Chapter 98: Low Grade Weapon: Thunderstripped Sword
321 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Lin was currently seated in her blacksmith room, in her hand was the journal filled with details about blacksmithing.

Her eyes were immersed in the book as she carefully studied and reread the few parts mentioning Low grade spirit
weapons.

After a few minutes of reading Meng Lin closed the book before calling out the system to head to the blacksmiths panel.

[Blacksmith (beginning) 100%]

Weapon slot: none

Ingredients: none

Chance of success: none

These past few days she had been focused on improving her percentage and finally it has reached the hundred percent.

The next step forward was to try and create a low grade weapon or item, otherwise she wouldn’t be able to change the beginner status on the panel.

Focusing on the weapons slot she quickly choosed a low grade sword which caused the whole panel to change once more.

Knowing the ingredient for the weapon she also added them to the couldron before the panel showed the chance of success.

[Blacksmith (beginning) 100%]

Weapon slot: Low grade Sword

Ingredients: Light Iron6, Fire Ore4, Shadow String, Thunder Wood1

Chance of success: 20%

Meng Lin looked at the ingredients, carefully examining each one. She knew that the success rate would not rise anymore because of her current rank as a beginner blacksmith.

Once she creates an actual low grade weapon then the success rate will rise and continue to rise as she creates more.

Having just a 20 percent chance of success Meng Lin didn’t let it discourage her.

Because she knows without the small refining cauldron doing most of the work then she would be spending months just to reach her current success rate.

She took a deep breath and pressed the start button, she watched as the couldron showed a timer, one even more than the last ones.

5:99 seconds.

Meng Lin took this time to carefully release her spiritual consciousness towards the couldron.

Because the insides of the couldron were a void to the eye, she used her spiritual consciousness to sense what was happening inside.

She didn’t intend to interfere in the refining process but to rather watch and analyze so she could get an understanding.

She watched as the Light Iron began to heat up until it was glowing red, Then, the Fire Ore began to be absorbed into the Light Iron as the red Iron began to take the shape of a blade on both ends.

As she watched, she saw the Shadow String and Thunder Wood move towards the blade gradually melting to take the shape of a hilt that would provide a secure grip for the wielder.

Finally, she saw their auras combined together, making them fuse into a cohesive whole.

As Meng Lin was watching the scene, a loud ding echoed through the air, signaling the completion of the countdown.

Meng Lin opened her eyes with an expectant glow as she hoped to see system panels appear before her eyes, and she wasn’t misled as a small panel appeared.

[You have gained experience for creating a spiritual sword]

The small glow within Meng Lin’s eyes suddenly dimmed, she hadn’t manage to create a low grade spirit weapon

However, she didn't let it discourage her. She knew that failure was a part of the learning process, and that she needed to keep trying until she succeeded.

Meng Lin carefully examined the floating sword above the couldron, she noted that the sword had spirituality however the harmony between the four ingredients weren’t good.

She could sense that the aura of the sword was weak and unbalanced, which meant that it wouldn't be very effective in combat and has a chance of suddenly losing function mid battle.

Meng Lin took a breath and focused her attention on the journal once more. She searched for any clues or tips that could help her improve the harmony between the ingredients.

Even though she knows that her knowledge would not increase as she already memorized the whole journey, she thought to still reread the journal.

After a few minutes of reading, she decided to try again, she choosed a low grade sword and carefully took out the ingredients before putting them inside the refining couldron.

She noticed that the chance of success had increased by 5 percent and attributed that to the last failure in creation.

She pressed the start button once more, and this time she watched as the ingredients began to fuse together.

As the countdown reached its end, Meng Lin held her breath, hoping for a better result this time.

When the panel appeared again, she saw that the message was different and it caused her to spring in joy.

[Congratulations! You have successfully created a low grade spirit weapon: Thunderstripped Sword]

[For successfully creating a low grade weapon for the first time you have received the items: Light Iron13, Fire Ore10, Shadow Strings9, Thunder Wood10.

Meng Lin couldn't contain her excitement as she looked at the sword floating above the cauldron.

It wasn’t a beautiful weapon, but it had a sharp blade and a sturdy hilt made of Shadow Strings and Thunder Wood.

She took the sword from the cauldron and examined it closely.

It was somewhat imperfect compared to the two other low grade sprit swords that she had but it was still a low grade sword.

Meng Lin felt a sense of pride and accomplishment as she held the Sword in her hands.

She knew that she still had a long way to go for her to bring her plan to fruition, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

As the sun was reaching its peak, Meng Lin felt it was time to go towards the training grounds, to the Pagoda of five Elements.

She left her blacksmith room and headed towards the pagoda and after a few minutes of her happily walking towards the pagoda she finally reached it.

The pagoda, like always barely had a any diciples, this day Meng Lin found only one other diciple there, however the familiar face made her halt her steps.

It was Liang Chen, the arrogant man with the symbol on his forehead, he seemed to have noticed her as well as he turned to look in her direction.

Seeing her he grinned and said “ we meet again, greenhorn”

Meng Lin didn’t want to engage in a conversation with him so she just nooded.

“You know I’ll also be participating in the mission too” he continued, trying to see her reaction.

Meng Lin just shrugged as she had expected something like that, she ignored his presence and walked towards the old man who was sitting at the entrance of the pagoda.

The old man looked up as she approached, his eyes filled with a warm light.

“Welcome,” he said.

Meng Lin bowed respectfully to the old man before speaking. “Master, I have come to train.”

The old man nodded in approval before pointing towards the entrance of the pagoda.

“Enter the pagoda and choose the elements you wish to train in, however remember ” he said, not finishing his words.

Meng Lin nodded before entering the pagoda, leaving the old man and Liang Chen at the entrance.

Liang Chen, who had been observing their interaction, couldn't help but laugh, “That girl, it almost seems like you’re infatuated with her”.

The old man simply smiled and shook his head. “Nonsense, young one. I simply see potential in her, potential that came in the form of determination to succeed.”

Liang Chen raised an eyebrow. “And you think it’s all about determination, not talent?”

The old man looked towards the pagoda where Meng Lin had disappeared into. “ that remains to be seen young one, only time will tell.”

Liang Chen snorted before stepping towards the gate. “Time. I highly doubt that.”

As he entered the pagoda, he felt his surroundings change, he was in space with orbs of light appearing around him.

He released his spiritual consciousness which surrounded the whole space and didn’t fail to notice Meng Lin who was quite a bit far away.

Surrounding her were 15 orbs of light that all represented the water element that were releasing qi.

He scoffed at the sight before closing his eyes and concentrating, orbs began to move around him to slowly circle him.

After a few seconds he became surrounded by 25 orbs of different color as even with all that he opened his eyes.

Looking over at her once again he scorned, feeling not the least bit of strain to his spiritual consciousness.

23