Chapter 33: Waiting
605 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Elsewhere**

A pink figure was rigidly running in the desert through the boulders with a heavily breathing, she didn’t stop for a moment until she heard her name being called.

“Lu Yue”

Turning towards the direction, she saw a young man jumping from boulder to boulder coming towards her with a worried expression.

“Tao Tao” seeing someone she knew she finally heaved a sigh of relief as she smiled and walked towards him.

Having lost all her strength, the young girl, Lu Yue was worried that she might be ambushed but with someone to protect her she could finally relax.

“Why do you do things so recklessly, we all could have gone to help” the young man said with a slight anger on his face as he held her up before jumping atop a boulder.

“We can’t afford that, we have to protect the sphere, that was what Senior Brother Shin left us to do” the girl said as she remembered the instructions that they were specifically given after arriving at the desert.

“Huh” the young man said as he suddenly stopped with a confused look on his face.

“What’s the matter” the girl asked after seeing the perplexed look on his face.

“There’s a..”

Crackle

The boulder below them suddenly cracked open and out came spinning blades of wind and metal aiming towards them.

before the girl had time to react, she felt her body being thrown back as she heard a loud explosion behind her.

Boom

**At the same time **

At the center of the desert, standing on a boulder next to the sphere of light, a tall man was looking on into the distance with an excited expression on his face.

Wu Pan had just witnessed Dong Yi’s breakthrough with his spiritual consciousness and he watched on in enthusiasm.

‘having another one in that realm is sure to make us win this competition’ he thought as he recalled the strength shown back to all of them.

Looking around the whole desert, he focused his spiritual consciousness towards Tao Tao who was retrieving the other inherent diciple, Lu Yue.

Swiping across her with his spiritual consciousness, Wu Pan couldn’t help but purse his lips as he wondered why she even cultivated such a technique.

He mused, ‘that technique is very strong but I can’t help but feel it is not worth it’
The user gets no benefits while only causing damage to the body.

Although he was lost in his thoughts he didn’t fail to realize that something had just happened.

Spreading his spiritual consciousness again to confirm, he realized that it was somehow blocked from the direction of those two.

Getting up and picking his Axe, he was about to call to the others before he suddenly felt a small pressure decend upon the whole area.

Releasing a burst of Qi into the air, he broke it and started gathering qi towards his axe.

He looked towards the distance, he noticed a small group of peoples sprinting towards them.

The other diciples also got up seeing the crowd coming, they readied their weapons, and released their spiritual consciousness, preparing themselvs for a possible fight.

Looking closely towards them he realized that it was about a dozen peoples with a girl in white running at the front.

“Is that” Wu Pan said a little worried as he remembered reading the records about her.

Frantically looking over her shoulder, only when he realized that she doesn’t have her spirit beast did his worry dissipate a little.

Knowing that he can’t let them get close, Wu Pan held his axe up over his shoulder before he bellowed out with a deep voice.

“Ceng Mu and Yung Lee, you two protect the sphere, all the others are to engage in combat”

Right as he said that he jumped into the air before raising his axe into the air.

He arrived a few dozen meters from the sphere and called out a powerful name as he slashed down with all his might into the ground right infront of the group of incoming enemy.

“Earth Art, Quake”

Boom

A loud sound resounded from the ground and a strong tremor quaked the area, everyone firmly held their legs on the ground as the attack had created a large crater on the desert floor, making any further movement impossible.

“Huff..” Wu Pan breathed out as he started gathering his Qi, he was about to lunge towards the girl in the group before he heard a soft voice coming from the girl.

“Secret Art, Extremity Fang”

Swish

Suddenly, a small black blade coated in black Qi abruptly shot out from her hand before approaching within the distance, it moved fast as it appeared right before his face.

Clang

Bringing up his axe to defend against the attack, he was met with the large force behind the attack as his whole body was blown back a few meters away from the others.

Finding his balance in the air he looked towards the others where they had already started clashing blades with each other, they were outnumbered and yet the enemy was not being overpowered by his own sect diciples.

Because from the enemy side was a man that was single handling going against 4 diciples, while telling the others what to do.

Gritting his teeth he was about to jump back into the fray before he suddenly heard a voice behind him.

“You should be looking towards me” a soft voice called out from behind him making him suddenly turn around in anticipation for an attack.

But nothing came as he looked around, standing there was a woman attired in black robe with a sword in hand and a mysterious cold aura.

“Damn it” he said as he charged towards her with his axe raised in the air, crashing it down, he was surprised to find it blocked by the girl with little difficulty.

Looking at her sword which was coated in a black substance he yelled out before swinging from side to side, trying to find an opening through her sword.

The girl merely stood there as she brushed aside his wild blows and then she gripped her sword with both her hands as she struck back at him with the point of her sword.

Boom

Instantly a powerful force was unleashed as the sword pierced through the air and made contact with him, though he had managed to receive the blow with his Axe again, he was blown back a few meters again.

Tumbling across the floor he dragged his Axe across the sand, lessening the force of the tumble.

“If I could just hold on for a little while” Wu Pan thought as he realized that he could not land a heavy enough blow to end this battle fast.

**Elsewere**

“You’re Weak” a voice was heard from a battlefield as blood was being thrown with every movement that was made.

The girl in pink, Lu Yue was standing far away from a bloodied battlefield as she stared feeling guilt and hatred toward herself.

She was forced to watch like a damsel in distress when she could have contributed significantly had she not decide too soon.

Clang

Clang

Dozens of flying swords came flying through the air as their target revealed itself to be a bloodied figure that was maneuvering through them with ease.

Tao Tao chuckled as he looked towards the young boy that was currently standing a few meters away from him.

“You really are weak” he taunted again as he kept dodging through the flying swords, his left arm was mangled while the rest of his body was not far behind.

He was hit hard by that sneak attack but after having received that attack his opponent couldn’t land another attack on him anymore.

It prompted him to be cocky and arrogant again, after all, most of his techniques were all speed based and he doesn’t believe anyone in the same realm can outperform him in that category.

The young boy felt a little irritated having been spending the past few minutes not landing an attack on Tao Tao,

Being belittled like this was a first so he started gathering all his flying swords fusing them together, forming into a big sickle with blades on all sides.

Not bothering to call out the full technique name, he said.

“Scythe”

In which a blinding light came from the sickle before turning into a blood red scythe that was releasing a dark aura.

Flicking his hand towards Tao Tao, the boy had a cold expression on his face as he sent the scythe hurtling towards the bloodied Tao Tao who surprisingly showed a smirk on his face before raising his able arm in the air to call out.

“Secret Art”

“Reflect”

19