Chapter 1: Mortals
3k 2 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Yuan Dynasty Imperial capital, a young girl stood with deep eyes, she was clothed in a black robe with long hair which fell on her shoulders, melancholic feeling exuded from her body, making one wonder who she was.

This girl was Meng Lin, she wasn't someone from this world, in reality she grew up on earth and was an up and coming university student, but all was changed when she was hit by a truck on her way from school to wake up in an ancient looking bedroom.

After she opened her eyes she was suddenly bombarded with memories, from then on her soul fused with the Meng Lin in the imperial city, but her identity wasn't simple, her father is the prime minister of the yuan dynasty and is looked favorably by the emperor thus Meng Lin had been given time to come to terms of her situation.

Thanks to her fathers position, Meng Lin had access to a lot of information about what kind of world she is in, and from what she saw it looks like ancient china, she also discovered something which made her especially excited, in this world immortal cultivation existes.

It's common knowledge amongst the masses for example Meng Lin is already being recruited by a sect, and both her father and mother could cultivate and she also knows that the imperial family is a major family from a sect of immortals.

'It's tomorrow that i will be beginning my cultivation journey' Meng Lin is rather excited about that since she arrived in this world. 'i mean who wouldn't want to be immortal and fly around the sky freely, i loved cultivation novels back on earth'.

Back on earth Meng Lin was an orphan but in this world he she has a family, so she doesn't regret being here.

Meng Lin had been walking around the imperial city with some guards for some time and was bored, thus began to walk back to their family's mansion, they lived in the east of the imperial city.

Meng Lin arrived back home just in time to eat, but just when she entered her room, she saw a man with his back turned to her, the man exuded a scholarly aura and seems to be someone capable, as he turned you could see that he had a stern face but when facing Meng Lin only affection was seen from the depth of his profound eyes.

This person is Meng Lin's father and the prime minister of the yuan dynasty, Meng Long.

"Lin'er you're here" Meng Long had a slight smile on his face as he looked at Meng Lin, His daughter has always been a calm and enigmatic individual since her youth, and she also possess a noble and stable aura which made her look distinguished.

"Yes father, your daughter has just returned."Meng Lin still possesses the memories of the previous owner thus she knows how to interact with her father.

"Good, i need to speak to you about something important, the day has finally come for you to start your cultivation, but first let's sit while we talk"

He sat down at the table in the room while gesturing for Meng Lin to sit.

After observing his daughter for a moment Ming Long nodded his head and began to speak.

"First let me tell you of the origin of our family nine hundred years ago when our ancestor was saved by an immortal when he was a kid, back then he didn't even have a surname, he lived his life as an orphan, the immortal took him as a disciple and gave him a name which then started our family"

"The sect that our Ancestor joined is called the Levitation Sect but you'll learn more about it in the future when you reach the sect tomorrow to join as an outer sect disciple, no matter who your parents are no one can skip the stage of outer disciples"

"For promotion into upper ranks you need to be in a higher realm and make contribution to the sect" Meng Lin's father than paused than inquired to Meng Lin with his eyes to see if she had any questions.

"Father what are the different realms that you speak of" Meng Lin knew what the realms were but she wanted to know from her father as realms have different names in different novels.

"I'm not allowed to tell you too much but I'll tell you of the first and second realm, the first realm is the Qi gathering realm,the objective in this realm is to absorb spiritual Qi in your body and strengthen your dantian, once you reach the peak of the Qi Gathering Realm you can enter in the Foundation Realm, but don't rush, even geniuses take four years to reach peak Qi gathering realm"

After that her father explained other things about cultivation, but Meng Lin without any knowledge of them couldn't understand thus could only memorize.

The father and daughter duo continued to speak for the rest of the day, and Meng Long told Meng Lin to go ready herself before the appointed hour.

62