Ch108- Duel
50 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, with the sun just beginning to cast a warm glow over Karakura Town, Kazuki and Mashiro stepped out, enveloped once more in their Gigai forms. The town had always possessed a quaint charm. For Kazuki, its streets held a nostalgic allure. He'd tread on these cobblestones many times before, and every visit felt like a homecoming of sorts.

However, for Mashiro, the town was still relatively unexplored. She'd been here a handful of times, but the excitement of discovering something new every time still bubbled within her. Her vibrant green hair fluttered in the morning breeze as they began their tour.

As they walked down the main street, vendors were just beginning to set up their stalls. Freshly baked noodles wafted through the air, making Mashiro's eyes light up in anticipation.

"Ah! That smells divine!" she exclaimed. "Have you tried the noodles here, Kazuki?"

Kazuki smiled, taking in the aroma of the freshly baked noodles, "Oh, yes, I've tried them a few times. They have a special recipe here in Karakura Town that gives the noodles a unique flavor. You're in for a treat."

Mashiro's face lit up with excitement. "Then, we must get some!" She darted off toward the vendor, her green hair fluttering behind her.

Watching her bound off, Kazuki felt a swell of amusement. He followed at a more leisurely pace, watching as Mashiro animatedly spoke to the vendor and ordered two bowls of noodles. By the time he reached her side, she had already secured a spot on one of the benches nearby.

Handing him a bowl, she grinned, "Let's dig in!"

They both slurped the warm, savory noodles, savoring the delicious taste. It was a moment of simple pleasure, a break from the complexities of their lives and their responsibilities.

"I can see why you like this place," Mashiro mused, setting her empty bowl down. "There's a tranquility to it. Despite the hustle and bustle, there's this underlying calm."

Kazuki nodded in agreement, "There are very few places that can balance both, and Karakura Town is one of them."

As they continued their tour of the town, they encountered a group practicing martial arts in an open square. It was a beautiful display of skill and grace, and Mashiro was immediately captivated.

"Is this common here?" she asked, her gaze locked on the performers.

Kazuki chuckled, "More common than you might think. The people here have a rich history of martial arts. It's part of the town's culture."

As they kept walking, the morning sun filtering through the leaves, they soon noticed a familiar figure. Musashi stood by a cart, examining some fresh produce. He glanced up at Kazuki, his eyes holding a silent message. With a subtle nod, he signaled for Kazuki to follow him. The two moved in tandem, making their way away from the town square, following the winding path that led to the riverbank just outside the town.

Mashiro, sensing the gravity of the moment, held back, allowing them some distance but kept them in sight. The rustle of the leaves and the distant sounds of the town faded as they reached the serene location.

The river glistened, reflecting the early sun's rays. Musashi took a deep breath, appreciating the tranquil environment before finally addressing the matter at hand.

"I found it odd yesterday," Musashi began, "But today, seeing you eat, laugh, and interact with the townspeople, it made me wonder: how can they see you? Last night, only I was aware of your presence."

Kazuki let out a soft chuckle. "It's a fair question. What you saw last night and what you see now are different forms of my existence. This," he gestured to his own form, "is what we call a Gigai."

Musashi's eyebrows furrowed slightly, "A Gigai?"

"Yes. It's a temporary physical body we use to interact in the living world. When we are in our Gigai forms, we appear and function just like any other human. It allows us to blend in, eat, and experience the physical world in its entirety. Our true forms, like the one you saw last night, are less tangible in this realm."

Musashi pondered this for a moment. "So, when you're in this... Gigai, you're essentially human?"

"In many ways, yes," Kazuki responded. "It has its limitations, but it serves its purpose well."

The two men stood in silence for a moment, watching the river flow by. The shimmering water reflected their contemplative expressions.

Breaking the quiet, Musashi said, "Karakura Town is a place of many mysteries. Your presence here only adds to its enigma. But I'm grateful for our paths crossing, Kazuki."

Kazuki smiled warmly. "As am I, Musashi."

Musashi then said, "But my sword is howling. I cannot help but want to challenge you." Musashi touched his blade, the metallic sound echoing the seriousness of the situation. Kazuki's relaxed demeanor shifted, tension lining his shoulders and back.

Touching swords wasn't a mere gesture; it was a declaration of intent. For a warrior like Musashi, the call of the blade wasn't to be ignored. It was an acknowledgment of the prowess of the opponent and a thirst for battle.

With a swift motion, Kazuki summoned his Zanpakuto. Kamijō Tenseiga emerged, its pure silver blade shimmering brilliantly against the morning sun. The black handle wrapped in fine, silver thread seemed to hum with anticipation, while the circular guard with starburst protrusions showcased its cosmic symbolism. The ancient runes engraved on the small silver sphere at the hilt hinted at a depth of power beyond the ordinary.

Musashi eyed the blade with genuine appreciation. "A magnificent weapon," he commented, even as his fingers flexed around his own sword.

Kazuki offered a nod of acknowledgment. "Every blade tells a story, Musashi. Some are forged in fire, others in spirit. Some are sharpened by winds, and some are nurtured by will. What story does your blade whisper?"

A faint smile touched Musashi's lips. "One of honor, duty, and a never-ending journey." With that, he assumed a stance, signaling the commencement of the duel.

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic2

3