Chapter 65: Metamorphosis
394 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ha”

Meng Lin breathed heavily as her body lost all brute energy, within her hands was the remains of the Dragon Jade Seal, having been reduced to just a few shards.

Infront of her was a large slash across the ground that traveled for a few dozen meters, creating a small gap on the mountain.

Crouching down due to the straining pain on her shoulder, she released her spiritual consciousness into the area, making sure not to lower her guard.

“Gurr”

“Hmm” Meng Lin’s gaze harden as she noticed something, within the range of her spiritual consciousness, she saw the figure of the demonic beast.

‘It’s still alive’ Meng Lin thought as she focused more onto the beast with her spiritual consciousness, it was about 30 meters away from her, having withstood her attack to the end.

Across it’s body was a giant cut right in the middle that traveled from her human torso to the back of the demonic spider body, it should have been cut in half and yet it was not dead.

ROAR!!

The human head on the spider yelled with a big roar and dark qi suddenly burst from within his body, covering the surrounding area with dangerous force.

On it’s chest was a core that was starting to glow in gold, and within seconds it completely formed.

Rumble

Rumble

The sky above rumbled and roared as the rain drops became more intense, and from within all that roar a presence appeared from the heavens.

Meng Lin looked at the sky feeling the presence appear with a weight lifted from her chest.

She had used her strongest move possible with the brute qi and the demonic beast still wasn’t dead, so naturally with no place to escape she worried for her life.

However, now with the incredible damage that she had inflicted upon the demonic beast, she wouldn’t be surprised if it dies within the first few strikes of the heavenly tribulation lightning that would surely descend.

She held a smiling expression as she stood up straight, she watched as thunder roared in the darkened clouds before something astonishing happened.

The presence which appeared for a brief moment has suddenly disappeared, the thunder clouds up above began to disappear as all that came down was rain.

“How can this be” Meng Lin said as she looked at the lightning in the clouds receding before looking at the demonic beast further away.

The gold core on its chest was formed but it still haven’t fully undergone a tribulation, the demonic beast didn’t seem to have even noticed what was happening as it roared once again with newfound strength.

Boom

A field of energy was released with the demonic spider as the center, its whole body started to crawl together as it seemed to be undergoing its own unique transformation.

From it’s dark energy field strands of qi began turning into spider silks as in a few seconds, the whole demonic beast was encased in a cocoon of spider silks.

Sensing the shift in the demonic beast’s energy Meng Lin began to run, however against all expectations she ran towards the demonic beast’s cocoon.

With the support of her remaining normal qi Meng Lin ran as fast as she could, appearing before the cocoon in a few seconds.

With sweat running down her face Meng Lin stretched out her hand towards the cocoon before a large suction force began to surround her hand.

It was her last chance, she was sure that the demonic beast was about to breakthrough into the next realm, so while it’s still in its metamorphosis, she wanted to suck it inside her inventory before it was too late.

Her inventory can work on weaker beings even if they want to resist, however any stronger being could easily resist the suction force coming from her hand.

That is if they resist, so while it’s not able to do anything Meng Lin thought to bet everything at stake and store it inside her inventory.

After it’s stored inside her inventory then no matter what was happening to it , it would be frozen in time not undergoing its unique transformation forever.

That was her plan, however like all things in life not everything goes as planned.

Peng

[ERROR]

Meng Lin’s eyes widened as she became genuinely shocked, the system inventory wasn’t working, and what is this prompt.

Her thoughts suddenly became a jumble as there was nothing that she can do now, the metamorphosis was finished.

With widened eyes Meng Lin gazed at the cocoon of spider silk suddenly glow with profound power before bursting in a spectacular fashion.

Boom

The force slammed onto Meng Lin who was only a few inches from the cocoon sending her flying like a ragdoll.

Thud

“Ugh” Meng Lin’s eyes opened with unclearly before she forced herself to get up with difficulty, her body felt heavy while her whole right hand went numb.

Her left shoulder had a hole in it thus making it difficult to move it and now her right hand which had been stretched out to touch the cocoon was severely injured to the point of going numb.

Fortunately she had not broken any bones from that small explosion, however she doesn’t know if she should call her current situation fortunate.

For the first time in Meng Lin’s cultivation journey, she encountered a moment where everything was not going her way.

Her last attack with the brute Qi didn’t work, her plan to use the heavenly tribulation also didn’t work and now her plan to use her system inventory has backfired against her.

She stood up with difficulty as her robe was tattered with mud and wet from the rain, she had cuts running through it and a few pieces missing.

Her hair held the same appearance as her clothes, now she looks no different from a beggar, the only thing different were her eyes.

Even in this moment her eyes held their purple hue, Meng Lin looked around for a moment before her gaze landed the demonic beast.

However, it seemed that he really has gone through an actual metamorphosis as he looked nothing like before, she was now addressing the demonic spider as a he because he looked more human than ever before.

A few meters from her stood the humanoid figure, a humanoid man completely different from the demonic beast.

The only thing that could connect them now would be the eight spider like limbs coming from his back.

A horn on his head glimmered with new light and he released more power than Meng Lin has ever seen.

His aura seem relaxed and his eyes held a curious intellect as they gazed at the closest being around him once again.

22