and its roots stretching far beyond the horizon. Flowers bloomed all around, trees of sapphire hue rustled through a gentle breeze. The sound of fountains and mystic humming brought a sense of tranquility; this serene atmosphere was betrayed however, by a certain aversion in the air.

"Sorðinn - how much longer must we wait for this Dikastes-" The All-Father paced, his expression creased from ire. "Their arrival is long overdue."

"Patience Havi, patience." His blood brother spoke. "But... if it could ease your mind, might I suggest sending someone over to the Bifröst to assess the situation? Me, perhaps?"

"Do as you wish, Loki-" Havi growled. "But let it be known, that keeping me waiting as such, only befouls the strained thread linking our two nations.

"Fret not, my brother-" Loki replied with a hand gesture. "I will see to it." He took his leave.

Descending from the Great Hall to the upper courtyard, he ambled across the main domain; pillars of gold markings sided the main road, enchanted orbs lighting the path to the central gardens. A sound eventually echoed across the realm. His eyes traveled to the far structure; the gate to Heimdall's Tower had been opened, the envoy had arrived.

♦♦♦

Sauntering across the bridge, the Dikastes was greeted by a pair of Asgardian guards. Although ordered to remain somewhat civil, one of them still exuded a spiteful expression.

"I am here to meet with the All-Father." A voice spoke, in a tone laced with diplomacy and elegance. The bitter guard replied with a sneer.

"And I shall usher you to him." A man ambled past them. His eyes traveled across the figure that stood before him, captivated by what he saw, a feeling he had never experienced before; a woman of divine beauty, her burnished hair braided in a knot, her soft features accentuated by silk like skin. "I am Loki, advisor to the All-Father... and now your very own personal guide." He displayed exceeding gallantry.

"My name is Aletheia, Dikastes of Atlantis." Their gaze interlocked. From this moment forward, their fate would remained intertwined; a destined meeting from which an unbreakable bond would bloom. An eternal union, compassionate but forbidden.

 

8