Chapter 21: Bizarre Experience
714 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**3 days later **
**Westmount Valley **

Meng Lin was siting by the side of the pool, lost in though, the system had said that new functions would be unlocked when she breaks through to new realms, meaning that the system can’t process without her, but the opposite is also true.

She had read a book or two where in the end the system turns out to be the main villain but at her current point she doubts that she needed to worry about that, her realm was progressing fast but she had attributed that to her special physique.

Which made her wonder how she got it in the first place, it’s not like the physique had anything to do with her system or herself from earth.

Physique means your body composition, which would mean that it was either from her family, random mutation or a higher power.

And speaking of her family, she had no recollection of her mother, when she had arrived to this world she was always with her father and the memories of her mother were fuzzy.

She would have to ask her father about her mother when she had the chance.

Raising her hand she gathered her brute qi into her hand. She had noticed the four properties that this energy has.

The first is that it doesn’t combine with anything else, and would just destroy said thing if tried.

Second the brute qi in her dantian would increase as her realm increases, thirdly is that it blocks attacks depending on the amount of qi she puts in her shield surrounding her body.

And four she can use the brute qi for any technique in her arsenal which increases their damage considerably.

Thinking of ways to make it even more useful, she had thought of filling up her dantian with just brute qi and trying to liquify it to turn it into liquid qi.

But she had determined that it wouldn’t work based on the fact that it’s chaotic, trying to turn it into something else doesn’t work, and even if it was possible it would take years upon years just to fill up her dantian with just liquid brute qi.

Luckily she was able to have this much freedom in the sect, from what she has seen, the sect doesn’t consider qi gathering realm cultivators that important and they only bother with those at the peak of the realm or those from special families.

She had noticed that they encourage outer sect diciples to cultivate but they don’t do anything like giving rewards to help with their growth progress, she assumed that only the inner sect diciples would get that privilege.

“System”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Qi Gathering Realm 9 Stage]

[Experience points: 100%/43%]

System coin:280

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 9%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 9%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash]

[Market]

Going through the system market she looked for anything that might help develop something that was on her mind since she had gotten the system.

An army, or more specifically subordinates, she had long realized that having underlings make things easier sometimes, the system is the perfect equipment for creating such things.

But the only thing remotely close to something like that in the system market is a single pill.

[Qi Realm Origin Essence]

Consuming it makes any normal person a peak qi gathering realm cultivator, but they can’t ever cultivate past that realm.

900: System coin

The cost is high and there are downsides to consuming the pill, she obviously hadn’t considered buying something like that.

She could only put the thought at the back of her mind, getting up from her seated position she looked at the center of the pool where the lutos flower was.

She had been avoiding getting in contact with it because she assumed that the source of all this qi from the pool was this flower, and plucking it might cause some unnecessary things.

Walking out of the cave she looked towards sky and the sun was still up, today she had finished her practice early as she wanted to throughly check the whole valley.

For the past few days that she had been here, she had not encountered a single spirit beast.

Her last encounter was with that black snake and judging by the fact that it was a rank two spirit beast which was equivalent to foundation establishment realm cultivators she had assumed that it went on a killing spreed, devouring almost every rank 1 spirit beast around, or the rest were scared away to other areas.

Leisurely jumping through the trees Meng Lin was wondering why such a bizarre thing like that had happened in such a low grade area which should only have rank 1 spirit beasts.

Looking from tree to tree and to hidden areas all around the valley, she had not seen a single creature in the forest of trees, going by the waterfall she checked the whole stream up the fall but to no avail, that too was empty with not even a single aquatic life.

Seeing no spirit beast she wasn’t all that worried as she already had assumptions, she could only go back to the sect after collecting the flowers for her mission.

Lately she’s been collecting them and stacking up a little amount of sect contribution points just to not seem suspicious.

34