Chapter 38: Meng Lin’s Problems
612 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early morning at the peak of the sun, across the quiet caves of the outer sect disciples courters a figure slowly rose from a runny stream that was situated near one of the disciple caves, she walked out of the streams before taking a long breath.

Meng Lin had just finished with her now daily routine as she stood up with water dripping through her wet robe, raising her hand a fiery wind blew across her body throwing her jet black hair into the air as it left it in disarray.

Finished with drying herself she looked around before heading back to her cave, she had a light smile on her face as she walked back, musing over what she had just been through.

Closing the cave door behind her she sat through the luminescent light in the darkness as she thought about what her next step would be.

She wanted to test herself or at the least know her limits with this new realm before she could proceed with something that she had her mind on.

Thinking back to her fights with the puppets she realized that she had still not learned how to fly on a flying sword which could prove to be fetal in some situations.

All the swords that were currently in her possession were not strong enough to withstand the constant qi that would be coursing through them so she would need something else.

As far as she had witnessed only disciples at the 3 late stages of Qi gathering realm were equipped with flying sword and of course the foundation realm cultivators would have them as she remembered that senior brother that had brought her to the sect.

She sighed as she was honestly getting annoyed with hiding her strength from the sect.

She knew that she could survive on her own without being in a sect but at the thought of her father who brought her here and the unknown possibilities that would come with leaving the sect she decided to wait until she had enough strength.

She had noticed another flaw within herself while she had been fighting those puppets on the cliff, she had become scared after the battle, scared that she had finally killed a person in this new life.

She was no idiot as she knew of the life that entails after coming to this world and she was no stranger to death having watched a few moments of real killings from her past life but she always knew that watching and participating in the events would be completely different.

‘Well sighing and worrying about it will do me no good, I can only hope that the end result of my actions will be worth it’ she thought as she remembered the wonders feeling she gets while imagining the peak of the cultivation world.

“Hah, system”

[Meng Lin]

[special physique: Brute Qi physique]

[Foundation Establishment Stage(early)]

[Experience points: 8%]

System coin:1490

Taoist Gacha wheel: unavailable

[Spiritual root]

[Water>Fire>Gold>Wood>Earth]

[Mutated spirit root]
[Mud]
Comprehension 35%
[Erosion]
Comprehension 35%

[Cultivation methods: Basic Qi Gathering] [Focused Qi control] [Waterfall slash] [Refine Yin Qi] [Surge] [Thunderbolt Flash] [Formless Cultivation method]
[Market]

“This percentage seems to be increasing steadily with each time that I use the formless talisman, the first time granted me 10 while the second time granted me 11 and now this third try added 14 more percentages to the initial 21 percentage, I wonder if all my comprehension is increasing or just my comprehension of this particular subject is growing the more I use the talisman”
Meng Lin asked nobody in particular as she closed her eyes and began meditating, she had made it a habit to start doing these ever so often.

Losing track of time in her timeless cave she woke up a few hours later before taking a long breath as she finally got up from her seated position.

Thinking for a moment she slowly started taking off her robe along the next layer of clothing after that she she checked the wounds that she had been inflicted with.

As she cannot see the wound on her back she could only take out a shiny sword from her storage bag as she position it to her back and try to see the reflection off the item.

The wound on her back was still there and had scarred over with the edges slowly peeling off and revealing new skin, looking down at her left thigh she realized that the wound seemed to be barely visible as it seemed to have healed way faster than the scar on her back.

Taking a new set of robes from her storage bag she dressed herself into a new gray outfit with an air of mystery around as she walked out of the door to her cave.

Her goal being the outer sect hall or more specifically the mission board of the outer sect hall, she wanted to try her luck with a new area that she could use for figuring out her full strength.

Walking down the mountain she went through the system as she took out a worn out talisman.

The cultivation suppression talisman that had been with her since the day that the system was activated.

She had been using it every time that she needed to be in public so she didn’t care of the way it looked, more so if there was a limit to it as it was getting worn out.

Putting the talisman under her robe she suppressed herself again as she went to the outer sect hall which didn’t take much time before she set foot into the building.

As always it seemed to be bustling with activity with a few disciples running around the place, remembering a place that she frequented she thought to check it out and see if she could find herself any disguises.

But as she reaches the place that says *outer disciples shop *she was surprised to see a sign before it stating that it would not be available for a few days, she found that weird but thinking nothing of it she went back to the mission board as she wasn’t really worried for a disguise.

Looking over the board which seemed to have a few intriguing locations she took a paper that she liked from the board before storing it inside her storage bag.

walking out of the sect hall she decided to head straight to the location on the paper as she had nothing else to do.

27