Chapter 116: Platforms
278 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air crackled with an unsettling energy as the grotesque gate emerged from the barrier.

It loomed before Meng Lin and Liang Chen, emanating a menacing aura that sent shivers down their spines.

Meng Lin's heart raced with a mix of fear and caution. She knew that whatever lay beyond that gate was dangerous.

Liang Chen's eyes narrowed, his body tense with readiness. He knew that this was probably the case of two peoples using the Shadowbreaker pendant.

As they stood before the grotesque gate, a deafening silence enveloped them, and then, with a bone-chilling creak, the gate slowly glowed as from within the gate, monstrous figures emerged.

Their forms were twisted and distorted, radiating an overwhelming power that Meng Lin had only encountered once before.

These were no ordinary monsters, but beings of the Rank 3 stage with some shocking few being at the middle and late stages of Rank 3.

Roar!!!!!

Hundreds of roars echoed through the air as the grotesque creatures charged towards Meng Lin and Liang Chen. The ground shook beneath their heavy footsteps, further intensifying the atmosphere of danger.

Meng Lin at the side turned pale as she looked ahead as the hundreds of Monsters charged while all releasing aura of maddening proportions.

She was confident in her ability to go one on one but hundreds, she knew that she wouldn’t last a second against that many, especially those that are already at the middle and late stage.

ROAR!

A burst of aura began to approach them as the grotesque monsters sent out their wills in the form of a raging tide towards the duo.

Liang Chen's face grimaced as he quickly took out a talisman from within his robes.

Before Meng Lin could react, she felt her waist being grasped by a hand as she was pulled closer to Liang Chen.

"Hold on tight," Liang Chen's voice sounded in her ear, his tone urgent.

Burst!!

Meng Lin felt a surge of energy enveloping her as a talisman activated, and in an instant, the world around her blurred and shifted.

The next thing she knew, they were standing on a huge clearing, their location unknown.

Feeling the warm around her waist Meng Lin was about to speak before she suddenly noticed something.

Rumble!

Beneath them, the ground shook and a large platform emerged under their feets, slowly lifting them up in the air.

The platform glowed with a mysterious energy and seemed to have activated because of them stepping on it.

Meng Lin wanted to move, however the more the platform went up, the more the speed would increase and by extension the more pressure was put on Meng Lin and Liang Chen.

She realized that she couldn’t move an inch, the pressure weighed heavily upon her and she knew that if her qi gathering self was standing in this place, then even with the brute qi she would have burst into a pool of blood.

Woosh!!!

The platform moved at an alarming accelerated speed as in an instant they found themselves in a completely different environment, deep within the sky.

“This is” Meng Lin couldn’t finish her sentence as her eyes scanned the area. She realized that they were next to a huge gate with thousands of floating platforms.

Figures stood on each of them and wore robes of vibrant colors, each symbolizing a different power, Meng Lin could sense that they were all powerful cultivators.

And as she observed the figures more closely, she didn’t fail to notice how all of them turned towards them, their gaze filled with intrigue.

A woman with long silver white hair stood on a platform, her eyes glowing with a cold chilling aura, Meng Lin couldn’t see her realm but she could assume.

Beside her stood a young man that was at the peak of the foundation establishment realm and looking at him Meng Lin felt the same feeling as when she first met Liang Chen.

‘He must be another one’ Meng Lin thought, her gaze drew closer to the other platforms as she tried to gouge out from among them who were giving the same feeling.

A dozen platforms from her, a young man clad in gold armor stood with a curious smile as he looked towards Meng Lin and Liang Chen, his gaze focusing on Lian Chen more so than Meng Lin.

And a few more platforms away was another man that had a dark and ruthless look in his eyes as he didn’t gaze towards them when they appeared, he appeared to have disregarded their appearance.

Next to the man was a man with long black hair going down his back, and his eyes filled with a ruthless glint, it was Zhang Wei of the Scarlet Demon Sect, his face held a wicked smile as he amused at the sight of the duo.

Meng Lin was slightly surprised to see that he too was able to leave the dead zone but after thinking through what he said before, she realized he probably had a way of leaving the zone.

Further down the platforms Meng Lin's gaze failed to notice a young man of a relative average aura standing on one of the platforms, his eyes shone red like ruby as soon as he saw Meng Lin appear.

****

At a platform far away from the location where Meng Lin and Liang Chen stood was a girl with a surprised expression “Is that Meng Lin and Liang Chen” Xie Ru whispered, her eyes widening in surprise.

“Yeah I think it’s them, but are they hugging each other” Liam Mu whispered with a puzzled expression.

Luo Su chuckled, understanding the situation. "From the lingering qi surrounding them, they must have used a teleportation talisman, they probably don’t even know where they are."

Lu Xuan remained silent, her face unreadable, but her eyes flickered with concern.

Yue Feng laughed a bit at the sight before she looked towards Xi Ruan as it was only him at the Gold Core Realm.

Xu Ruan nooded, it was only at the Gold Core Realm that a cultivator could transmit his voice without the fear of others hearing it.

He smiled as he raised his aura, drawing the attention of nearby cultivators from other platforms, he didn’t care as he opened his mouth to speak, his voice silently transmitting towards the duo.

“You two sure have incredible luck”

Meng Lin and Liang Chen snapped their heads as they heard the voice of Liang Chen reverberate in ther head, they looked towards the direction of voice, their eyes widening in surprise.

"Xu Ruan?" Meng Lin exclaimed, her voice filled with suprise.

Liang Chen's gaze hardened as he could barely make out Xu Ruan. "Where are we”

Xu Ruan, from far away smiled, his eyes glinting with even more amusement. "Since when were you two a couple”

18