Ch116- Akatsuki’s Strike
68 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two of them sat in silence for a moment, each lost in their thoughts. Ryomaru felt a sense of clarity beginning to form. He was young, yes, and the path ahead was uncertain. But he had his mother by his side, and her unwavering support was the anchor he needed.

After relaxing for a while, Ryomaru and Miori left the soothing embrace of the hot spring, feeling rejuvenated. Miori, with her gentle and caring touch, helped Ryomaru to dry off, her fingers moving skillfully as she draped a towel around his slender frame. She knew the importance of this moment; Ryomaru was about to meet with his Shinobi as their Raikage. She chose a set of black, stylish clothes for him, reflecting the gravity of the occasion.

With the clothes neatly draped over his body, Miori looked at him, her ice-blue eyes shining with pride. “You look like a true leader, Ryo,” she whispered, her voice filled with love.

Ryomaru flashed her a grateful smile, feeling a surge of confidence. “Thanks, Mum,” he replied, his heart swelling with love for her.

Together with Samui and Mabui, they made their way to the meeting room. The air was thick with anticipation as they entered, finding Darui, Fugaku, and Itachi already waiting for them. Ryomaru took his seat at the head of the table, his posture straight and commanding. Miori sat beside him, her presence a comforting reassurance. Samui and Mabui took their places on either side, their expressions serious.

“What happened?” Ryomaru asked, his voice steady, eyes scanning the faces before him.

Taking a deep breath, Darui began, "Our intelligence had been tracking a group of rogue shinobi—Nuke-nin—for some time. They've long been on our radar, each a formidable opponent in their own right."

Ryomaru leaned forward, ice-blue eyes sharp with focus. The weight of his new role evident in every gesture.

"We discovered their objective," Darui continued, his tone grave. "They sought to harness the power of the Jinchuriki, though their precise intentions remain murky. Unfortunately, our realization came a tad late."

Mabui interjected, "The student exchange program, designed to foster unity and growth, inadvertently painted a target. Naruto from Konoha, Gaara from the Sand, both learning under Bee-sama's tutelage, unknowingly became bait."

Ryomaru's expression tightened, the implications clear. A strategy meant to cultivate strength had inadvertently opened up vulnerabilities.

Darui's eyes held a haunted look as he recounted, "Bee-sama decided to take them out for training, thinking it would be safer. But that's when they struck. Ten shinobi, each with skills rivaling a Kage, descended upon Bee-sama, Yugito, Naruto, and Gaara."

A heavy silence settled over the room, each person grappling with the scale of the assault.

Miori reached out, her hand finding Ryomaru's, offering silent support. The weight of what happened pressed down on them, a tangible force.

Itachi, always the observer, spoke up, his voice low but clear. "The Raikage did not hesitate. As soon as the news reached him, he was on the move, hoping to bolster Bee-sama's defenses."

"Raikage-sama and Bee-sama, together, were a force to be reckoned with. The ensuing battle was fierce, the kind the world rarely witnesses."

Ryomaru’s voice was steady, though tinged with pain. "What happened?"

Fugaku took over, his usually stern face softened by the somber news. "They held their own against overwhelming odds. Managed to eliminate one of the attackers. But..." His voice trailed off, a heavy sigh escaping his lips.

"But the price was steep," Darui finished, struggling to keep his voice steady. "Raikage-sama... he sacrificed himself to protect them."

Itachi cleared his throat. "The rest managed to retreat, thanks to Raikage-sama's sacrifice. But the threat of those Nuke-nin remains. Their objective is clear, even if their larger goals remain shrouded in mystery."

Ryomaru's mind spun wildly, the news settling heavy in his chest. The exchange program was his idea. Did he cause this? No, he couldn’t blame himself for the evils of others. He sighed, the weight of responsibility pressing on his young shoulders as he asked, “What is this group?”

Darui looked serious, his usually calm demeanor replaced by a sense of urgency as he said, “Akatsuki.”

As soon as he heard the name, something stirred in Ryomaru’s mind. A memory surfaced—a pain struck his mind. He tried to focus on the memory, but it was fleeting, instant. He saw war, bloodshed, damnation, and then it was all gone. Gasping for breath, he looked around, realizing everyone was looking at him worried, Miori in particular.

Miori’s eyes were filled with concern as she reached out, gently placing her hand on Ryomaru’s shoulder. “Ryo? Are you alright?”

Ryomaru nodded, shaking off the dizziness. “I... I just felt something weird. It’s gone now.” He didn’t want to worry her further, though the pain in his head lingered.

Darui watched him closely, sensing that there was more to it. However, he decided to proceed, “Akatsuki... they’re an organization shrouded in mystery. Their members are incredibly strong, and they seem to have a particular interest in Jinchuriki.”

Ryomaru’s jaw clenched. His mind was still reeling, but he needed to focus. “And what do we know about them? Any leads on their whereabouts?”

Darui answered, his voice calm and analytical, “Their movements are erratic. They seem to appear and disappear at will. Tracking them has proven difficult.”

He then added, “Our best lead so far has been their interest in the Jinchuriki. If we can predict their next move, we might be able to set a trap.”

Ryomaru nodded, his mind racing as he considered their options. “We need to protect the Jinchuriki, and at the same time, gather as much information as we can. Did Naruto and Gaara returned their villages?”

Fugaku, with a stern expression on his face, nodded in acknowledgment. “Kakashi was with us, ensuring Naruto’s safe journey back to Konoha before our abrupt encounter in the forest. As for Gaara, Baki, along with a squad of our shinobi, has escorted him back to the Sand Village. The exchange program has officially come to an end.”

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic2

5