Chapter 173: Freezing Dilemma
181 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin materialized from her formless state and landed on the glacial floor once again, this time with all her focus on the being before her.

 

The intimidating figure of the crystal lizard loomed before her, its massive 20-meter form radiating an overwhelming aura that seemed to freeze the very air around it. She could feel the icy chill seeping into her skin, but she didn't allow it to distract her.

 

With a determined expression etched onto her face, Meng Lin slowly raised her arms, her fingers curled into tight fists. Her body started to glow subtly and black scales began to appear on her skin.

 

Her nails extended into sharp claws, giving her an intimidating aura as the beast before her. A serpent head formed from her back, its fangs bared threateningly.

 

Hiss

 

The wind howled with the hissing sound of a snake along with the thunderous roar of the crystal lizard, the atmosphere was thick with tension and the anticipation within Meng Lin for the impending battle was palpable.

 

She took a deep breath, steadying her shaking nerves. She couldn't afford to lose her composure now. She quickly activated the Wrath of Thunder technique, and her body was instantly cloaked in a veil of rumbling lightning. The bright blue arcs of electricity danced around her, illuminating the icy glacial floor with their radiant glow.

 

Within her hand, a sword appeared with intricate designs etched into the blade, its blade itself was gleaming with a brilliant blue light that matched her aura, it was the High-Grade Weapon, Mystic Luner Sword, she felt now was an appropriate time to use it.

 

Roar!!!

 

The Crystal Lizard was observing Meng Lin and the moment she took out her weapon, it let out a menacing growl, its icy breath crystallizing in the frosty air. The Lizard's eyes, as blue as the surrounding glaciers, were fixed on Meng Lin, and suddenly its crystal body disappeared.

 

Thump!

 

Meng Lin's heart jolted as she raised her sword and slashed with the technique of Thunderbolt Flash using all her might toward the open jaws of crystal teeth before her.

 

Boom!!!

 

The collision of Meng Lin's sword against the crystal teeth resulted in a deafening explosion of noise and energy. Meng Lin smashed onto the ground and was thrown back, creating a small ravine on the ground.

 

She staggered back from the crevice of the icy floor and her hands were numb from the impact, but surprisingly the mystic Luner Sword was not damaged, in fact she could see that the sword had managed to leave a scar on one of the Lizard's crystal teeth.

 

' the difference in strength is way more than I thought, I need...'

 

Roar!!

 

Meng Lin was wakened up from her thought as she saw a large 5-meter spike coming her way from the distance, She barely had any time to react as she quickly propelled herself into the air using a burst of energy from her feet. The spike missed her by a hair's breadth, smashing into the ice below and sending shards flying in all directions.

 

While in mid-air, Meng Lin performed a lightning-quick somersault, re-orienting herself towards the Crystal Lizard, with a swift downward motion, she slashed towards the Crystal Lizard with lighting speed.

“Thunderbolt Flash”

 

Crackle!!

 

A giant crescent arc of lightning slashed through the air, emanating from Meng Lin's sword. The electrifying energy crackled and sizzled, cutting through the air with incredible speed, aiming directly at the Crystal Lizard.

 

Roar!!

 

The Crystal Lizard let out a deafening roar as the giant crescent arc of lightning struck its crystal body. The intense energy coursed through the creature, causing its form to flicker and tremble. But to Meng Lin's surprise, the Crystal Lizard seemed unfazed.

 

With a swift swipe of its tail, the Crystal Lizard shattered the lightning arc, sending bolts of electricity scattering in all directions.

 

Meng Lin's heart raced as she landed on the ground, she braced herself for the incoming assault. But instead of launching a physical attack, the Crystal Lizard opened its gaping mouth and began to gather intense amounts of energy, the air became stiff as bright rays of light lit the whole area.

 

Poonn!!!

 

A blinding explosion erupted from the Crystal Lizard's mouth, releasing a powerful beam of pure energy. The beam streaked across the icy landscape in an instant and Meng Lin became enveloped as she didn't have any time to react.

 

As the blinding explosion subsided, Meng Lin felt a sudden chill engulf her body. She tried to look down but realized that she couldn't move her head, inwardly she gasped in horror as she realized that she couldn't move an inch of her body. Her body had become completely frozen, encased in a thick layer of ice.

 

Not just her but the whole 100-meter area was the same.

Panic surged through Meng Lin as she tried to break free from her icy prison. She tried to struggle and thrash around but the ice held her captive, rendering her immobile and helpless.

 

GRRR!

 

The Crystal Lizard loomed over her, its gleaming crystal eyes filled with malice and triumph. It let out a deep, resonating growl, a chilling sound that reverberated through the frozen landscape. Its victory was complete, having trapped its formidable opponent in a state of immobility.

 

Meng Lin's mind raced and she was ready to enter the brute qi stage when she saw something within her vision that made her feel cold to her bones.

 

From behind the Crystal Lizard, the ground opened up and an imposing head with slit pupils emerged, the sight of which made the blood freeze in her veins. It was a snake, a colossal beast, pure white in color, its scales glistening like diamonds under the dim moonlight, it was a Rank 4 Beast, A White Crystal Serpent.

 

As soon as the White Crystal Serpent emerged, the frigid air grew colder and the Crystal Lizard seemed to realize as it raised its head to look around, however it was too late.

 

Chomp!!

 

The White Crystal Serpent's massive jaws clamped down on the Crystal Lizard, its razor-sharp teeth piercing through the icy exterior. The Crystal Lizard let out a deafening cry of pain as its body shattered into countless pieces, scattering across the frozen landscape.

As the Crystal Lizard's shattered pieces fell to the ground, something unexpected happened. The shards began to glow with a brilliant light, and before Meng Lin's eyes, they started to gather before flashing with a white light.

 

Thud!!

 

ROAR!!!

 

To her amazement, the Crystal Lizard was not defeated. It emerged from the white light with a wrathful gaze towards the serpent, it was enraged.

 

Crystal Armor began to cover its body inch by inch, and its aura intensified casting a mesmerizing glow across the frozen landscape.

 

The Crystal Lizard's eyes blazed with fury as it faced off against the White Crystal Serpent. Its massive tail thrashed about, sending shards of ice flying in all directions. The ground trembled beneath its feet as it readied itself for another attack.

 

With a thunderous roar, the Crystal Lizard lunged forward, its crystalline claws slicing through the air toward its enemy. The White Crystal Serpent, however, seemed to have expected this as It coiled its massive body with its scales shimmering with a protective barrier, it bared its fangs and struck with its tail at lightning speed.

 

Peng!!

 

The clash of the titans sent shockwaves through the glacial floor, causing cracks to form and ice to splinter. Each strike from the Crystal Lizard was met with a swift and agile counterattack from the tail of the White Crystal Serpent.

 

Rumble!!

 

Meng Lin, still encased in the ice felt the ground shake as the behemoths fight. She didn't know what to do now, if she set herself free then she could draw the attention of both creatures but if she didn't then she risks being caught in one of their clashes, which would undoubtedly spell trouble for her, she was in a dilemma.

 

8