Ch118- Secret Out!
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to share something with you all. As some of you might have noticed, the frequency of our weekly chapters has gone down a bit recently. I'm navigating through some challenging times right now, and it's been impacting my ability to maintain our usual pace.

I really appreciate your understanding and continued support during this period. Your patience and encouragement mean a lot to me. I'm committed to keeping the story alive and will do my best to deliver quality content, even if it's a bit less frequent for now.

Thanks for sticking around and for being such an awesome community!

--

They turned back to the space where Azashiro’s presence lingered, ready to face whatever came next, together. The weight of the revelation still hung in the air, but they were warriors, and they had a mission to complete.

Kazuki understood that the night he went after Tsunayashiro, Azashiro must have merged with a part he was in, witnessing him maiming Tsunayashiro. How could he have been so careless? If Azashiro reported this to Gotei 13 or Central 46, it could spell disaster for the Shiba Clan. Clenching his fist, Kazuki felt the weight of his actions bearing down on him.

Azashiro, sensing his turmoil, chuckled. "I have no sympathy for that dog," he remarked, and Kukaku could swear she heard a spitting noise, as if just speaking about Tsunayashiro dirtied Azashiro's mouth. "My clan, sister... they were killed by that clan. I gave up on avenging, but I will not help them. You don't have to worry."

Relief flooded through Kazuki to some degree, but knowing a third person was aware of his secret still unsettled him. "What do you want?" he asked, his voice guarded.

"Nothing in exchange for this," Azashiro answered promptly. "I told you, I will not help them nor will I use it as leverage. Consider me not knowing."

Kazuki nodded, the tension in his body easing slightly. He knew he had to tread carefully, aware that they were on thin ice.

Azashiro then said, "I created mutated soldiers. When I proposed it to Central 46, they scoffed at me, thinking I couldn't, and told me to go ahead and do what I want. The reason I did it was to create soldiers that knew no fatigue, hunger or mercy. I used criminals with the most heinous crimes, and used my Bankai to alter their psyche and bodies, making them loyal to me. My goal was always the same, to eradicate hollows, but Central 46, upon learning I really managed, were afraid, thought I would dethrone them. They used a Kido I have never seen before to turn my Modified Soldiers berserk, then threw them to Rukongai. They killed all those people, not me!"

Kazuki’s mind raced as he absorbed this information, his expression hardening. The Gotei 13 and Central 46 had shown their dark side once again. He glanced at Kukaku, as she said, Central 46 had dark side.

Kukaku, despite her initial shock, digested the information with a steady determination. Her eyes narrowed, a slow-burning anger lighting up within her. The Central 46 had once again proven their ability to sacrifice innocent lives for their own benefit, and it made her blood boil.

Kazuki spoke, his voice low but filled with resolve, "We need to expose them. We can't let them get away with this."

Kukaku nodded, her stance firm, "Absolutely. We can’t just stand by and let them manipulate and kill innocents."

She was ready to charge into battle, to bring justice to those who had suffered. But she also knew they needed to tread carefully. Exposing Central 46’s deeds wouldn’t be easy, and they would need proof.

Kazuki’s thoughts were in alignment with hers. "We need evidence. Azashiro, do you have any proof of what you’re saying?"

Azashiro snorted, "You are still so naive. There is no purpose going after Central 46, it is a fool's errand. I will complete my task, then will turn myself in. So long, Kazuki Shiba. I suggest you to return to your home."

The atmosphere was tense as his words resonated through the empty space. Kazuki’s jaw clenched, frustration and anger coursing through him. He wasn’t ready to just let this go, not when he knew the truth.

“Running away won’t change anything,” he shot back, his voice steady. “We need to expose them, make them pay for what they’ve done.”

Azashiro’s laughter echoed, eerie and mocking. “And you think you can do that? You, a mere Shinigami, against the Central 46?”

Azashiro gave a cold snort, his eyes locking with Kazuki’s. "Central 46 is supported by the 4 Noble Families. Don't stir up trouble that could put the Shiba Clan at risk. Unlike others, I have respect for your clan. They have a conscience." And with those final words, he vanished, leaving no trace of his presence behind. Kazuki felt his energy dissipate, disappearing completely from his senses. He sighed, feeling a mix of frustration and defeat.

For a moment, the forest seemed to stand still. The rustling of the leaves and the soft chirping of the crickets were the only sounds that broke the hush. Kazuki turned, his eyes meeting Kukaku's. The weight of the recent revelation, the gravity of the situation, was palpable.

"Let's go," Kukaku said softly, placing a reassuring hand on Kazuki's shoulder. They walked together, the forest thickening around them, dark and foreboding. Every shadow seemed to pulse with an unspoken threat.

Kazuki's senses, sharpened from his years of training and battles, suddenly pricked with unease. "Not good," he whispered, almost to himself.

The ground beneath them vibrated, an ominous rumble that grew louder with each passing second. From the deeper parts of the forest, soldiers materialized. Their presence was intimidating – their bodies encased in dark, polished armor that radiated a malevolent energy. The patterns on their armor were not just for decoration. They held forbidden Kido, and with each step, the power emanating from them was palpable.

Kazuki shifted into a defensive stance, pulling Kukaku behind him, his instincts on high alert. These soldiers, with their unholy glow and menacing aura, were not to be underestimated.

A massive creature, twisted and grotesque, lumbered behind the soldiers. Its eyes, devoid of emotion, scanned the area, settling on Kazuki and Kukaku.

As if on cue, the creature let out a guttural roar, and the soldiers lunged forward. They moved with an eerie synchronicity, their movements sharp and precise.

Kazuki had believed that with Aizen’s borrowed power, he could put these creatures under an illusion and end the fight before it began. As he channeled that energy, aiming to throw them off balance with a powerful illusion, he was stunned to see the soldiers continue their relentless advance.

In a flash, the realization hit him. Azashiro is immune to Aizen's power, he thought frantically. The memory of when he had used Aizen’s power against Tsunayashiro flitted through his mind, and how Azashiro had still seen him. Those modified soldiers, too, were a product of Azashiro’s craftiness, granting them immunity to such tricks.

Swearing under his breath, Kazuki shifted his stance, drawing on his own considerable power. “Kukaku, stay close!” he called out, not sparing a glance towards his girlfriend, trusting that she was ready for the fight.

Releasing his Zanpakuto with the command, “Devour, Kamijō Tenseiga,” the air around him grew dense. The world seemed to warp slightly as the starlight from his inner world began to manifest. He hoped to blind the soldiers momentarily, creating an opening. As the ambient spiritual energy accumulated, he directed it toward the advancing army, aiming to create a chaotic diversion.

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic2

0