Chapter 76: Qi Discharge
389 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Origin Soul Prison**
**Few minutes Earlier**

Meng Lin opened her eyes to the walls of the room, she breathed out as she got done with her meditation, she hadn’t forcused on it but she had noticed something strange.

Her injuries had healed, she remembered how both her legs had holes in them and her forearm was bitten off but she looked at herself now and realized that all of it was gone.

Not just that, even the full body burnt from the Orchid Spring Mountain as well as the injuries from the Westmount Valley.

It seems that she had somehow been healed by the enemy, although it doesn’t change her current situation, it made things eraser for her.

Ooo

She could hear rumbling coming from outside and a feeling of panic filled her whole being and she felt a foreboding feeling envelope her.

She got up to walk to one of the walls when suddenly she felt a violent force pulling her down before hearing a massive boom that left her ears ringing.

For a split second she felt her qi being activated before she watched in shock as the walls of the room lit up with green inscriptions before she heard a deafening noise.

CLANG!!!

A massive noise reverberated throughout the entire room with Meng Lin feeling it spread to her bones.

“Caugh”

She coughed up blood as her head became filled with the ringing sound of the room, she couldn’t hear anything in her ears and she felt blood trickling down all her orifices as she struggled to stay conscious.

She tried to move, but her body felt heavy and sluggish, like she was moving through thick mud.

She realized that if her body had not been strengthen, then with her cultivation then she would undoubtably be dead.

She closed her eyes and focused on herself, trying to think of something when suddenly, she felt a surge of energy coming somewhere.

Opening her eyes she watched in shock as a small crack appeared on the floor, before a blinding light shone through the entire room.

She squinted her eyes as she felt her whole body burning, a small amount of qi entered the room and Meng Lin felt faint from just being in contact with it.

Gasp

Meng Lin suddenly gasped as she felt something inside her dantian, the ancestral symbol which was inactive was glowing with a crimson light and she felt herself bathed in a red light.

She knew then that something was happening outside the room causing the explosions that she had been hearing.

However she doesn’t know of the situation so she focused her qi around her body, trying her best to not die in the process.

The cracks on the floor expanded to cover the whole room before Meng Lin felt the floor crumble as the entire room shattered into pieces it finally caused Meng Lin see the sight beyond the room.

“This is”

Meng Lin gazed in wonder as she tried to make sense of the situation, before her was two cultivators with brilliant amount of qi around their bodies and she felt that she would be killed just being in their presence.

One was a young man with a sword, his aura scattering around to resemble swords as he faced off against a masked individual who’s whole body was covered with a green light with intricate inscriptions flying around him.

She realized that she was floating in the air and quickly tried to regain her composure.

The Soul Prison had shattered into pieces, and without it Meng Lin felt a surge of energy rushing towards her.

Her eyebrows raised as she realized that it was all surging towards the ancestral symbol in her Dantian.

She felt her body being filled with a red and unstable energy that caused her to feel a sense of fear and unease.

She had no knowledge of the effects but she realized that it was too powerful for her to handle.

She struggled to control the energy, but it was like trying to control a raging storm.

It was too chaotic and unpredictable, and she knew that if she didn't do something soon, it wouldn’t bode well for her.

Shing

The aura around her changed and a bright crimson light filled the ruin, Wu Dao and Shang Juan both looked in shock as they realized a massive amount of energy was being gathered.

Energy that of the Foundation Eatablishment Realm but with an aura that made them feel like slight threat.

Meng Lin's eyes glowed with a bright purple hue as she focused all of her willpower on controlling the energy.

She could feel the ancestral symbol in her dantian glowing brighter with each passing moment.

Until finally it reached a breaking point as Meng Lin screamed out with a pained expression before releasing all her qi at once.

Boom!

The energy exploded outwards in a blinding flash of light, covering everything in its path as both Wu Dao and Shang Juan were engulfed.

Rumble

The ruins shook before a massive eruption filled the mountain, causing a huge blaze to erupt into the sky.

Meng Lin fell to the ground, her body exhausted and drained of energy. She had just released all her qi as well as her brute qi and she could finally feel the ancestral symbol slowly settle down, however she felt weak and vulnerable.

As the dust settled, Wu Dao and Shang Juan emerged from the smoke, both looking worse for wear.

Wu Dao was covered in bruises and cuts, while Shang Juan's mask was cracked and his inscriptions were flickering.

They both looked towards Meng Lin, who was lying on the ground, her eyes closed and her body barely moving.

Wu Dao rushed over to her, his heart racing as he checked her pulse. He breathed a sigh of relief as he felt her pulse beating steadily.

"She's alive," he said, his voice filled with relief.

Shang Juan stood nearby, his eyes narrowed as he watched Wu Dao crouched down.

He was about to confront Wu Dao when suddenly he sensed something, gritting his teeth he thought for a second before jumping back to pick up the unconscious figure of Ren Luo.

Inside his spiritual consciousness he detected three groups headed this way so with a reluctant expression he turned to use the small formation upon the floor as a burst of light began covering both him and Ren Luo.

Shang Juan had on a dark expression as he knew what awaited him and Ren Luo however thinking about the pagoda on his waist he calmed down, praising his master for his quick thinking.

He knew that he had underestimated Wu Dao, and that he had paid the price for that.

He silently vowed to never make the same mistake again as his vision became filled with light before his surroundings were replaced with another.

21