Chapter 51: Lightning Tribulation
470 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
How is the story so far
  • Great Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Good Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Mid Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Bad Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Very Bad Votes: 2 2.6%
Total voters: 77

ROAR!!

Trees fell under the path of 3 bellowing apes as they released large amounts of energy that seemed to carry with them a terrifying pressure.

The fastest of them being the leader as it arrived before Meng Lin way ahead of the others.

After arriving, it reached out with one of its arms towards her, gathering terrifying qi force into its hand before swiping down towards her in a frightening motion.

Peng

A recoil resounded as the tree under Meng Lin was torn apart with herself and her axe being blown away like a rag doll a few meters back.

Boom

A small crater formed on one of the trees as a green light emerged at her
impact point shaking the surrounding trees with a small shockwave.

Roar

The domineering monkey leader roared into the sky with anger and fury before launching itself onto the distant tree where Meng Lin had landed.

Arriving before the tree, it turned its massive leg in the air before bringing it down with shocking force.

Peng

The tree turned rigid before collapsing with the ape not stopping its leg and raising it and stomping down again and again unto the crater of the tree even when it felt hard recoils from its stomp.

Roar

Roar

Two roars sounded in the distance as the two late apes jumped through the trees before finally arriving at their leader’s earlier point of attack, the area which housed their dead companions.

They were about to pass the area and catch up to their leader when both of them heard a soft calm voice behind them.

“Waterfall slash”

Crack!

The sound of a blade cracking accompanied the soft voice as both of them felt an alarming crisis behind them.

They brought out their spiritual energy but to no avail as a sharp crescent slash of chaotic qi tore through the both of them before traveling to their leader ahead not losing it’s power in the least.

Boom

A shocking explosion ensued as the attack landed on the ape leader, the explosion covered a large area as any tree in the 10 meter perimeter was cut down and torn apart with a large crater being formed on the ground.

Landing on the ground Meng Lin looked upon the scene of her own doing with a worried expression.

In her hand was the half broken down axe that only had a small part remaining but her focus seems to be on something else.

She was hoping that the Dragon Jade Seal under the foot of the ape leader could withstand the brute Qi being produced and react to the one stored inside of it.

She had used over half of her brute qi in that one attack so she was not surprised at how she was able to kill two unarmed rank 2 beast at the peak stage, she was more worried for her new weapon.

It has the unique ability to shift places with the user and the ability to store qi inside it as well as having fast transportation speed.

Meng Lin was fond of her new weapon and wanted to keep it for as long as possible since the system market only had that one.

She had shifted places with the Dragon Jade Seal has soon as she realized how overwhelming the leader of the apes was.

She felt a sense of urgency the moment she was blasted by the ape, it was what caused her to implement this new strategy.

ROAR!!

But of course she also knew that it was not going to be enough as the beast was too strong to be defeated by a sneak attack and yet she showed a shocked face as she witnessed something that was unexpected.

“This is”

her heart thumped hard and she released her spiritual consciousness, with a shocked face Meng Lin confirmed that the ape had survived but what was more surprising was the size of the ape which had doubled and a small speck of gold light in its chest releasing bursts of energy, she had not seen it before but she was sure that it was a the formation of a gold core.

“No wonder the lamp showed you to be the strongest in this mountain”

Roar!!

The ape roared once again releasing a wave of energy that shook the ground, it’s focus seemed elsewhere as it roared into the sky.

The sky started forming clouds upon clouds and they gradually began quaking with thunderstorms as the area darkened.

Meng Lin contained her surprise look before she too looked up at the clouds in the sky, her heart pounded and she felt fear.

Thunder flashed all around and her eyes opened wide, she felt a presence descend upon the area, a presence that didn’t belong to this world.

The enormous ape and Meng Lin stared at the clouds swirling and expanding, before a bolt of thunder flashed before their eyes.

Boom

Roar!

Meng Lin watched as thunder rolled through the area after a bolt of thunder struck down upon the ape, the ape roared in pain while the small speck in it’s chest grew a little bigger.

Boom

The ape roared as it experienced another wave of thunderbolt, its furs were being burnt and its eyes held a fearful fury within them.

Boom

Meng Lin watched on with a nervous excitement as she saw an opportunity arise from the situation.

She was witnessing one of the greatest challenges of spiritual beings and she knew the rewards of overcoming this obstacles.

She was sure that once the ape becomes a rank 3 spirit beast then she would have no way of protecting herself nor escaping the beast.

Boom

But she can use it to her advantage, she just had to kill the beast before he overcomes this lighting tribulation.

If she remembered correctly then there is only three thunderbolts left, and if she wants to strike then the second to last would be the perfect moment.

Boom

Once again a thunderbolt struck down accompanied by the roar of the ape, the apes body was burned with patches of smoked flesh being revealed, energy raged on his body and he roared out in pain.

The ape realized the situation that it was in, it had witnessed it before, it just had to endure two more and then it would truly would have no equal.

It roared up against the heaven in defiance even with the large amount of pain in its eyes, it’s just a few more it thought.

Boom

Roar! It roared once again as it felt the lighting coursing through it’s body, it was covered in more wounds than ever before but it felt more spiritual intensity then ever before, the small speck of gold had turned into a core and now needed only this last thunderbolt to polish it.

The lightning bolts in the sky gathered themselves for one last attack and the ape below readied itself for one more.

It took one last breath before it would begin the process of being reborn anew yet that thought was short lived as a voice was heard in between the quaking of thunder.

“Waterfall Slash”

22