Chapter 31: Child Prodigy
653 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Meanwhile**

At the Venue, across the seats gasps of shock and surprise were being uttered as everyone looked towards the stage that had a projection of what was currently happening in the desert.

A sect elder of the levitation sect, an old man wearing all black suddenly became furious at what was happening at the stage.

He released massive qi around his body and jumped from his seat towards the stage.

Peng

He came with force as he collided with a barrier surrounding the stage.

“Stop this madness now Lu Yung” the old man said as he banged on the barrier with his hands.

Not receiving an answer he started gathering qi, he intended to release the full power of a cultivator at the peak of the Soul Wondering Realm.

“Enough elder Weng, you are making a scene” suddenly a voice was heard through the sky making everyone at the venue look up.

Slowly levitating towards the venue, both sect masters from the Levitation Sect and Raging Flame Sect descended upon the crowd next to their respective seats.

“How can you say that Sect Master Xin Riu, you would let one of your inherent diciples die like this” the old man said in anger as he pointed at the barrier that currently holds his diciple.

He starting screaming at the barrier “Lu Yung, Is this not a competition between sects, why are they killing each other”

A soft voice replied from the stage “This whole ordeal started with you diciple attacking first so shouldn’t he take responsibility”

Hearing this made the old man even more angry as he began releasing large amounts of qi into his surroundings preparing to use a technique.

‘Enough’

Suddenly a voice reverberated across the whole venue shaking everyone into their core.

The atmosphere changed and a looming pressure began to be felt by everyone, a massive hole opened up in the sky before a massive face formed from within it.

Seeing that face all levitation sect members got up before bowing their heads.

“””We greet you First Grand Elder”””

“Hmm” the old man muttered as he looked towards the stage, standing on the stage was a girl in white bowing towards him and looking towards her right he saw a woman standing crossed arm gazing deep into his eyes.

Taking his eyes off the stage, he looked at the whole venue before looking towards Elder Weng who was also bowing down “enough of your childish behavior, you are a sect elder, act with dignity”

“You didn’t think that we had already foreseen something like this, what do you think the purpose of the jade coins were.”

“Proceed with the competitions” said the First Grand Elder as he slowly dissipated from the hole before it closed up in the sky, taking along with it the pressure that descended upon everyone there.

**The Stage**

Thud

Dong Yi signed a little seeing Weng Feng drop to the ground, he does not like mindlessly killing but he does not like what this person was doing, besides he wanted to see the results.

And he was not disappointed as right after Weng Feng dropped to the ground a green light suddenly emerged from his body, enveloping him and causing the whole place to be brightly lit in green.

“Ugh”

Looking at the sudden bright light, Dong Yi felt a slight pain to his eyes before covering his face with his hand, a second later he noticed that the light was dimming down and disappeared along with the body of Weng Feng.

‘So I was right in thinking that you are protected after coming here or at the very least you don’t die’ Dong Yi thought as he looked at the small hole in the sand where Weng Feng used to be at.

But he didn’t fully trust those thoughts of his as the green light might just be a sign that you are being taken back to the stage.

Looking at where he left the others he spread his spiritual consciousness to check up on their situation before looking at the a specific area next to the forest in the distance.

‘Senior brother Shin had better make this worth it’ Dong Yi thought as he started walking back towards his group.

A few miles in the sky was, across a few meters in length was a large floating stage that was obscured by the clouds in the sky and sitting atop that stage was Lu Yung who had her eyes closed.

Suddenly a burst of green light came at the edge of the stage before revealing Weng Feng lying on the floor.

At the moment, Lu Yung’s thoughts seemed to be elsewhere as she was sitting crossed legged on the floor where qi was constantly swerving around her.

Her consciousness was spread afar covering the few dozen miles of this whole dimension, making her know what was going on at all times.

Currently she was ‘gazing’ on the forest, and she was able to see the whole forest in all it’s beauty.

She was able to notice things to the minute detail as nothing could escape from her gaze.

She focused on the center of the forest and watched as the small little group of sect diciples that seemed to be sitting down unmoving suddenly started to move and spread out.

At the center of the forest was the glowing sphere that still seemed release endless energy.

A group of 25 peoples were sitting next to it and preparing for the plan that was about to commence.

“Let’s go”

Standing up Lu Xun commanded for the others to follow her as she walked towards the desert with her Que atop her shoulder.

Following her was the twins and Lin Luan along with 10 other inner sect diciples, some of which seemed to be the most confident among them.

Standing at the center of the inner sect diciples was a young boy that seemed to be about 12 years old, he had a carefree expression on his face as he walked along with the others.

But had Meng Lin been there she would have had a face full of shock as this was her senior brother Li that was stationed at room next to the mission board.

Gong Ruo remained seated along with Long Xun and the 10 remaining inner sect diciples, as they prepare themselves for any upcoming battles.

Had it not been for the fox spirit beast on Lu Xun’s shoulder and the little prodigy, Gong Rou would not have trusted this group with the success of this plan.

However he does not believe that they have the fighting force capable of overwhelming the raging flame sect diciples, and yet he was not worried for their safety as he would be watching
over them.

Sprinting a few minutes out of the forest Lu Xun and the others were able to finally reach the edge of the forest where all that was in front of them was sand.

The whole desert seemed to be an endless sea of sand and dust, with no end in sight as it spread out before her, and with her spiritual consciousness she could only cover about one tenth of the desert.

Lu Xun sighed at the thought of her strength, had she been a Soul Wondering Realm cultivator she might have been able to cover at least three times more of the desert.

Shaking her head she put the thought at the back of her mind as she looked over her shoulder.

“Que would be fighting all 3 of the Soul Wondering Realm cultivators on the enemy’s side, but she should be ok with Gong Ruo’s arrows, so i am counting on you four to make it count”

She said as she looked at the the twins and Lin Luan who nodded their heads, turning her head to the back she looked at the young boy with an expectant smile on her face.

“We are expecting a lot out of you Lin Hua, as the first ranker of the inner sect diciples, your strength will come in handy,”

The surrounding diciples all nodded their heads remembering what they had seen of Lin Hua.

The Child Prodigy, he was the youngest diciple to reach the Gold Core Realm, and that opinion was shared by all across the Yuan Kingdom with it’s vast majority of cultivators from it’s 9 sects.

But it was more than that, he was amongs the few in the sect with a heavenly physique.

“I’ll make sure to not disappointed you senior sister Lu” the boy named Lin Hua said as he nodded his head confidently.

“But i think that senior brother Ren could do better than me” he added.

“Ren Ming” Lu Xun said with raised eyebrows as she looked towards the very back of the inner sect diciples.

Standing at the back of the sect diciples was a man clothed in a black robe that had a smile on his face, he was giving off a friendly disposition to anyone who look at him.

Releasing her spiritual consciousness towards him, Lu Xun didn’t notice any abnormalities or unique things about him so she furrowed her brows in confusion.

He was just a cultivator on the edge of breaking through to the Gold Core Realm which was not that much different from the others.

“If Lin Hua respects you then you must be a good fighter, you will be leading the inner sect diciples then” Lu Xun said as she looked at the man.

“Hmm, I will do my best” Ren Ming said as he clasped his hands in respect.

Lu Xun looked at the man before nodding her head and leading the group, while in her head she was thinking.

‘unlike his sister Lin Luan, Lin Hua was gifted from the beginning with talent, he could have been an inherent diciple had the Lin family allowed it so perhaps this Ren Ming would have been the first ranker had that had happened” Lu Xun thought as she continuously spreads her spiritual consciousness into the distance.

It didn’t matter much to her because the more strong diciples that they have the higher of success that this plan of her will be.

23