Chapter 166: Treasure Hunting Part 4; Exhaust Attack
156 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Heaven’s Punishment is a high-grade technique that channels a bolt of raw energy by combining all five elements of nature.’

‘It allows the user to unleash a devastating beam of light at a target. But If it were only that then the technique would only be considered mid-grade.’

‘However, after unleashing Heaven’s Punishment, it locks onto the target, making it impossible to dodge or escape. Thus where its name came from.’

Kerr!!

The griffin let out a final, agonized screech before falling from the sky, Its wings flapped weakly, trying to keep it airborne, but it was a futile effort.

The griffin fell from the sky like a stone, its massive body hitting the barren ground with a loud thud that echoed through the empty landscape.

When the dust finally settled, the griffin lay motionless on the ground, its life force extinguished.

Meng Lin watched the spectacle unfold, her expression unchanging. She then turned her attention back to the other griffin hybrids.

Kree-Aaar

The single one which had been observing their fight, let out a guttural shrill, its body glowing orange and transforming into another 5-meter-tall griffin.

It unfolded its wings and released its aura of the late stage and with a powerful beat of its wings, it launched itself into the air, its beady eyes fixed on Meng Lin.

A deafening roar erupted from its beak as it charged towards Meng Lin, its claws glowing with a deadly light, imitating the actions of the last griffin.

The other three griffins had stopped whatever they were doing and were now observing her with wary eyes.

Meng Lin watched as the 5-meter-tall griffin approached with every beat of its wings and the moment the griffin reached a 30-meter mark, Meng Lin raised her left hand with her finger once again raised.

Again, a threatening aura began to spread across the sky as a bolt of crackling energy emerged from her fingertip.

As Meng Lin was about to unleash the attack she suddenly felt a seething heatwave from her back as a massive flaming claw more ferocious than the last one appeared behind her.

The intense heat from the flaming claw was already scorching her back and she had only a split second to respond, but that split second was all she needed.

With a swift turn, her robes swirled with her movement as she clenched her right fist tightly, "Harmony Resonance Fist!" The technique, fuelled by 30 percent of her Qi, burst forth, creating a perfect synchronization with her fist as it met the flaming claw midway.

Peng!!

A sparkling shockwave rippled through the air as the 10-meter-tall griffin from behind, caught off guard by the sudden counter, was pushed back slightly, its flaming claw dimming slightly.

Kree-Aaar!

It let out an enraged screech, its eyes ablaze with fury with its aura intensifying. However, as it was preparing to launch another attack, Meng Lin had already shifted her focus.

Swiftly, she shifted her body, facing the griffin that was darting towards her from the front.

With a quick gesture, she extended her left hand with her finger pointed towards it, the bolt of energy she had been charging still sizzling at her fingertip.

"Heaven’s Punishment!" She declared, and the bolt of energy surged forth, transforming into a radiant beam of light that cut through the desolate landscape, heading straight for the oncoming griffin.

Caught by surprise, with only two meters between them the griffin couldn't even evade in time.

Spurt!!

The bolt of energy slammed into its head, sending it sprawling backward as it plummeted from the sky, crashing into the barren ground with a deafening thud.

Not wasting any time, Meng Lin quickly turned her attention back to the peak stage griffin that had attacked her from behind.

Her sharp eyes scanned the vicinity swiftly, spotting it a few meters away, and next to it stood another 5-meter-tall griffin.

They both opened their beaks, and a threatening ball of fire quickly emerged before their beaks.

Feeling a looming sense of danger Meng Lin became even more cautious as she swiftly entered her brute qi state, ready for their attack.

Peng!!!

Suddenly from behind, Meng Lin felt a massive flaming claw struck her, spiraling get forward as the second peak stage griffin finally appeared on the battlefield.

The intense strike from the claw knocked Meng Lin out of her brute qi state, and she was sent flying toward the two griffins with their fireballs ready.

Meng Lin with great difficulty quickly flipped her body around to face the incoming attacks, and suddenly the sky quaked with lightning as an explosive aura erupted from Meng Lin’s body.

As the flaming balls hurtled towards her, she raised her hands, her eyes gleaming with determination. Thunderous energy crackled around her, its light illuminating the battlefield.

With a swift downward motion of her arms the sky above her split open, a torrent of electrifying energy pouring down like a storm. The thunderous energy collided with the flaming balls, causing an explosive reaction that illuminated the battlefield.

A shockwave of energy rippled through the air, the ground beneath them shaking from the sheer force of the impact.

Kree!!

The two griffins, caught in the middle of this clash of energies, let out agonized screeches as electricity ran through their body, stunning them for a moment.

Meng Lin quickly turned her attention back towards the other peak stage griffin. she felt her energy running dry at the usage of the Wrath of Thunder.

‘I have to take out this one before i drain’ she thought as her eyes glowed with a purple hue. She raised her arm to ready another technique, intending on intensifying the Wrath of Thunder.

Kree-Aaar!

The griffin who had been watching her wasn’t idle as its whole body became a flaming silhouette, its wings flapped an intense heatwave with every beat and it opened its mouth to charge up a massive fireball that crackled with an infernal energy, ready to unleash devastation upon Meng Lin.

Humph!

Meng Lin snorted as her raised hand started cracking with even more lighting as an immense power gathered within her palm “Thunderbolt Flash” she called out as a ball of thunder materialized before her.

In a swift motion, she released the ball of thunder intensified by the wrath of thunder. It shot forward, transforming into a concentrated beam of devastating energy that met with the massive fireball of the griffin.

Boom!

With a deafening boom, the beam instantly burst apart the fireball and did not stop as it landed on the head of the griffin, destroying half his head.

Kree!

The griffin, even with its head brutally damaged was still alive, it wobbled around in the air for a few seconds before its massive body fell and hit the barren ground, causing a cloud of dust to rise.

The energy around Meng Lin dissipated as she slowly lowered her hands, the destructive Wrath of Thunder technique coming to an end.

"Hhhhh..." Her chest heaved with exertion, and each breath she took labored. The toll of using such a high-grade technique with such a low amount of qi was apparent in her, but she refused to show any signs of weakness.

“Fuuuu…” she released a breath in a long, slow exhale as she focused on her surroundings.

Her hair, untied in the heat of battle, was a wild halo around her white robe, but she paid it no mind. Her attention was on the battlefield, her gaze sweeping over the last two griffins left.

10