Chapter 84: Ancient Spirit Beast Pagoda: Part 2
338 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin stepped through the gate and found herself in a vast, open plain. The grass stretched out as far as she could see, and the sky was a bright blue with a few fluffy clouds.

She took a deep breath of the fresh air and felt a sense of peace wash over her. But that peace was soon shattered by a loud roar.

Looking around, Meng Lin saw a massive creature charging towards her. It was a giant, vicious-looking boar with razor-sharp tusks and a thick hide.

Meng Lin quickly analyzed the creature and realized that it was a middle stage Rank 2 spirit beast known as a Razorback Boar, it was another ancient creature with a trace of a Monstrous Elephant blood.

Roar

The Razorback Boar charged at her with incredible speed, its tusks aimed straight at her.

Meng Lin didn't panic, instead she focused her energy and released a burst of spiritual qi, forming a shield around her body.

Peng

“Hmm”

The boar crashed into the shield with a loud noise, causing Meng Lin to experience a shocking might as she felt her legs indent into the ground.

This middle stage spirit beast actually had the strength of a late rank 2 spirit beast, it was ferocious however it was unable to penetrate the barrier.

Meng Lin then struck out with her fair palm, which became coated with a dark qi.

Peng

A wave of corrosive energy was unleashed into the air as the boar was sent flying backwards.

The boar crashed into the ground and lay still with a large hole in its body, its body turned into a cloud of mist before disappearing from the battlefield.

Meng Lin looked at the disappearing mist and couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction.

She was getting better at handling these spirit beasts, and she knew that her cultivation was improving with each encounter.

She looked at her hand which held numerous small scratches as if countless small insects just tried to tear through her skin.

A corrosive effect of her own ability, Corrosive Qi, Meng Lin narrowed her eyes, it seems that she had to be careful of when to use it, however the thoughts of her new Bracelets put that thought to rest.

She looked around and saw the gate to the next floor, before walking to it.

As she stepped through the gate, the surroundings changed once again. This time, she found herself in a dark, eerie forest filled with twisted trees and tangled vines.

She could feel a sense of danger in the air, and she knew that this would be a more difficult challenge.

Suddenly, she heard a low growl. Looking around, she saw a pair of glowing eyes in the darkness.

Meng Lin quickly analyzed the creature and realized that it was a late stage Rank 2 spirit beast known as a Shadow Panther.

The Shadow Panther pounced towards her with incredible speed, its claws aimed straight at her throat.

Meng Lin didn't panic, instead she focused her energy and released a burst of spiritual qi, dodging the attack with ease.

The Shadow Panther landed on the ground and quickly turned to face her again, its eyes glowing with a fierce intensity.

It charged at her again, but this time Meng Lin was ready, she stood her ground, her aura pulsing with power.

She struck out with her palm, unleashing a powerful blast of qi that hit the panther and sent it flying backwards.

The Shadow Panther crashed into a tree, its body falling down to the ground, it got up again with a growl, seemingly unharmed by the attack.

The panther charged at her again, its movements fluid and graceful. Meng Lin dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding its claws.

She struck out with her palm once again, but this time the panther was too quick. It dodged the attack and leapt towards her, its jaws open wide.

Meng Lin focused her energy and changed the trajectory of her palm to unleash a burst of spiritual qi while calling out a technique.

“Waterfall Slash”

A powerful qi was released from her palm, taking the form of a sharp, slicing blade of water that struck the panther head-on.

The Shadow Panther let out a loud roar as it was hit by the Waterfall Slash, its body falling to the ground in two before turning into mist.

She looked around and saw the gate to the next floor before heading forward, she was actually looking forward to the next battle.

As she stepped through the gate, the surroundings changed once again. This time, she found herself in a barren wasteland with rugged terrain and a scorching sun overhead.

She could feel the heat radiating off the ground, and she knew that this would be a bit difficult.

Suddenly, she heard a loud noise. Looking around, she saw a massive creature charging towards her. It was a fiery-red horse with wings and sharp claws and a powerful tail.

Meng Lin quickly analyzed the creature and realized that it was a late Rank 2 ancient spirit beast known as a Winged Fire Horse.

A creature with the ancient blood of an actual Dragon, a mythical beast, seeing this, Meng Lin’s curiosity increased even more.

The Winged Fire Horse pounced towards her with incredible speed, its claws aimed straight at her.

Meng Lin quickly dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the attack as a big scar opened up on the ground.

She focused her energy and released a burst of spiritual qi, forming a shield around her body. The Fire Horse crashed into the shield, its claws bouncing off harmlessly while causing indentations on the shield.

Meng Lin then struck out with her palm, unleashing a powerful blast of qi that hit the horse and sent it tumbling backwards.

The Fire Horse forced itself to stop and quickly looked up again, its eyes glowing with a fierce intensity.

Meng Lin realized that this was going to be a tougher fight than she had anticipated, however she knew it’s weakness.

The Fire Horse is a fierce ancient spirit beast, and it seemed to be able to withstand her attacks, however…

Roar!!

The fire horse charged at her again, but this time Meng Lin was ready. She stood her ground, her aura pulsing with power.

She quickly covered herself with the lightning, using her technique thunderbolt Flash.

Out of her palm appeared a condensed ball of lighting that quickly grew into a giant ball of lightning that was suspended in the air.

Meng Lin waited for the Fire horse to reach only a few meters before she unleashed the lightning blast that hit the horse and sent it flying backwards.

While the Winged Fire Horse was in midair Meng Lin pointed a finger, gathering large amounts of lightning qi before bursting out in one straight burst.

Puchi

A big hole opened up on the stomach of the The Fire horse as it crashed into a rock formation, its body falling to the ground and turning into mist.

Meng Lin stood there for a moment, catching her breath, she had beaten an ancient spirit beast of the same realm without relying on her brute Qi.

She realized that it wouldn’t have been possible if not for her widen spiritual vains, which incredibly increased the output of her qi, It naturally made her quite happy to know this.

22