Chapter 79: Soul Shattering Sect
372 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin continued to meditate and study her newly acquired inheritance, completely unaware of the discussions taking place within the Soul Shattering Sect.

She opened her eyes and smiled to herself, happy with the knowledge she had gained.

Taking a small moment to look around the place Meng Lin stood up before heading towards the door.

As she stepped outside, she was greeted by a beautiful courtyard with a large pond in the center.

Looking at the sky she could see a beautiful night sky with countless stars shining across the horizon.

Being dazed for a moment she recovered before walking around the courtyard, taking in the sights and sounds of the place.

Taking a seat by the side of the pond, Meng Lin closed her eyes and let herself be consumed by tranquility, something she hadn't felt in a long time.

She thought about her past life, a life she hadn’t thought about since her transmigration.

She thought about how she was in her orphanage, with no one to rely on but herself and the hardships she faced just to get a some form of closure.

Back then the thought of a happy life was what kept her eyes full of hope, but now when she thought about the wonders of the cultivation world her eyes would brighten with hope and determination.

She wondered about the tranquility of the upper echelon of power and if the experience would be any different than this.

However she knew that the only way of knowing was actually cultivating towards that point so she steeled her heart.

As her thoughts drifted, she became aware of a presence nearby. She opened her eyes to see a figure standing by the side.

It was Wen Bonshan, the one who tended to her.

"How are you finding this place?" he asked.

Meng Lin looked at him before smiling and replied, "I feel at peace here. I am grateful for you”

The Wen Bonshan nodded and said, "That is good to hear. However, there are some matters that need to be taken care of”

“Come, I’ll explain as we travel” he added as he waved his hand to take something out of his storage bag.

A small fan appeared before growing to a few meters as Wen Bonshan jumped onto it before signaling for Meng Lin to do the same.

Meng Lin followed suit, jumping onto the fan and holding onto Wen Bonshan lightly as it lifted off the ground.

As they flew towards the direction of the Soul Shattering Sect's registration hall, Wen Bonshan began to explain the situation to Meng Lin.

"I will be taking you to get your sect token, since you were not an inner sect disciple of the Levitation Sect, we do not have to worry about your vows," he said.

Meng Lin was surprised. "Vows? What kind of vows?" she asked.

Wen Bonshan explained, "Vows of loyalty and dedication to the sect, vows to uphold its values and contribute to its growth. every sect member is required to say the vows, it’s usually the outer sect members that don’t have that requirement.”

Her turned his head to say to Meng Lin “As someone with Luan’s soul, you will be treated differently. every person with Luan’s soul can jump the ladder to be considered a direct disciple of the sect, however, you need to contribute to the sect before they allow you"

Meng Lin nodded, taking in the information, she asked “what exactly is Luan’s Soul and how did it come about”

Wen Bonshan hesitated for a moment before answering, "Luan's Soul is a name given to people with Powerful Physiques, because of their interconnected resonance, it is said to be the remnant power of a cultivator at the Ensoulment Realm. However, some also say that it is just the name given to anyone with a rare physique, named after the continent itself”

“The truth is still a mystery, as there has never been any evidence of of the two things I mentioned."

Meng Lin nodded, understanding the situation better. Even with her newfound memories she realized that she had a lot to learn about the cultivation world and the different physiques and abilities that existed within it.

As they landed in front of the registration hall Wen Bonshan led her inside, the hall was quiet except for the sound of a few disciples talking softly amongst themselves.

Wen Bonshan approached the front desk and spoke to the receptionist, explaining that Meng Lin needed to get her sect token.

The receptionist nodded and handed over a form for Meng Lin to fill out, which included her name, age, and cultivation level.

Meng Lin quickly filled out the form before handing it back to the receptionist, who then quickly handed her a small gold token with the Soul Shattering Sect’s emblem inscribed on one side and her name on the other.

"This is your sect token. It will allow you access to certain areas of the sect and is required for any missions or tasks assigned to you," Wen Bonshan explained.

Meng Lin took the token, examining it closely “Why is it gold” Meng Lin asked, curious about the significance of the color.

Wen Bonshan smiled, "The gold token represents that you are one of the 7 with Luan’s Soul, it only has benefit inside the sect so don’t casually show it to outsiders”

Meng Lin nodded, understanding the importance of the token.

"Now, for your residency, you will have to choose one of the 6 divisions” Wen Bonshan said, remembering the meeting.

“Divisions?” Meng Lin, who had never heard of it asked Wen Bonshan to elaborate on them.

"The Soul Shattering Sect is divided into six different divisions, each with its own focus and purpose. They are the Weapons Division, the Formation Division, the Alchemy Division, the Beast Tamer Division, the Medicine Division, and the Martial Arts Division," Wen Bonshan explained.

Meng Lin was intrigued, and she asked, "What are the differences between these divisions?"

Wen Bonshan smiled, "The Weapons Division focuses on blacksmiths and cultivation of weapons techniques. The Formation Division focuses on the creation of talismans and the manipulation of formations.

“The Alchemy Division focuses on the creation of pills and elixirs. The Beast Division focuses on the cultivation of beasts and beasts taming.”

“The Medicine Division focuses on the healing arts and the study of medicinal herbs. The Martial Arts Division focuses on physical training and the cultivation of martial techniques."

Meng Lin listened carefully, considering her options, quickly eliminating the Medicine Division and the Formation Division as she knew they didn’t fit her interests.

“I’m interested in the Weapons Division and the Martial Arts Division,” Meng Lin said, “Which one do you think would be better for me?”

22